Playing PS3 on a laptop screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hawkman21 (295 posts) -
ok, so i'm getting my PS3 in june with the MGS4 bundle, but i was just wondering if there was a way to play on my laptop's screen. the screen is high def. and i was figuring that would be an awesome choice to play on. now, my laptop has a port for what looks like a monitor (resembles the port that a monitor would plug in to on the back of a PC) and then one for S-Video. now, i'm not sure if these ports are for input or output, but, is there any way to pull off what I'm talking about here?
#2 Posted by P08C (729 posts) -
didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be cool
#3 Posted by trace_thoma (82 posts) -
Its not possible to use your laptop monitor for anything other than the laptop itself as far as i know.
#4 Posted by anti-xbox (772 posts) -
those are video outputs. used for projectors, ect.
#5 Posted by paul52181 (1051 posts) -
Yea, I don't think you can project an image from your PS3 to the laptop screen. Like the guy above said, that is a video "out" port, meaning that it will only project the image coming from the laptop to anothe device like a projector or an external LCD or CRT monitor. It will not act as a video "in" port.
#6 Posted by jacksheets (1747 posts) -
No, you can't. The video ports on your laptop are outputs, not inputs. Computer monitor yes, laptop screen, no.
#7 Posted by Akush47 (1611 posts) -

didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolP08C

lmao you sure burn him out..... now we know his a liar!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by maddogg74 (212 posts) -
you can you lots of progams like dazzle, easycap video capture I use easycap video capture I mainly use it for recording old vhs to dvds but it works for playing the ps3 on a computer or laptop screen I got mine off ebay for $26 including shipping or you can get it off amazon for $30 or $40
#9 Posted by P08C (729 posts) -

[QUOTE="P08C"]didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolAkush47

is that sarcasm? because i really don't care

#10 Posted by WongB (1701 posts) -
Laptops don't have video inputs. They all just output, meaning they send not receive audio/video signals.

No chance of that happening.
#11 Posted by Hawkman21 (295 posts) -

[QUOTE="P08C"]didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolAkush47

well thanks for the burn, but if you really are reading my posts religiously, then you would know that I'm waiting for the MGS4 bundle pack. if you're going to bother stalking someone, at least do it well.

anyways, thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it.