people are forgetting (long read)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 suntansoopaman
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
i have been in these forums for a while now learning the ropes and getting a few posts and few friends under my belt before i create a thread, well now this is my first thread, and it is not a flame bait, to bring trolls or anyhing, it is just and analysis and my 2 cents on thee ps3 and i hope that people could correct me and contribute aswell.

ive been mainly on the ps3 forum because i want a ps3 and ive heard stories about the system wars, well today i went to the system wars and im back still intact, but the level of ignorance in that place, and the hatred towards the ps3 is crazy, how the ps3 is a flop etc etc, how is sucks etc etc, it has no game etc etc, POS3 BS3 bla blah blah, in my honest opinion calling the ps3 a flop when is has been out for nearly 4 months and in only 4-6 countries and has sold over 1.5 million, thats good considering its out in 10% of the world,

sony does have a habitt of screwing up launches, but pick themselves up after a while ps1 and ps2 for example yes the bull*h*t alot but who does'nt hype themselves/ product.

moving on to the main part now, the playstation has many many great brands and quality ips, from god of war, SOTC, jak, MGS, ractchet dmc, ff, the list goes on and on, but one game everyone seems to be forgetting is the ps1 and ps2 biggest selling game, a game that has had 10 sequals and countless copycats this game im talking about is none other than:

gran turismo: the real driving simulator

now soem people are going on are you serious, that game sucks forza is better project gotham is better, well let me inform you, the first gran turismo got a 96% metacritic score average and sold 10.5 million copies link, which is really high, especially for a driving game, the next one got a 93 % average and sold 8.5 million copies link so thats two games on one console selling 20 million out of 102.49 million that the ps1 sold, so if we use maths, that means one in 5 ps1 owners has bought either gt1 or 2 or has them both.

now for the ps2, gran turismo 3 was the best selling game on the ps2 until gta vice city came out, it sold over 14.36  mllion the best in all the 3 installments of the game link .

gt 4 was not the best of the series but still great nevertheless i do not have any information on the amount sold and its average score.

in conclusion to this, this shows how important the gt series is to ps, so in 2008 when gt5/ vision gt comes out, is that when the ps3 will stop being bashed, becuase in 08 theres the much anticipated price drop

so gt5+price drop= ps3 first place, who knows if history repeats its self then i will be

thank you for reading and please contribute :wink:

whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
How has this game had 10 sequels, they only have developed up to GT4, 4 is not ten and neither is 5, 10 is ten.
daw911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 daw911
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm in the uk so i don't own a ps3 yet! :(
But I cannot wait! and i agree about the GT series! i was so annoyed when they scrapped the development of GTHD.
I've heard you can download it from the ps store! which wll be great :)
I probably can't afford one for the release time, but hopefully it shouldn't take me TOO long to save!
daw911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daw911
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm in the uk so i don't own a ps3 yet! :(
But I cannot wait! and i agree about the GT series! i was so annoyed when they scrapped the development of GTHD.
I've heard you can download it from the ps store! which wll be great :)
I probably can't afford one for the release time, but hopefully it shouldn't take me TOO long to save!
dark_knight72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dark_knight72
Member since 2003 • 390 Posts
Man i 100% totaly agree with you!, i don't even go to system wars anymore because all you encounter are ps3 haters.but i know the PS3 is far from dead,once they start bringing consoles out to other countries sony should start picking up steam in the next-gen battle.:wink:
Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
Lol i tried going into system wars once and its crazy. also i probably wouldnt be a great candidate since i mostly post on the ps3 board XD
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whitey6
Lol i tried going into system wars once and its crazy. also i probably wouldnt be a great candidate since i mostly post on the ps3 board XDTakiwara
Lol I went on system wars once when I was new to the forums, I thought it was basically a free for all so I posts a topic that say "Xbox 360 Sucks" with big green lettering inside that was shouting "Xbox 360 Sucks" in the most obnoxious way ever. Needless to say, wasn't long before I was moderated lol.
lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
I'll agree with you on numerous points in your post.  First off I don't bother reading the system wars forum because it's full of ignorance.  I agree it gets very old listening to people talk down about one system or another but nothing is going to change this.  Personally I just love video games, whether it be on my cell phone, an old school Atari, a dream about the commodore 64, sega, nes, snes, dreamcast... the list goes on and on.  The fact is that games wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for all of these companies combined efforts to better the industry and put out decent games.  I play a game because it looks fun and will give me enjoyment, some people play a certain game strictly because it's only on a certain system.  To each their own.

