Playstation 3 Video Game Recommendation Thread

#251 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@NoirLamia777: nice to see you updated this from the last time i saw this :)

#252 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@NoirLamia777: nice to see you updated this from the last time i saw this :)

Really wish I could get Puppeteer and Beyond up there but I lost all my files and don't have photoshop on this computer :(

#253 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@NoirLamia777: nice to see you updated this from the last time i saw this :)

Really wish I could get Puppeteer and Beyond up there but I lost all my files and don't have photoshop on this computer :(

At least you got games like The Last of Us though

#254 Posted by koolyoe (138 posts) -

Hello everyone, I am stuck in a rut and need some suggestions.

I have ps3 and xbox 360 so I am not biased to a particular system.

Games I own or have played:

Xbox:Bioschok 1,2,infiite, fable,2,3 The Walking Dead, BF3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect 1,2,3, RDR, Halo Reach, CoD Mw3, Command and Conquer Tiberium warfare, Dark Souls. GoW 1,2,3 Midnight club LA, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rage, Lost Planet,

PS3: MGS4, Assasins Creed 1 through 3, The Last of US, Uncharted 1,2,3, God of War Saga, Ni No kuni, FF13, 13-2, FF Real Reborn, lb2, lbp karting, infamous, demon's souls, sleeping dogs, xcom enemy unknown, bf3, DeadSpace1,2,3, skyrim,

Let me know what are some games I should not miss out on.

I plan to get GTA V, Assasins creed 4, bf4, cod ghosts, but I will wait for them to drop in price. I have gamefly so I can test before I buy. Thanks everyone.

#255 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@koolyoe said:

Hello everyone, I am stuck in a rut and need some suggestions.

I have ps3 and xbox 360 so I am not biased to a particular system.

Games I own or have played:

Xbox:Bioschok 1,2,infiite, fable,2,3 The Walking Dead, BF3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect 1,2,3, RDR, Halo Reach, CoD Mw3, Command and Conquer Tiberium warfare, Dark Souls. GoW 1,2,3 Midnight club LA, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rage, Lost Planet,

PS3: MGS4, Assasins Creed 1 through 3, The Last of US, Uncharted 1,2,3, God of War Saga, Ni No kuni, FF13, 13-2, FF Real Reborn, lb2, lbp karting, infamous, demon's souls, sleeping dogs, xcom enemy unknown, bf3, DeadSpace1,2,3, skyrim,

Let me know what are some games I should not miss out on.

I plan to get GTA V, Assasins creed 4, bf4, cod ghosts, but I will wait for them to drop in price. I have gamefly so I can test before I buy. Thanks everyone.

Dragon Age: Origins, Forza 4, Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Asylum & City, Far Cry 3 & Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Journey, Hitman Absolution, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron are the ones i can recomend from the top of my head

#256 Posted by VirtualAntics (553 posts) -

@koolyoe said:

Hello everyone, I am stuck in a rut and need some suggestions.

I have ps3 and xbox 360 so I am not biased to a particular system.

Games I own or have played:

Xbox:Bioschok 1,2,infiite, fable,2,3 The Walking Dead, BF3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect 1,2,3, RDR, Halo Reach, CoD Mw3, Command and Conquer Tiberium warfare, Dark Souls. GoW 1,2,3 Midnight club LA, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rage, Lost Planet,

PS3: MGS4, Assasins Creed 1 through 3, The Last of US, Uncharted 1,2,3, God of War Saga, Ni No kuni, FF13, 13-2, FF Real Reborn, lb2, lbp karting, infamous, demon's souls, sleeping dogs, xcom enemy unknown, bf3, DeadSpace1,2,3, skyrim,

Let me know what are some games I should not miss out on.

I plan to get GTA V, Assasins creed 4, bf4, cod ghosts, but I will wait for them to drop in price. I have gamefly so I can test before I buy. Thanks everyone.

F.E.A.R 1, 2 or 3, Resistance 1, 2 or 3, Killzone 2 or 3, Crysis 2 or 3, Medal Of Honor, Prototype 1 or 2, Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead 1 or 2, Aliens v.s Predator, Aliens Colonial Marines, Max Payne 3, Dragon Age II, Alan Wake, The Orange Box, Dead Rising 2, Dead Island, The House Of The Dead Overkill, The Darkness 1 or 2, Minecraft, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Mirror's Edge.

#257 Posted by pcty (356 posts) -

@paunstefan: I would buy ICO & The Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

#258 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

Instead of going next gen after only playing X360 this gen, I came to my senses and got a ps3. With so many exclusives, its a bit daunting. I like all genres but my faves are driving, third person games, and rpgs. I've never liked jrpgs but I'm going to give them another look. Help!!

