This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Kopmeister (20 posts) -

If you subscribe for say 3 months, don't enjoy your stay and don't renew your subscription then say 2 months later a game you want comes up and you resubscribe will you lose the games you had during your first time or would you lose them?

#2 Posted by jakesnakeel (146 posts) -

@kopmeister: From Playstation Plus FAQ - "

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?

A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection."

#3 Posted by robokill (964 posts) -

still the best game service around. As someone who doesn't have a lot of time to dedicate towards games I just pay the $50 a year and that pretty much covers my video game expenses for the year. Problem with other services (cough, cough steam) is that f2p games are trash and usually money grabs. I've got a backlog of psn+ game to get to once I get my Christmas break, most of all Shadow of Colossus and Borderlands 2. I'm big into playing games from a few years ago for way cheaper than they are new.

#4 Posted by withe1982 (423 posts) -

If you subscribe for say 3 months, don't enjoy your stay and don't renew your subscription then say 2 months later a game you want comes up and you resubscribe will you lose the games you had during your first time or would you lose them?

Once a game from PS+ has been activated (download initiated) you can play it as long as you still have a PS+ subscription. They will remain in your downloads list forever and you can download them whenever you want (but obviously can only play them when subbed).

So in answer to your question: yes you can let your subscription run out then re-subscribe down the line and still play those games *as long as you started a download of the game when you were subscribed.

Every month, once new games are added, I set every game away downloading |(even ones I'm not really interested in) then cancel the downloads so they will remain in my list to grab whenever I feel like getting them.

PS + really is a superb and unrivalled service

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65913 posts) -

@kopmeister: From Playstation Plus FAQ - "

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?

A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection."

this answers your question, as long as you press "download" it's in there

#6 Posted by Kopmeister (20 posts) -

Cheers guys