Playstation Now Announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -
#2 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Wow looks great. Just waiting to see what the actual cost of the service is. If I had to guess I'd say around £15 per month which is probably too much for me but for anyone without a PS console it'll be great.

I just want to be able to play PS3 games on my Vita like Sony said it would at launch.

#3 Posted by ahmedmandy (48 posts) -

Suddenly, the VITA is looking really attractive to me right now.

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5279 posts) -

This could turn out very well, but I still have my worries. Most importantly, I wonder how well the streaming will work. It will surely be very demanding internet usage-wise. I really don't want a single player game to lag or go into a lower resolution or something. I can't even watch Netflix in HD at times on my fairly decent connection. I'm not too worried about the game selection since they already mentioned some big titles that would be included. The price remains to be seen, but if you have access to so many games, I doubt it's going to be cheap. It will pretty much be PS+ on crack it seems. Not much is being said about the renting portion of all this. That's something I'd definitely be interested in, unless they overprice that anyway.

#5 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

timing seems right. launch was about the games. and now they add additional functions for the machine.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

Suddenly, the VITA is looking really attractive to me right now.

oh yeah, playing Last of Us on that, will be amazing

#7 Edited by The_Grin (9 posts) -

I am excited to see where this goes! This to me seems to be the right way to go about inching closer to full digital distribution. Sony needs to continue talking about the positives of the service, and make an affordable price. If this service is done right it could be a real game changer.

#8 Posted by kyacat (4043 posts) -

When do we find out about playstation now fees?

#9 Edited by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -

I want to learn more about PlayStation Now. I do think it's kind of strange how everyone opposes backwards compatibility but is excited for PlayStation Now. Gamers are strange to me. lol

#10 Posted by Coolyfett (5079 posts) -

@the_grin said:

I am excited to see where this goes! This to me seems to be the right way to go about inching closer to full digital distribution. Sony needs to continue talking about the positives of the service, and make an affordable price. If this service is done right it could be a real game changer.

Its a very interesting concept they have going here with Playstation. Hopefully this feature will pick up a lot of steam and do well.

#11 Posted by The_Grin (9 posts) -

@Coolyfett: I am sure it will! Sony will bring value and nostalgia into this program.

#12 Posted by Coolyfett (5079 posts) -

@Jak-25 said:

I want to learn more about PlayStation Now. I do think it's kind of strange how everyone opposes backwards compatibility but is excited for PlayStation Now. Gamers are strange to me. lol

a good games is a good and many newer gamers missed out on many generation 4 & generation 5 classics. Backwards gaming is great.

#13 Posted by jakesnakeel (147 posts) -

@Jak-25:

@Jak-25 said:

I've never heard of one person who opposes backward compatibility!? It's strange that you think that. The only people who could possibly oppose it are Sony and MS.

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

I think it has a lot of potential if you ask me