Playstation 3 Video Game Recommendation Thread

#1 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Welcome to the Playstation 3 Game Recommendation Thread! Below you find amazing games, there is a big variety for people with any type of preference in gaming. If you have any questsion about certain games please ask it here. Keep all recommended game discussion in this thread. This thread is best viewed on the Gamespot dark background.

Table of Contents

1. Playstation Exclusives
  2. Action/Adventures
  3. First-Person Shooters
  4. Role-Playing Games
  5. Fighters
  6. Horrors
  7. Racing
  8. Strategy
  9. Platformers
  10. Sports
  11. Music/Dance
  12. HD Collections
  13. PSN Games
  14. Upcoming Games

#2 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

*Reserved*

#3 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Action/Adventure

ActionAdventure1.jpg

ActionAdventure2.jpg

ActionAdventure10_zpsd5416d98.jpg

ActionAdventure3.jpg

ActionAdventure9_zps783893b7.jpg

ActionAdventure4.jpg

ActionAdventure6-2_zpsc93456d0.jpg

ActionAdventure5-1.jpg

ActionAdventure7.jpg

ActionAdventure8.jpg

#4 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

First-Person Shooters

fpsspread1-1.jpg

fpsspread2-1.jpg

fpsspread3-1.jpg

FPSSpread3_zpse4c6d357.jpg

#5 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Role-Playing Games

rpgspread1-1.jpg

RPGSpread2_zpsc9084116.jpg

rpgspread3-1.jpg

rpgspread4-1.jpg

rpgspread5-1.jpg

#6 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Fighters

FightingSpreads1.jpg

fighterspread2-1.jpg

Fighterspread3_zpscbc44c68.jpg

#7 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Horror

horrorspread1-1.jpg

horrorspread2-2_zpsc3d66d92.jpg

horrorspread3-1.jpg

#8 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Driving/Racing

racingspread1-1.jpg

racingspread2-1.jpg

racingspread3.jpg

#9 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Strategy

strategyspread1-3.jpg

#10 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Platformers

platformers1.jpg

platformers2.jpg

d2e7983f-20be-447a-bb7f-611aaf14c6a3_zps

#11 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Sports

sports1.jpg

sports2-1_zps1f99c718.jpg

#12 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Music/Dance

music1.jpg

music2.jpg

#13 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

HD Collections

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

collection3.jpg

#14 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Reserved

#15 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Upcoming Games

upcoming-1_zpse6691ad4.jpg

#16 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Reserved

#17 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

I can't wait til those reserved spots are all filled.

#18 Posted by Blabadon (25629 posts) -
I'll PM you with some tips but otherwise really good job.
#19 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

I'll PM you with some tips but otherwise really good job. Blabadon

Thanks I would appreciate it.

Done updating for the night, will finish tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys it :)

#20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
great thread.
#21 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

Wow, I played many of those games. Great job again!!

#22 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Almost done, just have to get a PSN list together and upcoming games. Maybe I'll add an accessories section as well. Any suggestions anyone?

#23 Posted by Terrencec06 (3440 posts) -

Looks good.

#24 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Persona 4: Arena got an 8 on PS3.
#25 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Looks good.

Terrencec06

Thanks!

#26 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Persona 4: Arena got an 8 on PS3.MethodManFTW

Okay thanks for letting me know I'll change it, must have looked at the wrong review.

#27 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Persona 4: Arena got an 8 on PS3.NoirLamia777

Okay thanks for letting me know I'll change it, must have looked at the wrong review.

s Also, Far Cry 2 got 8.5 and Just Cause 2 only got 8.
#28 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Persona 4: Arena got an 8 on PS3.RageQuitter69

s Also, Far Cry 2 got 8.5 and Just Cause 2 only got 8.

Thanks, will change 'em.

#29 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Mistakes pointed out have been fixed, also added Dishonored and XCOM!

#30 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69602 posts) -
thank you! And stickied too! Finally!
#31 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

thank you! And stickied too! Finally!The_Last_Ride

Haha yeah, I was so excited it got stickied :)

#32 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Could be more selective with the list, but good work.

#33 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Gxgear

Oh, is there some on there that shouldn't be included? I tried to stay open and cover all spots, let me know. I want this thread to look very nice.

#34 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

NoirLamia777

Oh, is there some on there that shouldn't be included? I tried to stay open and cover all spots, let me know. I want this thread to look very nice.

Depends, what's your goal for creating a list like this? Is it to provide a buyer's guide, or just list every good game? I'm seeing things that could be on there but not if you're going for one big to-buy list, or things that are more niche and wouldn't be recommendeded for all (Cathrine, for one), to scarcity of titles (RB3, Tomb Raider Trilogy).