#259 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2749 posts) -

Instead of going next gen after only playing X360 this gen, I came to my senses and got a ps3. With so many exclusives, its a bit daunting. I like all genres but my faves are driving, third person games, and rpgs. I've never liked jrpgs but I'm going to give them another look. Help!!

The JRPG stars on the PS3 are without doubt:
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xillia
Ni No Kuni

Valkyria Chronicles is also highly regarded but it's less of a JRPG and more of a tactical jrpg which means it lacks exploration/running around outside combat.
Nier is also a jrpg that isn't very traditional and the gameplay is rather mediocre but the people that loves it (like me) loves it because of the great story.

There's a few others JRPGs I like such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Eternal Sonata but these are inferior to the games mentioned above.

I've probably missed some game but I'd say that the rest of the JRPG selection aren't worth your time unless you want to experience mediocrity (which you don't because you're not a hardcore jrpger).

Also... Regarding JRPGs... Any games involved with the company NISA / NIS-America should be avoided like the plague. They are the bottom of the JRPG-barrel from a budget, technical, graphical and gameplay perspective.

#260 Edited by jacoby9 (201 posts) -

So my girlfriend has been watching me play video games for 2 years and today she told me that she wants to join me and see if theres any she would enjoy playing too. I am pretty much a single-player only gamer and don't have any multiplayer games so I was hoping you all could give me some recommendations for simple, good co-op games because she isn't very good at the complex stuff because shes never played before. I only have a ps3 so ps3 only please.

One that I have played that would be simple enough and we would both probably enjoy is marvel ultimate alliance 2, but idk any else. The things she likes most about the games I play are games with interesting atmosphere, good characters and a good story. Thanks for the help!

#261 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

@FastEddie2121 said:

Instead of going next gen after only playing X360 this gen, I came to my senses and got a ps3. With so many exclusives, its a bit daunting. I like all genres but my faves are driving, third person games, and rpgs. I've never liked jrpgs but I'm going to give them another look. Help!!

The JRPG stars on the PS3 are without doubt:

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Ni No Kuni

Valkyria Chronicles is also highly regarded but it's less of a JRPG and more of a tactical jrpg which means it lacks exploration/running around outside combat.

Nier is also a jrpg that isn't very traditional and the gameplay is rather mediocre but the people that loves it (like me) loves it because of the great story.

There's a few others JRPGs I like such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Eternal Sonata but these are inferior to the games mentioned above.

I've probably missed some game but I'd say that the rest of the JRPG selection aren't worth your time unless you want to experience mediocrity (which you don't because you're not a hardcore jrpger).

Also... Regarding JRPGs... Any games involved with the company NISA / NIS-America should be avoided like the plague. They are the bottom of the JRPG-barrel from a budget, technical, graphical and gameplay perspective.

Thanks! I already played Nier and loved it, especially its ng+. I'm putting Ni No Kuni on my list. I fear my gaming backlog will get even more ridiculous if I get into jrpgs which is a good thing!

#262 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2508 posts) -

Does the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed IV look and play well?

I remember playing Assassin's Creed 2 on PC and the distant textures looked so bad it really took me out of that game. Afraid there might be something similar here.

#263 Edited by Omudokolo (6 posts) -

Hey, my internet is kinda unreliable and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some good Offline Multiplayer Games/Coop games.

#264 Edited by koolyoe (138 posts) -

Hey, my internet is kinda unreliable and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some good Offline Multiplayer Games/Coop games.

Possibly Borderlands 2. And it's free this month if you have PS+

#265 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I'm trading in a couple of games this afternoon and I'm stuck between Puppeteer and Ni No Kuni. Both are £15.

I love platform games but was never really a massive fan of LBP. I'm also a big fan of RPGs but really only western ones oh and I hate Pokemon.

Recommendations?

#266 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

shouldn't there be a PS4 thread for this?

#267 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I could make one up, just the PS4 has a very limited selection right now.

#268 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I could make one up, just the PS4 has a very limited selection right now.

True, but there should be one. Resogun and AC IV are worth getting on that console

#269 Edited by BranKetra (47760 posts) -

@omudokolo said:

Hey, my internet is kinda unreliable and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some good Offline Multiplayer Games/Coop games.

I recommend fighting games. Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom 3 are good. Fight Night Round 4 is alright.

#270 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

#271 Edited by HowlingLotus (387 posts) -

Got lucky earlier and picked up the last 500GB The Last Of Us bundle on my way home. Then proceeded to download a few of the PS+ games and will try them all out tomorrow. Really looking forward to The Last Of Us.

The games listed on the first page go into detail and I was able to make a pretty good list of games I will be on the look for as I have some major catching up to do (all those bundle/collection packs are looking really great).

Any suggestions for some hidden gems not mentioned? I realize their are quite a few obscure/bizarre import games, but I don't know any languages beyond English so that probably doesn't help.