GT is definately one of the defining games for the Playstation consoles.  It was a revolutionary racing game. 

I also agree that the playstation 3 will probably not receive much praise until the end of this year but does it really deserve much praise right now?  You could argue this all day long but at the end of the day you'd just be out of breath.  Now days no system is expected to come out and be the best at launch.  It takes time for developers to develope games and release them.  Once the ps3 game library builds up it will definately get a little bit more respect.  Then the next greatest console will hit the market and people can bash that.  I didn't buy the ps3 for the games that are out now.  I bought the ps3 as an investment for the future.  So that I can enjoy the anticipation of researching games and waiting for that next great game to be released.

lengthy read but nice first post.
Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
I'll agree with you on numerous points in your post. First off I don't bother reading the system wars forum because it's full of ignorance. I agree it gets very old listening to people talk down about one system or another but nothing is going to change this. Personally I just love video games, whether it be on my cell phone, an old school Atari, a dream about the commodore 64, sega, nes, snes, dreamcast... the list goes on and on. The fact is that games wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for all of these companies combined efforts to better the industry and put out decent games. I play a game because it looks fun and will give me enjoyment, some people play a certain game strictly because it's only on a certain system. To each their own.

GT is definately one of the defining games for the Playstation consoles. It was a revolutionary racing game.

I also agree that the playstation 3 will probably not receive much praise until the end of this year but does it really deserve much praise right now? You could argue this all day long but at the end of the day you'd just be out of breath. Now days no system is expected to come out and be the best at launch. It takes time for developers to develope games and release them. Once the ps3 game library builds up it will definately get a little bit more respect. Then the next greatest console will hit the market and people can bash that. I didn't buy the ps3 for the games that are out now. I bought the ps3 as an investment for the future. So that I can enjoy the anticipation of researching games and waiting for that next great game to be released.

lokestar
You're an ideal waiter. Some people on this board claim that they bought the ps3 for the future but then whine at an utmost degree. I know i bought it for the future but fight night 3 resistance and some ps2 titles that i picked up to expand my library are definitely keeping me sane :D.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whitey6
I'll agree with you on numerous points in your post. First off I don't bother reading the system wars forum because it's full of ignorance. I agree it gets very old listening to people talk down about one system or another but nothing is going to change this. Personally I just love video games, whether it be on my cell phone, an old school Atari, a dream about the commodore 64, sega, nes, snes, dreamcast... the list goes on and on. The fact is that games wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for all of these companies combined efforts to better the industry and put out decent games. I play a game because it looks fun and will give me enjoyment, some people play a certain game strictly because it's only on a certain system. To each their own.

GT is definately one of the defining games for the Playstation consoles. It was a revolutionary racing game.

I also agree that the playstation 3 will probably not receive much praise until the end of this year but does it really deserve much praise right now? You could argue this all day long but at the end of the day you'd just be out of breath. Now days no system is expected to come out and be the best at launch. It takes time for developers to develope games and release them. Once the ps3 game library builds up it will definately get a little bit more respect. Then the next greatest console will hit the market and people can bash that. I didn't buy the ps3 for the games that are out now. I bought the ps3 as an investment for the future. So that I can enjoy the anticipation of researching games and waiting for that next great game to be released.

lokestar
I agree, PS3 is really.... horrible right now, but come time March, it will be better.
lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
I don't think it's horrible right now.  I just think it'll be better at the end of the year.  I've got 4 games, and a couple downloaded ones on the ps3 and I enjoy them all.  I'm more than happy with it right now.
suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 suntansoopaman
How has this game had 10 sequels, they only have developed up to GT4, 4 is not ten and neither is 5, 10 is ten.whitey6

oopps my bad, their is 10 i just did not post the extra ones , i was ment to say 10 sequels and spin offs the link where they say ten spin offs and sequels and link if you want to see them
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
i only played one GT...and I dont remember which system it was or which GT. but i remember it being...realistic..or something. i think it would be cool to bring it back. nice post btw.
suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 suntansoopaman
Man i 100% totaly agree with you!, i don't even go to system wars anymore because all you encounter are ps3 haters.but i know the PS3 is far from dead,once they start bringing consoles out to other countries sony should start picking up steam in the next-gen battle.:wink: dark_knight72

thank you for agreeing, i was going to post this in system wars but i thought better since ps3 forum has nice people in it

