PG4 Vita's best game??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -
Guys I am a newer Vita owner and I have to say that PG4 all by itself has made me feel like the Vita was a worthy purchase. The story and combat are top notch in my opinion. My question to you fellow Vita owners is what other games like PG4 exist on the Vita currently? What is coming in the future?
#2 Posted by Byshop (11648 posts) -

Guys I am a newer Vita owner and I have to say that PG4 all by itself has made me feel like the Vita was a worthy purchase. The story and combat are top notch in my opinion. My question to you fellow Vita owners is what other games like PG4 exist on the Vita currently? What is coming in the future?ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Best game is a bit of a loaded question since there are games in different genres, some people don't like RPGs, etc.

For my tastes, yeah, it's probably my favorite Vita game.

-Byshop

#3 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
As far as I've seen, Persona 4 is pretty unique as an RPG. There aren't many others that alternate between dungeon-crawling and social gameplay. As far as RPGs in general, the only Vita-native RPG that comes to mind is the SRPG Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention.
#4 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -
To each their own. I'd vote for Gravity Rush or AC:L.
#5 Posted by lilnazar (1614 posts) -

Well Persona 4 The Golden keeps me busy a lot. It's very addicting. So i guess it's the best Vita game Atm :D

And this is my first time playing RPG's.

#6 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD is the best game I've played on the Vita so far. It's got no similarity to Persona, though.
#7 Posted by Blabadon (26639 posts) -
Best game I've played on the Vita was Gravity Rush (haven't played P4G). That game was seriously fun.
#8 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

So far I only own and have played Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush and Cod. Persona 4 Golden is great but Gravity Rush is so unique and really enjoyable that I have to go with that as the best game thus on the vita.

#9 Posted by Sokol4ever (6305 posts) -

I have to second Persona 4 Golden is remarkable. I'm playing through Persona 3 FES right now and I really wish we see Persona 5 one day. Such a phenomenal series. :)

#10 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Good question, and I think each genre currently has its own best game.  I have just gotten into Persona and am liking it so far.  However, I also am into AC:L and Uncharted (I most definitely a fan of the series, and this has not disappointed), and Gravity Rush as everyone else has said is very good, and has a nice bit of humor to it.

In the future I'm hoping Soul Sacrifice and KZ will help boost the Vita, as well as Tearaway.

#11 Posted by Hanzoadam (6576 posts) -

I'd say yes well its a draw with virtues last reward. Project diva f and Gravity rush are great too

#12 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

Never played a Persona game before, was in a bit of a slump slitghtly regreting my Vita purchase but PG4 made me feel like it was worthy again (And Killzone, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice), a really awesome game but I couldn't recomend it to just anyone.

#13 Posted by Malta_1980 (11404 posts) -

Its definately one of the best games on PSV.

currently my favorite game, however there are other exclusives like Gravity Rush, Uncharted & Assassins Creed along the Sony 'exclusives' like Wipeout, LBP & PSABR...

#14 Posted by Byshop (11648 posts) -

I'm surprised to see so many votes for Gravity Rush. I hadn't heard much about this game before I saw it in stores and the box description was minimal at best so I didn't think much more about it. Now, looking at gameplay videos, it looks pretty interesting. I may have to check it out.

-Byshop

#15 Posted by Hanzoadam (6576 posts) -

I'm surprised to see so many votes for Gravity Rush. I hadn't heard much about this game before I saw it in stores and the box description was minimal at best so I didn't think much more about it. Now, looking at gameplay videos, it looks pretty interesting. I may have to check it out.

-Byshop

Byshop
It was my favourite game on the vita till virtues last reward and P4 came out Disgaea 3 is also a great game
#16 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

persona 4, virtues reward, mortal kombat , street fighter tekken , assassinc creed 3 , cant decide what i like more

#17 Posted by The_Golden_Age- (145 posts) -

I'm not sure that I'd rate this the Vita's best game but nobody else has mentioned it so I'm recommending Sound Shapes. It's literally the best 2D platformer that I've played since the first Rayman. It's brilliant. You really won't "get it" until you play it and the more you play it the better it gets. It's incredibly addictive and it always has new content thanks to the community levels. This isn't like LBP either where most of the User Generated Content is terrible. I think you'll find that the overall quality of levels is surprisingly great (of course not all are). More people should give it a shot.

#18 Posted by Byshop (11648 posts) -

It was my favourite game on the vita till virtues last reward and P4 came out Disgaea 3 is also a great game Hanzoadam

That's good to know. I'm also happy to see that most of the people who are recommending it are also fans of Disgea 3 and P4. Virtue's Last Reward also looked pretty interesting.

-Byshop

#19 Posted by bbkkristian (14956 posts) -

Project diva f and Gravity rush are great too

Hanzoadam
Isn't Project Diva Japan only? P.S what kind of game is Project Diva?
#20 Posted by Hanzoadam (6576 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hanzoadam"]

Project diva f and Gravity rush are great too

bbkkristian
Isn't Project Diva Japan only? P.S what kind of game is Project Diva?

The ps vita like the psp and ps3 aren't region locked so you can import games. Project diva f is a really cool vocaloid rhythm game There's some great sites like amiami that import them at great prices I'm also importing Senran Kagura later this month which I am quite hyped for
#21 Posted by QQabitmoar (1969 posts) -

So many waifus...although the gameplay becomes bland after the first playthrough, with NG+ you're just too overpowerd, and with a clean ng I just can't be bothered to grind like I used to again.

Then there's Disgaea 3. It never ends. Thought Persona with it's 80+ hours on the first playthrough was a long game? In D3, the 40 hour main story is just practice for what comes next, god damnit it just never ends.

I'd say it's between these two for the best vita game for me, one of them hodling tons of gameplay and emotions, while the other one holding never ending, very deep and strategical gameplay.

#22 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

I don't own Vita but I am a big Disgaea fan. Heard Disgaea 3 for Vita is awesome and better than the PS3 version

#23 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (9997 posts) -
It's one of the best games out there. I'm on NG+ and have put in over a 100 hours into it.
#24 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
I still have no clue what that game is about, so I went with LBP instead as my first game. I only had enough for another $20 game so no PSG4, I went with Lego batman....bad choice. :/