Playing PS3 on a laptop screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hawkman21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Hawkman21
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts
ok, so i'm getting my PS3 in june with the MGS4 bundle, but i was just wondering if there was a way to play on my laptop's screen. the screen is high def. and i was figuring that would be an awesome choice to play on. now, my laptop has a port for what looks like a monitor (resembles the port that a monitor would plug in to on the back of a PC) and then one for S-Video. now, i'm not sure if these ports are for input or output, but, is there any way to pull off what I'm talking about here?
P08C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 P08C
Member since 2008 • 729 Posts
didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be cool
trace_thoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 trace_thoma
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Its not possible to use your laptop monitor for anything other than the laptop itself as far as i know.
anti-xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anti-xbox
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts
those are video outputs. used for projectors, ect.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
Yea, I don't think you can project an image from your PS3 to the laptop screen. Like the guy above said, that is a video "out" port, meaning that it will only project the image coming from the laptop to anothe device like a projector or an external LCD or CRT monitor. It will not act as a video "in" port.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
No, you can't. The video ports on your laptop are outputs, not inputs. Computer monitor yes, laptop screen, no.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts

didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolP08C

lmao you sure burn him out..... now we know his a liar!!!!!!!!!!!

maddogg74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 maddogg74
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
you can you lots of progams like dazzle, easycap video capture I use easycap video capture I mainly use it for recording old vhs to dvds but it works for playing the ps3 on a computer or laptop screen I got mine off ebay for $26 including shipping or you can get it off amazon for $30 or $40
P08C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 P08C
Member since 2008 • 729 Posts

[QUOTE="P08C"]didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolAkush47

is that sarcasm? because i really don't care

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
Laptops don't have video inputs. They all just output, meaning they send not receive audio/video signals.

No chance of that happening.
Hawkman21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Hawkman21
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts

[QUOTE="P08C"]didn't you say in an earlier post that you already had a ps3 that you got like a week or 2 ago........oh well it doesn' matter......i would like to know the same cause that would be coolAkush47

well thanks for the burn, but if you really are reading my posts religiously, then you would know that I'm waiting for the MGS4 bundle pack. if you're going to bother stalking someone, at least do it well.

anyways, thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it.