Playstation 4 Improvements :D :D

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Aaron-89 (103 posts) -

What improvements would you like to see to the ps4? now i obviously dont just mean graphics. One for me would be that i could both play a game, then pause it, and watch someting from my harddrive, without having to exit the game, something simple which i think would make the experience better. just handier if im getting something to eat instead of looking at a paused screen :)

#2 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

no mandatory singstar icon on top of the game XMB section

#3 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
I want live saving the ability to save at any point in any game. I know most games let you do this but its just annoying knowing that you have to leave in a minute and rushing through a of the game just to get to a save point. I would also want to see them using SSD drives and also keep it easy to swap them out. Imagine having a game saved to a SSD drive or just parts of it the loading screens will be more or less gone. I would like cross game chat and a MIC to be included with every console. 4K support would be amazing aswell in preparation for the new wave of TV's set to come out. Also have better graphics but I don't think the gap will be as huge but what I do want is much better physics or effects. So even if it doesn't look as better as what PS3 did compared to the PS2 I want loads better physics. Imagine the next BF on consoles with new smoke and mirrors like it is at the moment and each brick or as close to reacts in its own way it would be amazing. KEEP THE SAME CONTROLLERS I LOVE THEM. more USB ports and USB3 aswell the ability to shop and download extra DLC from within the game and for it to download and install even if you are still playing online. Auto updates for all users not just PS+ which I'am but still feel its a feature that everyone should have
#4 Posted by Sophette (508 posts) -
You can already use SSD drives on PS3. It's been tested on many sites including this one. At the moment, there's no real benefit to using them over regular hard drives. I'm not sure if that will change in the next generation, unless developers specifically program their games to take advantage of SSD read and write speeds.
#5 Posted by eo_the_shaman (1800 posts) -

playstation 2 compatibility

#6 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Yeah I agree with that.

#7 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -
Backwards compatibility with PS2 and PS3. I also want to be able to use my PS3/Move controllers on the new system, hopefully without some extra peripheral that I have to buy.
#8 Posted by WhiteStormy (241 posts) -

I want the PS4 to make me a sandwich.

#9 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -
  • No mandatory installs but the option for full game installs
  • Access all XMB (the PS4 equivalent) features during a game
  • PS2/3 BC via streaming. For free with games you already own.
  • Unified RAM
  • Chunkier DS4 with concave analogs
  • Cross game chat/invites
  • Fewer and faster updates; also no installing after downloading
#10 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I'd like to see Sony make a friendlier architecture for developers to work with so I can stop reading from all these people how easier it is to develop for 360.
#11 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

I'd like to see the Menu area for the console to be extremely customizable.

#12 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -
The best ever graphics which will blow me away. Isn't the Unreal 4 engine or is it the 3 one meant to be for next gen?
#13 Posted by NaelNael (168 posts) -

I know you said other than graphics, but i'm only looking forward for the graphics tbh. I really couldn't care less about all the motion control rubbish they're going to try and cram into the next generation, someone needs to let them know, we are happy with our controllers...

#14 Posted by 01_855403 (1003 posts) -
Most of the problems will be fixed but what improvements we demand are new stuff/features. Like Built-in voice recognition (or mic), it is in the console so no need for separate mic. Voice recognized password. What we all want hardware wise is basically more system RAM for instant OS access to all content, cross-game chat...etc. The download then install issue will be addressed of course but i think it is all on the PlayStation Store's end.
#15 Posted by RapidTurtle (342 posts) -

Change the freaking controller already.

#16 Posted by SoNin360 (5483 posts) -
Well I'd like to be able to transfer my account and be able to play any downloadable games purchased with said account.
#17 Posted by rwallacefan (4886 posts) -

eo_the_shaman

This with PS3 compatiblity as well

#18 Posted by bufu21 (1214 posts) -
Be able to have more then one person logged in a game.
#19 Posted by mikk34 (1 posts) -
Yeah!! I want it°
#20 Posted by jsmoke03 (12903 posts) -

[QUOTE="eo_the_shaman"]

rwallacefan

why don't you guys just keep your old consoles? is it really that big of a problem? plus i don't think im going to see this happening anytime soon since they are making money by releasing compilation games....
#21 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -
[QUOTE="rwallacefan"]

[QUOTE="eo_the_shaman"]

jsmoke03

why don't you guys just keep your old consoles? is it really that big of a problem? plus i don't think im going to see this happening anytime soon since they are making money by releasing compilation games....

What if someone's console YLODed? I really can't be bothered to buy a new one I'll just wait for the next gen. At the same time though there are some PS3 games in my collection that I like so much that I can't bring myself to sell them. I'll hold on to them and hope the next console will have BC.
#22 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

why don't you guys just keep your old consoles? is it really that big of a problem?jsmoke03
5eriously

plus i don't think im going to see this happening anytime soon since they are making money by releasing compilation games....jsmoke03

^This. Not only HD compilations, but backwards compatibility isn't a money-maker for Sony, or any company for that matter. You can count on PS4 having BC for PS2 just as it is available now--through the PS Store. Backwards compatibility drives up the cost of the console so I don't think it's a feature that will make some sort of comeback. Even if the PS4 does offer PS3 compatibility (which it most likely will), I am still not selling my PS3.

#23 Posted by RapidTurtle (342 posts) -

[QUOTE="rwallacefan"]

[QUOTE="eo_the_shaman"]

jsmoke03

I agree with you. I would rather see them keep cost lower, and I will just keep my PS3.

#24 Posted by hiryu3 (7304 posts) -
in game voice chat, in game web browsing, gamestate pausing, multi user login, multiple ear piece support, 8 gigs of total system memory with 2 gigs dedicated to the OS, google chrome browser, all movie codec support I think that should include most of the things people whined about
#25 Posted by bufu21 (1214 posts) -
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]in game voice chat, in game web browsing, gamestate pausing, multi user login, multiple ear piece support, 8 gigs of total system memory with 2 gigs dedicated to the OS, google chrome browser, all movie codec support I think that should include most of the things people whined about

Pretty much and customizable home screen