This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tigerfan1993 (652 posts) -
Does anyone know how to recover a forgotten password?
#2 Posted by Alpha2 (3203 posts) -
When you signed in you should have had to enter an email address. Chances are you still have the information there in an email. You also may have to just go to the account settings manager to request your information be sent.
#3 Posted by BzPlayer (165 posts) -

What system are you asking about ? If it's the PS3 I think you go into system settings and reset system to default settings which then your password is all zero's 0000.

#4 Posted by tigerfan1993 (652 posts) -

What system are you asking about ? If it's the PS3 I think you go into system settings and reset system to default settings which then your password is all zero's 0000.

BzPlayer

But will it delete any of my save files?

#5 Posted by BzPlayer (165 posts) -
[QUOTE="BzPlayer"]

tigerfan1993

But will it delete any of my save files?

No it just resets your system to default settings, only formatting your HD would remove games saves.

#6 Posted by tigerfan1993 (652 posts) -
I need to recover my account password, not my control password. I went into account management and didnt see anywhere about a request info thing.
#7 Posted by Radiozo (2413 posts) -
http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3
#8 Posted by xlarsonx (1 posts) -
if i pre order a game online will i get the game by mail or does i have to wait until it came out in the shop???
#9 Posted by patriots7672 (3249 posts) -

Go to www.us.playstation.com and click on support. Call them and tell them and they'll send you a new temporary password to your E-mail associated with it and then you can go into account management afterwards and change it to whatever you like.

#10 Posted by zencrobar67 (282 posts) -

BzPlayer

will this work?????

#11 Posted by arsenalnumba1 (1 posts) -
how do you get yor password back even tho you have forgotten your birth details ?
#12 Posted by warren_jeeves (105 posts) -
how do you get yor password back even tho you have forgotten your birth details ?arsenalnumba1
Ask your biological father, assuming you know who he is.
#13 Posted by warren_jeeves (105 posts) -
if i pre order a game online will i get the game by mail or does i have to wait until it came out in the shop???xlarsonx
Pretty sure Santa hand delivers it to you on 25th December......... not long to wait now.
#14 Posted by jcopp72 (5344 posts) -
if i pre order a game online will i get the game by mail or does i have to wait until it came out in the shop???xlarsonx
FYI um you need to start your own topic, and stop asking questions totally off topic in the middle of someones thread.
#15 Posted by yeshkamash (1 posts) -
will this defoo work. ivee forgotten my birth details and that. but i know my email address. thankss :)
#16 Posted by kingbatt148 (1 posts) -
how do i get my ps3 password back i forgot it?
#18 Posted by monztuh (1 posts) -
does that work if u do 0000 for the password ?
#19 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -
lol look at all the one post accounts who revive the dead topic. But hey atleast you searched and 0000 only works unless you changed it, also this is only for the 4 digit password on the system itself for changing parental settings and stuff.
#20 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

Call sony and tell them and give them the e-mail you used and they'll give you a temporary new one.

#21 Posted by xonz-_-killah (3 posts) -
thanks! i lost my password to some hacker but is it only 4 zeros? "0000"?
#22 Posted by xonz-_-killah (3 posts) -
i didnt work for me. i reset the system to default settings and it says my password isnt correct
#23 Posted by xonz-_-killah (3 posts) -
i didnt work for me. i reset the system to default settings and it says my password isnt correct
#24 Posted by superspuddy12 (1 posts) -
sonys number
#25 Posted by WarriorOfD3ath (1 posts) -
I'm trying to recover my password too but thing thing is playstation sent a message to my email but for one reason when i try to go to my email it sais temporary error all the time!!!!!!
#26 Posted by tehprecious (1 posts) -
when i reset the system it didnt make my password 0000