lokestar

thank you aswell for your kind words, im not one of those people that create topics for the sake of creating them ive been here in gs for over a week now, and this is my first topic i made, so i thought it would be a good one, i maybe 15 but im very mature for my age people say i agree with you on future investment, i owned both the first ps1 and ps2, original for did not go for pstwo and psone i want the original ps3 so im buying it in april, play it for one day lock it up and take it bacj out in june for after my exams are finished, that way in between i can pick up games along the way

i only played one GT...and I dont remember which system it was or which GT. but i remember it being...realistic..or something.
i think it would be cool to bring it back.
nice post btw.six_shot

thank you aswell a funny story of mine about gt3 is that i wanted it in 2001, but it was sold out completely in my town even in hmv in london is was sold out, the day after i was going to holland for getting good grades, i went through hollands a town called vaals sold out their, went to aachen in germany hollands next door neighbour, sold out their, went to a small town in belgium called vervier and thats where i got it, went back to london 5 days later readyto play it and my mum bought it for me in london, so i did not have to go through so many countries to find one game, but it was worth it, i sitll have both till this day
suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suntansoopaman
bump :)
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="Takiwara"]Lol i tried going into system wars once and its crazy. also i probably wouldnt be a great candidate since i mostly post on the ps3 board XDwhitey6
Lol I went on system wars once when I was new to the forums, I thought it was basically a free for all so I posts a topic that say "Xbox 360 Sucks" with big green lettering inside that was shouting "Xbox 360 Sucks" in the most obnoxious way ever. Needless to say, wasn't long before I was moderated lol.

LMAO! I thought you could go all out in there as well. Darn it!
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whitey6
[QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="Takiwara"]Lol i tried going into system wars once and its crazy. also i probably wouldnt be a great candidate since i mostly post on the ps3 board XDMusashiSensi

LMAO! I thought you could go all out in there as well. Darn it!

Tis a shame.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="lokestar"]I'll agree with you on numerous points in your post. First off I don't bother reading the system wars forum because it's full of ignorance. I agree it gets very old listening to people talk down about one system or another but nothing is going to change this. Personally I just love video games, whether it be on my cell phone, an old school Atari, a dream about the commodore 64, sega, nes, snes, dreamcast... the list goes on and on. The fact is that games wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for all of these companies combined efforts to better the industry and put out decent games. I play a game because it looks fun and will give me enjoyment, some people play a certain game strictly because it's only on a certain system. To each their own.

whitey6
I agree, PS3 is really.... horrible right now, but come time March, it will be better.

It cant get any worse...so it has to get better.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Gran Turismo looks pretty, but it gets very repetitive very quickly.  There are so many Playstation IP's that are so much better than that.
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts

ah yes, the good old GT series. I agree, they have probably been the very core of the PS success over the years, with MGS, FF and Crash Bandicoot/ Jak circling around it. When all these games, and there developers, come toether for the Sony Consols, they have all achieved brilliance, which have kept the systems alive. Without all of them, the PS and PS2 would be an average consol. Just like Nintendo with their Mario and Link.

The future of the ps3 is a good one, and people dont see this. They are always talking about today: "RFOM is all that's good!", "No exclusives" , "no stuff to download" yada yada yada. But you can only judge a consol really when it is in full swing- i.e a year on from launch. Have people forgotton the 360 release? All the games were just Xbox ports, and with very little 360 games on the shelves. Back then, everyone was bashing MS, but look where they are now, with GeOW and all their other spunky games...

Adzino91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Adzino91
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
Damn right. Someone else noticed how the GT5 is important. Seriously, im getting an HDTV and a PS3 just for this game. If i see that Polyphone decided not do this game, im not buying a Playstation 3. This game is really great. And i heard that the new one is going to be way more detailed than the last one. Like GT4 wasnt detailed enough. This is probably the most realistic drive simulator at the moment. Has the coolest tracks and the most cars. And GT5 is going to get Ferrari & Lamborghini. Wow. Im 100% sure, that when ill be drivin 280 km/h a hour on Suzuka Circuit in my Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, i wont regret spending 2500$ on my Ps3 and Pioneer Plasma. Why do we have to wait till 2008.... :(
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
I love your thread. That's a lot of love to GT.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
you know what we need too: twisted metal next gen
suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 suntansoopaman
GT is not my favourite gaming series final fantasy is for numerous reasons but i still love cars and im too young to drive atm (in england we have to wait until we are 17/18 to drive) so GT is my friend, and i cannot wait to drive a ford GT40 in high definition online against other racers who will join me in 08