#35 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

Depends, what's your goal for creating a list like this? Is it to provide a buyer's guide, or just list every good game? I'm seeing things that could be on there but not if you're going for one big to-buy list, or things that are more niche and wouldn't be recommendeded for all (Cathrine, for one), to scarcity of titles (RB3, Tomb Raider Trilogy).

Basically just a list showcasing what "decent" games the PS3 has to offer, I felt like it had to encompass both people who are brand new to the PS3, whether or not they have another console, and people who are just looking for more games without having to create their own threads. I've never played Catherine, I will eventually, and I know it's not a game for everybody. I don't think I should limit the games though to a specific crowd.

I'll probably make a section at the beginning of each genre that outlines the "Must Haves" of that genre. Then continue after that with lesser games and niche games that "may interest you if you enjoyed..."

#36 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69602 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]thank you! And stickied too! Finally!NoirLamia777

There should also be another sticky where they have news about PS3 exclusives
#37 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]thank you! And stickied too! Finally!The_Last_Ride

I'll be adding the upcoming game section with news about new exclusives if that's what you mean :)

#38 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69602 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

NoirLamia777

I'll be adding the upcoming game section with news about new exclusives if that's what you mean :)

well if you do that, it would be awesome
#39 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

NoirLamia777

Basically just a list showcasing what "decent" games the PS3 has to offer, I felt like it had to encompass both people who are brand new to the PS3, whether or not they have another console, and people who are just looking for more games without having to create their own threads. I've never played Catherine, I will eventually, and I know it's not a game for everybody. I don't think I should limit the games though to a specific crowd.

I'll probably make a section at the beginning of each genre that outlines the "Must Haves" of that genre. Then continue after that with lesser games and niche games that "may interest you if you enjoyed..."

Another one, olders games with dead online community.
#40 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Another one, olders games with dead online community.Gxgear

Okay, I could probably put that in the Bad section of the game. What games in specific no longer have an online presence that you would address?

#41 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

I know that you are basing this of Gamespot's reviews and scores but don't you think that the recommendations of Mass Effect 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are misleading?

#42 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

I know that you are basing this of Gamespot's reviews and scores but don't you think that the recommendations of Mass Effect 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are misleading?

RageQuitter69

Not really sure what you mean? I also used Gamespot's reviews to unify everything, we are on Gamespot afterall :)

#43 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

NoirLamia777

Not really sure what you mean? I also used Gamespot's reviews to unify everything, we are on Gamespot afterall :)

I know your using Gamespot's reviews, what I was saying is that why don't you use some of your own knowledge to make the thread better, I'm not saying you can't recommend Mass Effect 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4, just tell the truth about them.
#44 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

RageQuitter69

I know your using Gamespot's reviews, what I was saying is that why don't you use some of your own knowledge to make the thread better, I'm not saying you can't recommend Mass Effect 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4, just tell the truth about them.

I could, I have played both games, MGS4 a very long time ago though. Although a lot of people would agree with these reviews.

#45 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

RageQuitter69

Just tell the truth about them. lol, reviews are subjective. every. review. is. subjective.
#46 Posted by JamesThePrince (3 posts) -
#47 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2120 posts) -

Excellent thread my friend ^_^

PSN Gamercards

JamesThePrince

Thank you! :)

#48 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

NoirLamia777

I could, I have played both games, MGS4 a very long time ago though. Although a lot of people would agree with these reviews.

I know a lot of people will agree with the reviews but I also know that anyone with half a brain would know that Metal Gear Solid 4 does NOT have a 'a brilliant mixture of storytelling and gameplay', in fact it's the worst mixture of storytelling and gameplay ever in a game. And using the words shooting and level design in the good section for Mass Effect 2 is just wrong.
#49 Posted by Blabadon (25629 posts) -
[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I know your using Gamespot's reviews, what I was saying is that why don't you use some of your own knowledge to make the thread better, I'm not saying you can't recommend Mass Effect 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4, just tell the truth about them.RageQuitter69

I know a lot of people will agree with the reviews but I also know that anyone with half a brain would know that Metal Gear Solid 4 does NOT have a 'a brilliant mixture of storytelling and gameplay', in fact it's the worst mixture of storytelling and gameplay ever in a game. And using the words shooting and level design in the good section for Mass Effect 2 is just wrong.

Then you don't have to recommend it. NoirLama took that from the GameSpot review. This thread is also for people who want to know what to buy, not just those who want to look at GameSpot's reviews condensed in one place.
#50 Posted by DoctorWho88 (280 posts) -

Catherine? Really? I'm pretty sure it's a puzzle game O_o