Also I only have my computer monitor right now and it's going to be a pain to constantly unplug the HDMI cable from my PC to reach my PS3. Yesterday I added a few PS3 games from PS+ to my cart through Sony's website and they showed up in my download queue. Is this enough to guarantee the game? I plan on buying most, but it would be nice to just add the games to the cart sometimes and download when I have a chance.

Thanks.

#272 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1572 posts) -

I think I'm going to get that Just Dance game.

Are there any other games out right now that work well with PS4 camera while giving you a good exercise?

#273 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

#274 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

Hmm, but many games are cross gen atm, so why not?

#275 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

Hmm, but many games are cross gen atm, so why not?

I think the thread is too long as it is, would be hard to shuffle through just for the PS4 games.

#276 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@NoirLamia777: perhaps, someone should either go to metacritic or recomend games from reviews here i would suggest that's a good start

#277 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@NoirLamia777: perhaps, someone should either go to metacritic or recomend games from reviews here i would suggest that's a good start

Yeah, I will make a thread I'm going to grab photoshop though so it might be a couple days. I'll lay it out much different than this thread with reviews from multiple sites.

#278 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@NoirLamia777: perhaps, someone should either go to metacritic or recomend games from reviews here i would suggest that's a good start

Yeah, I will make a thread I'm going to grab photoshop though so it might be a couple days. I'll lay it out much different than this thread with reviews from multiple sites.

That would be better i think. GIMP is limited and that's the only thing i got

#279 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25523 posts) -

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

#280 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

i liked DA 2

#281 Edited by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

It's probably the best games to be a mage in.

#282 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

Lol, there is only like 3-4 games that are worth buying on the ps4 right now anyways.

#283 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

It's probably the best games to be a mage in.

The combat is great, there was just some things holding it back

#284 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10124 posts) -

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

How much are they, exactly? Same price?

#286 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

It's probably the best games to be a mage in.

The combat is great, there was just some things holding it back

I hate how they got rid of your character from #1, and re used most the environments.

#287 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

It's probably the best games to be a mage in.

The combat is great, there was just some things holding it back

I hate how they got rid of your character from #1, and re used most the environments.

That's what irrated me aswell, but the combat was fun

#288 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Hey all I am working on a PS4 game thread, I feel it's easier to get it up and rolling with the current games than to try and make one a year or two from now. This way I can just update it with each games release. Any suggestions, let me hear 'em.

#289 Edited by Torres_ (59 posts) -

I wish there were more strategy and proper jrpg/srpg games for PS3. I'ts a shame that most games treat you like a child or a drooling braindead. Even games with mature ratings hold your hand so you wouldn't have to bother your melting brain.

I'm interested in Ni No Kuni but that battle system has kept me from buying it. Everything about it looks and sounds like it was made for kids. Why can't there be a single rpg with a proper classic turn-based battles and not that "active" garbage or whatever they wanna call it. I guess I'll have to get FFX HD.. Or just get back to playing with PC or older FF games and Tactics Ogre on my PSP. But PS3 is my favorite platform and I just wish there were more brain-challenging titles out there.

#290 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Quick question: What time of day is the U.S. store updated for the PS+ games? Just curious. Couldn't find the time on the PS Blog.

#291 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:

Quick question: What time of day is the U.S. store updated for the PS+ games? Just curious. Couldn't find the time on the PS Blog.

Not entirely sure but I usually find mine around 8pm EST.

#292 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:

Quick question: What time of day is the U.S. store updated for the PS+ games? Just curious. Couldn't find the time on the PS Blog.

Not entirely sure but I usually find mine around 8pm EST.

Thanks for the response. I don't know when it's available/updated. But in my expereince it's usually well after 9am EST, by then I'm gone for work and it's not updated.

#293 Edited by rassreed (6 posts) -

oh this is cool I got a PSN code from a card and surprisingly it worked! It's totally free too! http://freepsnforever.com - See more at: http://freepsnforever.com/#sthash.Qu52I9dT.dpuf

#294 Posted by SoulCane (18 posts) -

l'm thinking about picking up the cod of war collection later on.

#295 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

@soulcane said:

l'm thinking about picking up the cod of war collection later on.

Definitely a great value, the only game missing from it is Ascension.

#296 Edited by Rookerman (22 posts) -

You know, I'll skip the games everyone probably said. But Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a good game. If you get two player COOP action. It's even better.

#297 Edited by NerubianWeaver (2046 posts) -

What are the most active multiplayer games? It can't only be Battlefield and COD?

#298 Posted by Dragonslaterz (6 posts) -

I'm happy now lol this site just gave me a PSN code from a card and I can't believe it actually worked! Got it at http://freepsnforever.com

- See more at: http://freepsnforever.com/#sthash.YxctJCPH.LAbgwf54.dpuf