Outlast DLC Coming to PC, PS4 April,2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

It’s time to hear from the Whistleblower.

by Colin Moriarty of IGN

According to Red Barrels, “Whistleblower will let you play as Waylon Park, a software engineer under contract with Murkoff and the man who emailed journalists around the world – including Miles – at the beginning of Outlast. Spending a couple of weeks at Mount Massive, during which he was unable to even talk to his wife and son in Boulder thanks to strict security protocols, Weylon developed a deep-seated distrust of the profit-motivated scientists and doctors leading dangerous and irresponsible experiments on their patients.”

Whistleblower will “stretch past” the campaign “to show the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum’s story.”

#2 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

My gold wireless headsets, dark living room, and body are all ready. By then we'll also be getting the next delicious indie horror game on the horizon as well, Daylight.

#3 Posted by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

My gold wireless headsets, dark living room, and body are all ready. By then we'll also be getting the next delicious indie horror game on the horizon as well, Daylight.

Daylight ?

#4 Edited by marcheegsr (2903 posts) -

Im going to buy this day 1. Awesome news.

#5 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph said:

My gold wireless headsets, dark living room, and body are all ready. By then we'll also be getting the next delicious indie horror game on the horizon as well, Daylight.

Daylight ?

Yep. Not to be confused with Dying Light. Think Outlast with witches. The kind that have long black hair, scream loudly, and run at you.

#6 Posted by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph said:

My gold wireless headsets, dark living room, and body are all ready. By then we'll also be getting the next delicious indie horror game on the horizon as well, Daylight.

Daylight ?

Yep. Not to be confused with Dying Light. Think Outlast with witches. The kind that have long black hair, scream loudly, and run at you.

Wow. Seems like this gen the Survival Horror is being resurrected to cause doom haha.

#7 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Young_Charter: Then we have Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, and Slender: The Arrival coming in as well. The makers of Routine are also teasing the idea of porting their game.

#8 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

#9 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

Just the sequel, but yes, it is coming to PS4.

#10 Edited by MethodManFTW (25846 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

Just the sequel, but yes, it is coming to PS4.

The story is not related and the game is developed by a different studio. It's an ok game but definitely not on the same tier as the first Amensia.

Though I haven't seen that A Machine for Pigs is even announced for PS4... Frictional Games (developers of the first Amensia) next game SOMA is coming out on PS4.. Not a ton of info on that one yet but the first two videos they released set a great mood.

#11 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

Just the sequel, but yes, it is coming to PS4.

That reminds me.... My laptop can run the first one. . . O_O but Im gonna need an xbox 360 controller lol

#12 Posted by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: I guess we would have to look out for it. But either way hopefully I should have a PC to run it soon..

#13 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

Just the sequel, but yes, it is coming to PS4.

The story is not related and the game is developed by a different studio. It's an ok game but definitely not on the same tier as the first Amensia.

Though I haven't seen that A Machine for Pigs is even announced for PS4... Frictional Games (developers of the first Amensia) next game SOMA is coming out on PS4.. Not a ton of info on that one yet but the first two videos they released set a great mood.

My mistake, either Amnesia coming to PS4 has only been "thought about", but yeah, their game SOMA is, and it looks pretty great as well. I hope they bring both of them on over, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

#14 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: Amnesia ?!?! Coming to PS4 !??!... No way bro... R U serious ??

Just the sequel, but yes, it is coming to PS4.

The story is not related and the game is developed by a different studio. It's an ok game but definitely not on the same tier as the first Amensia.

Though I haven't seen that A Machine for Pigs is even announced for PS4... Frictional Games (developers of the first Amensia) next game SOMA is coming out on PS4.. Not a ton of info on that one yet but the first two videos they released set a great mood.

My mistake, either Amnesia coming to PS4 has only been "thought about", but yeah, their game SOMA is, and it looks pretty great as well. I hope they bring both of them on over, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I haven't check out SOMA yet. To be honest I haven't did too much research on upcoming PS4 titles because I can't bare anticipation sometimes. lol

#15 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Young_Charter: I understand that. getting hype for a game that isn't going to be available for six months to a year is an exercise in frustration.

#16 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph: How about waiting for FF Versus XIII since you were in middle and now you're a grown ass man probably planning college or some other opportunities lol

#17 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: How about waiting for FF Versus XIII since you were in middle and now you're a grown ass man probably planning college or some other opportunities lol

I know, lol. I used to check your versus XIII thread in this forum once a month hoping for some news over the last several years. You must have felt so vindicated when that trailer was shown. I actually thought of you when I watched it. You hung in there man, good for you. ;)

#18 Posted by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph: How about waiting for FF Versus XIII since you were in middle and now you're a grown ass man probably planning college or some other opportunities lol

I know, lol. I used to check your versus XIII thread in this forum once a month hoping for some news over the last several years. You must have felt so vindicated when that trailer was shown. I actually thought of you when I watched it. You hung in there man, good for you. ;)

lol yeah broo... Sometimes I think about going back to fight it out and keep that thread alive. Sometimes the most active members on that thread sometimes send me a message even during this present day here and there asking if there is anymore more news about it. I enjoyed keeping that thread alive, But Square Enix pisses me off. Nothing about them for the PS3-360-Wii gen I appreciated.

