TheKnightofcaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheKnightofcaos
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

I just wan't to know what are the normal fan speeds for the PS3 Super Slim, I have the 500gb GTA V bundle and it was ok in the winter, but right now in spring and summer the fan seems to get high, level 4 fan speed as I've noticed. The fan beats while playing an hour or more (depending on the hour of the day, something around 3-4 hours of gaming in the morning and 1-2 in the afternoon), I don't think it's do to ambient temperature do to it being around 29ºC or 84ºF, a quite standard temperature. The fan noise ain't that notable when gaming due to the games sound but when I mute the TV it does sound quite high and unusual, I place it over an open table with no other objects around it, and I really wouldn't like to replace it 'cuz I have no warranty due to buying it foreign. Also, I never get a overheating message or something similar. PS3 seems the same only fan sounds louder. After the speed up I quit the game instantly and fan goes normal to a level 2 speed after about 2-4 minutes of quitting the game, this only happens while gaming and the system functions normally on all other media.

Avatar image for theknightofcaos
TheKnightofcaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheKnightofcaos

Here are some videos, althought the recording from my cellphone makes the sound much louder than it is.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I absolutely hate the super slims, they are too loud. The regular slims are ALOT quieter. The ps4 is very quiet, once the system is done reading and or installing the game it's silent.

TheKnightofcaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheKnightofcaos

@ps4hasnogames: But is it a normal sound, I now get it at an hour of gaming both morning and noon, the ambient temperature is quite higher but still around 29ºC well acording to weather forecast, I have no way of measuring it myself. And I don't know the temperature in which super slims should be played on, the manual says nothing, it only mentions high temperature but doesn't say what degrees count as high for the console. Also I don't get any overheating message or blinking red light it's all normal, but I haven't tried either playing with the loud fan it just paranoides me.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@theknightofcaos said:

@ps4hasnogames: But is it a normal sound, I now get it at an hour of gaming both morning and noon, the ambient temperature is quite higher but still around 29ºC well acording to weather forecast, I have no way of measuring it myself. And I don't know the temperature in which super slims should be played on, the manual says nothing, it only mentions high temperature but doesn't say what degrees count as high for the console. Also I don't get any overheating message or blinking red light it's all normal, but I haven't tried either playing with the loud fan it just paranoides me.

the super slims are known to be noisy, its normal. the regular slims are the best ps3 systems in my opinion, they are quiet and built like a tank. I dropped mine off a 5 foot shelf and nothing happened the game was still playing lol.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

I have a 500gb super slim, and barely hear the fan at all! I've had it on constantly for 24hrs+ whilst downloading stuff, and then played for a while and never had a problem with the fan noise.

TheKnightofcaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheKnightofcaos

@rgallard: My ps3 was like that untill it hit summer, which is quite a hot time where I live, strangely other appliance work fine.