This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rasjul (5 posts) -
hey ,i was looking around on a few open world games. and i was thinking if you knew any cool open world games i could chek out....?
#2 Posted by JKusanagi (815 posts) -
FAIL !!!
#3 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

Um.. not quite sure what to recommend, GTAIV, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 is outstanding and I'll probably recommend it more then anything else at the moment.

There are probably few more but I can't remember at the moment.

#4 Posted by CTR360 (6923 posts) -
gtaiv oblivion saintsrow2 fallout3 farcry2 just cause
#5 Posted by RoOodriGowW (3309 posts) -
I' ll list the ones I have : Saint's Row 2 , Grand Theft Auto IV , Mercenaries 2 , Spider Man : Web of Shadows , The Incredible Hulk , Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed.
#6 Posted by idk761 (3229 posts) -
Open world games aren't as fun as you might think it is. Because in the end all you do is do the missions and you get to travel there. But some that I enjoy was Mercenary 2, Far Cry 2, and GTA IV
#7 Posted by Erik729 (1474 posts) -
Yea, open-world games are a slightly disappointing trend in gaming. Farcry 2 is a lot of fun, and Oblivion is amazing, but GTA's are just so damn boring to me. I think the setting has a lot to do with it. You can only kill so many hookers and drive so many cars before everything becomes the same. Think about the setting before you buy an open-world game. I'm sure Fallout 3 is really good, but I have just not purchased it, I am just weary on the combat...it looks bland. But anyway, that is another story alltogether.
#8 Posted by bsman00 (6038 posts) -
Fallout 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Posted by hillelslovak (9211 posts) -
Oblivion, Saints Row 2, Fallout 3 and GTA IV are all excellent.
#10 Posted by lilasianwonder (5962 posts) -
Fallout 3, Oblivion, and GTAVI are open world games.
#11 Posted by soulfood4 (5459 posts) -
FAIL !!!JKusanagi
I...dont get it....
#12 Posted by rasjul (5 posts) -
well im looking forward to Infamous and prototype.. i got GTAIV, fallout 3 and saints row 2 but im looking for a open-world game with the best online gameplay possibele... can you recommend any nice online/open-world games?
#13 Posted by Erik729 (1474 posts) -

well im looking forward to Infamous and prototype.. i got GTAIV, fallout 3 and saints row 2 but im looking for a open-world game with the best online gameplay possibele... can you recommend any nice online/open-world games?rasjul

World of Warcraft.

#14 Posted by idk761 (3229 posts) -
If you want to play with people online in an open world go play WoW, even thought it is lame and geeky, to me anyway. But Shawn Snowboard has free roam online, something with that name
#15 Posted by rasjul (5 posts) -
well ive played alot of wow and im trying to get away from it.. so wow is not an option! 8)
#16 Posted by stangen (273 posts) -

fallout 3 and Oblivion have given me about a combined 200 hours of gameplay so far, and I've yet to complete the Shivering Isles, one play through the dark world and one play through the Bright World.

The stories are very interesting and especially Oblivion is well worth 30 bucks!

With so many hours of gameplay in these great games I don't understand how a game can brag about having 10-15 hours of gameplay with no replay value. I.E. Dead Space

#17 Posted by americahellyeah (16548 posts) -
Far Cry 2, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 would probably be the best ones... GTAIV is kinda pathetic in that it doesn't really utilize much of the giant world its set it..
#18 Posted by Wayno1991 (2 posts) -
Hey I know how hard it is to find good open world games, but most are the same it just a matter of comparing them: Example GTA 4 vs Saints Row 2 = GTA 4 the scenery is better and the storyline is better , the downfall is there is no character creation. Oblivion vs Fallout 3 = Get both , Same style of gaming set in different times. Prototype vs Infamous = Prototype because easier to get around the city Sacred 2 vs Dark Kingdom = None they both crap Get all open world , Marvel and DC games I havent played Far Cry 2 but from what I have seen it is good. To be fair you need to find out if you like swords or guns, Exploration or quests, and looks real or cartoony. Once you figure that out you'd be fine , To be honest I had both GTA 4 n Saints Row two , but to me they were rubbish , However I loved Oblivion , Fallout 3, Prototype and the Marvel games , n Assasins creed/ Still the greatest open world games are the KOTOR games , Knights of the OLd Republic.
#19 Posted by Wayno1991 (2 posts) -
Personally the best online play wud be far cry 2
#20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
GTA4 or INfamous are the top 2 open world games in my opinion...followed by prototype/fallout3
#21 Posted by madam-moutrash (152 posts) -

fallout 3 and oblivion are the 2 best games i have ever played so i reccommend getting them:)

#22 Posted by 3aNkabot (620 posts) -
Oblivion is one hell of a game, I too am looking to buy an open world rpg and it seems that I'm going to buy this game again(gave my copy to a friend).
#23 Posted by White_wolf_eye (2886 posts) -

Try soem WRPG like oblivion and fallout 3, dont know any other sorry.

#24 Posted by yoda4ps3 (678 posts) -

inFamous, Fallout 3 (wait and get the GOTY edition in a October with all the dlc), Oblivion, non-rpg if you have a pretty good pc Crysis is fairly open for about half the game

#25 Posted by Wild_Card (4034 posts) -

i would recommend Oblivion,Fallout 3, GTA4. but i would stay away from Farcry2.

#26 Posted by jdiamnz69 (1469 posts) -

Fallout 3. Huge world, and It will last you long.

#28 Posted by nickz_fpk (1458 posts) -

I'd say

Just Cause 2

The Saboteur

GTA IV

Saints Row 2

The Godfather Don's Edition

Fallout 3 (I thought it was extremly boring though)

Red Dead Redemption.

#29 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
Infamous was by far the best open world i played this gen ( yes i played gta4 and red dead redeption)
#30 Posted by JohnnyWPSP (1943 posts) -

If you want a sandbox game with a lot of stuff to do Red Dead Redemption is the first one that comes to mind. If you just want an open world inFamous and Assassins Creed 2 are also great.

#31 Posted by The-Apostle (12141 posts) -
Gonna go with Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and DC Universe