Playstation Now - Now under a subscription plan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drodriguesaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 drodriguesaar
Member since 2012 • 173 Posts

Hello guys,

In a official post in a us playstation official blog, Sony announces that the Playstation Now service will be launched using a subcription based plan for us gamers with instant access to more than 100 PS3 games.

You’ll be able to choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month).

Here's the link:
Playstation Now subscription based

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Can we play ps1 and ps2 games on it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

really steep. Might go for the occasional month.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

That's how I thought the service was going to be like in the first place. It's basically a streaming version of something like GameFly. I think this should give the service much more appeal. I don't think I'll personally try it out anytime soon. But for $20 for 1 month, you could easily play through several games. Granted, we're just talking about a fairly limited selection, but I could see the potential value in paying for the occasional month.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I think that service is better for casuals or people who might have skipped over the PS3! I'm glad I still got mine(fat and a slim)

drodriguesaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 drodriguesaar
Member since 2012 • 173 Posts

Yes, the service clearly have a target, the ones that jumped from another platforms into the ps consoles recently. We can say that the price is salty, but its a good step forward. The service is in its first steps and I bet we're going to see more adjusts since its a beta edition. But, if you see the whole picture, it'll be a great service. In the future we're going to see games from ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4, psp, psvita into the games library and we'll have the chance to play from TV's, Smartphones, Vita and who knows what more..

Actually for a gaming library containing in its most, ps3 games, its salty and the price isnt too fair. If you still got your PS3, there's no point in getting the service, but if don't or if you missed some games from the previous generation and want to try it, its a good deal anyway.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Very interesting, Sony has found another way to milk the fanboy base so it´s not only MS is the evil one. PS+ membership and now PS game renting; gotta fill that 1.2 billion hole in their pockets somehow.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That is a premium price.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sony is going to have a hell of a time. The price is a bit off. The playstation now service is going to have to find a way to get a lower price for their subscription. This might be good for people who have not been with PlayStation brand in a long time. Those people who went to Microsoft during the 360 era. But this might not be for people who have been with PlayStation since the PS1.

Sony seems to have missed the sweet spot in pricing

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Pretty much, like others are saying.... Makes sense for the Xbox to PS converts, but too steep for those that have had the original consoles. I wouldn't mind if they just added PS3 games to the PSN for PS4. Certainly the Uncharteds and other exclusives would be in demand. I'd have to think they do a uncharted trilogy for ps4.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

For that price (if you want the service for a whole year), just buy a used PS3 and enjoy every game.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

would be great if it didn't need PS+ AND the 20/45 subscription, I have no interest in online gaming and most of the free games either ; anyway I see it as a different service : PS Now for playing older games, PS+ for those games that require online and the freebie games

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@TheTenth10 said:

would be great if it didn't need PS+AND the 20/45 subscription, I have no interest in online gaming and most of the free games either ; anyway I see it as a different service : PS Now for playing older games, PS+ for those games that require online and the freebie games

PSNow doesn't need PS+. PSNow is it's own service independent of PS+. I was a beta tester for it and PSNow was free in the beta. It's not for me as I am a collector and keep my old games, however you don't need PS+ to use PSNow.

I am not sure what you meant by "need PS+ AND the 20/45 subscription". What is a 20/45 subscription?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@TheTenth10 said:

would be great if it didn't need PS+AND the 20/45 subscription, I have no interest in online gaming and most of the free games either ; anyway I see it as a different service : PS Now for playing older games, PS+ for those games that require online and the freebie games

PSNow doesn't need PS+. PSNow is it's own service independent of PS+. I was a beta tester for it and PSNow was free in the beta. It's not for me as I am a collector and keep my old games, however you don't need PS+ to use PSNow.

I am not sure what you meant by "need PS+ AND the 20/45 subscription". What is a 20/45 subscription?

1) first thanks for the clarification, not sure why I thought PS+ was required, but they possibly didn't say it and it just seemed logical as it was an online service

2) 20/45 is the price for 1 month / 3 months in France

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@TheTenth10 said:

@SolidTy said:

@TheTenth10 said:

1) first thanks for the clarification, not sure why I thought PS+ was required, but they possibly didn't say it and it just seemed logical as it was an online service

2) 20/45 is the price for 1 month / 3 months in France

O I C (Oh I See).

French price points. Thanks! :P

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Honestly those prices aren't terrible. You have access to over 100 ps3 games for only 15 bucks a month. Its something I would use occasionally when they add more ps3 games I need to beat like demon souls and MGS4

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I downloaded the app, then deleted it. If I ever find the need to test a game to see if I want to buy it, then I'll use NOW as a rental experience.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

onlive is better only 9.99

Lance2015P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lance2015P
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

As an guy who tied PlayStation Now as an pay per game system it made me wish Sony wound just an an PS1, PS2, and PS3 Emulator to the PS4 and let us download and/or buy the disk and play then that way.