Pick up NBA2K14 or Fifa 14 for launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SpiderLuke (477 posts) -

I'm thinking of picking up a sports game. I've been buying one or two Fifa games almost every console now. I haven't played a 2K bball game since the Dreamcast days.

As you could probably tell, I've been a fan of Fifa games for a while. They don't really change all that much, though.

NBA2K14 looks pretty sweet, and maybe it would be a fresh new experience.

If you had to choose only one, would you get Fifa 14 or NBA2K14 at launch?

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2518 posts) -

Fifa for me since Im a huge fifa fan and buy it every year. Yeah it doesn't change much and im fine with that. Getting mine on ps4 day 1.

Do you like basketball or soccer more?

#3 Edited by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

Im more of a basketball fan but i know that nba 2k14 was built from grown up (not a port over) so it is going to visually awesome. Probably best looking sports game this year

#4 Posted by NYSea (14 posts) -

This is tough for me, since I'm really just a sucker for sports games. Madden, NHL, FIFA, NBA, the Show... I get them all every year. If I had to pick one, I would probably pick 2K since like juke said, it's going to actually look next gen. FIFA honestly did a few things visually, but you can tell it's essentially a port. If you only have the money for one or just don't want to buy both I'd buy 2K so you can show people what next gen games look like right out of the gate and then tell them "It only gets better from here".

#5 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9937 posts) -

It always comes down to gameplay for me and from videos it looks like the gameplay for both 2k14 and Fifa is largely the same to their current-gen offerings this year. Graphics a cool and all but I would pick the one with the gameplay you enjoy more.

#6 Posted by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

I've been battling this decision myself, and I think that i'll be getting NBA 2K14 first. Even though eventually, i'll be getting both.

#7 Edited by dipdish (863 posts) -

I'm thinking of picking up a sports game. I've been buying one or two Fifa games almost every console now. I haven't played a 2K bball game since the Dreamcast days.

As you could probably tell, I've been a fan of Fifa games for a while. They don't really change all that much, though.

NBA2K14 looks pretty sweet, and maybe it would be a fresh new experience.

If you had to choose only one, would you get Fifa 14 or NBA2K14 at launch?

Well, FIFA 14 looks stunning on PS4.

And, there were some AI issues in FIFA 13, and the gameplay was not flawless, so it's high time we got rid of these problems. = )

#8 Posted by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

FIFA 14 does look stunning and so does NBA 2K14. The only problem here is which game, while both visually stunning, has the better gameplay experience.

#9 Posted by CTR360 (6979 posts) -

NBA 2K14

#10 Edited by ewalthour (650 posts) -

To justify purchasing a new system I am going with what is built from ground up even if both fifa and nba 2k gameplay is identical to current gen. You can buy fifa now on current gen and if u haven't played a b ball game since dreamcast then its a no brainer. Even if u prefer fifa over b ball I picking b ball.

#11 Edited by SpiderLuke (477 posts) -

Shit. Watch me get both. Too much moneda!! lol

#12 Posted by DFray919 (4 posts) -

1st I was trying to decide on Assassins Creed BF or a sports title. choose a sports title. This is my choice now too. NBA2K14 or Fifa14?!? im lending to NBA2k14.