Playstation 4 USB Connectivity to Smart Phones, Tablets, etc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thajewbear (24 posts) -

Can someone explain to me how exactly I would go about using a USB connection including my PS4 and smart phone or tablet to view content on my console? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tablet 2 that seem to do nothing but charge when they are connected via USB. It is frustrating because the same thing happened when connected to my PS3 and I feel stupid that I cannot figure this out.

For example, I want to be able to view a video that I have downloaded on my tablet or phone on my PS4.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30840 posts) -

Simple, you can't.

#3 Edited by MarcRecon (5994 posts) -

@thajewbear said:

Can someone explain to me how exactly I would go about using a USB connection including my PS4 and smart phone or tablet to view content on my console? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tablet 2 that seem to do nothing but charge when they are connected via USB. It is frustrating because the same thing happened when connected to my PS3 and I feel stupid that I cannot figure this out.

For example, I want to be able to view a video that I have downloaded on my tablet or phone on my PS4.

There is a PSN app available, but that's just for viewing trophies, friends activities and purchasing things from the PSN store. The streaming feature will be available through a firmware update...it's been confirmed.

#4 Posted by TheTenth10 (3061 posts) -

the big thing that is missing now - and I'm not so sure Sony will put it as they prefer to sell video and music with Unlimites - is that there is no MP3 or video or image software so the files couldn't be seen by the PS4 anyway. On PS3 you had to transfer the file to the PS4 to read it anyway.