#19 Posted by mjf249 (2861 posts) -

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

#20 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

I assume you are expecting some of the upcoming survival horror titles we talked about including the new Outlast DLC ?

#21 Posted by MarcRecon (5989 posts) -

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

Agreed, remember back in the day when RE use to scare us?

#22 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

Agreed, remember back in the day when RE use to scare us?

Not since REmake, sadly. Why the hell hasn't Capcom made that game available again via downloads for consoles??

#23 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@MarcRecon said:

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

Agreed, remember back in the day when RE use to scare us?

Not since REmake, sadly. Why the hell hasn't Capcom made that game available again via downloads for consoles??

Exactly. I personally think that a lot of companies fail to meet that expectation now because of titles like Call of Duty's simplicity rubbing all in their face while it is making millions and being known as the second best selling title of all time. I remember reading the "How to save final fantasy" article on gamespot news and it quoted how the developers kept on saying that after checking out Call of duty's success they had went from there with FFXIII's battle system. Now think about RE for a second.

On RE5 it was supposed to be single player with Chris Redfield with a lot more things such as zombie elephants and etc. Then out of nowhere Sheva got squeezed in and they barely tell you anything about this woman she is pretty much there for co op. Then, you have RE Operation Raccoon City which was an epic fail. Ops Raccoon city proved that capcom tried to imitate the COD series as well. Once again Square Enix with the title "Mind Jack" which was an epic fail.

#24 Posted by MarcRecon (5989 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph said:

@MarcRecon said:

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

Agreed, remember back in the day when RE use to scare us?

Not since REmake, sadly. Why the hell hasn't Capcom made that game available again via downloads for consoles??

Exactly. I personally think that a lot of companies fail to meet that expectation now because of titles like Call of Duty's simplicity rubbing all in their face while it is making millions and being known as the second best selling title of all time. I remember reading the "How to save final fantasy" article on gamespot news and it quoted how the developers kept on saying that after checking out Call of duty's success they had went from there with FFXIII's battle system. Now think about RE for a second.

On RE5 it was supposed to be single player with Chris Redfield with a lot more things such as zombie elephants and etc. Then out of nowhere Sheva got squeezed in and they barely tell you anything about this woman she is pretty much there for co op. Then, you have RE Operation Raccoon City which was an epic fail. Ops Raccoon city proved that capcom tried to imitate the COD series as well. Once again Square Enix with the title "Mind Jack" which was an epic fail.

Raccoon city really had a chance to be something special but it fell flat on it's face trying to be COD!! I was excited when I heard they where doing it because I always wanted to re-live the first outbreak in Raccoon city.

The game felt to much like an action tittle, there was no sense of fear or tension, I might as well have been playing Gears of War!! lol

#25 Posted by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Randolph said:

@MarcRecon said:

@mjf249 said:

Can't wait, Outlast was an incredible game, I am a huge survival horror fan.

Agreed, remember back in the day when RE use to scare us?

Not since REmake, sadly. Why the hell hasn't Capcom made that game available again via downloads for consoles??

Exactly. I personally think that a lot of companies fail to meet that expectation now because of titles like Call of Duty's simplicity rubbing all in their face while it is making millions and being known as the second best selling title of all time. I remember reading the "How to save final fantasy" article on gamespot news and it quoted how the developers kept on saying that after checking out Call of duty's success they had went from there with FFXIII's battle system. Now think about RE for a second.

On RE5 it was supposed to be single player with Chris Redfield with a lot more things such as zombie elephants and etc. Then out of nowhere Sheva got squeezed in and they barely tell you anything about this woman she is pretty much there for co op. Then, you have RE Operation Raccoon City which was an epic fail. Ops Raccoon city proved that capcom tried to imitate the COD series as well. Once again Square Enix with the title "Mind Jack" which was an epic fail.

Raccoon city really had a chance to be something special but it fell flat on it's face trying to be COD!! I was excited when I heard they where doing it because I always wanted to re-live the first outbreak in Raccoon city.

The game felt to much like an action tittle, there was no sense of fear or tension, I might as well have been playing Gears of War!! lol

Honestly Marc, I just want Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2 HD. Lucky for Japan, a small group over there made a private server for them to still be online.

#26 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

I heard so many good things about Outbreak. A new version on PS4 with modern frills would be something I would check out.

#27 Edited by Young_Charter (19886 posts) -

@Randolph: Capcom needs to get out of their bankruptcy first before they even plan anything lol.

#28 Posted by BattleSpectre (6381 posts) -

Will we get the DLC free with PS+ hehehe