Onimusha anyone??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LubiBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 LubiBaby
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I just had this thought pop into my head - "Where the hell has the Onimusha series gone?!"

Anyone with me on this or have any insight on the discontinuation or future release of another Onimusha game?

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 canoecamue
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
Good point, I really liked that game. Had a pretty decent sequel as well didnt it?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
They pretty much wrapped it all up with the 4th game...not much left to do or say -unless they start a new arc
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I would absolutely go bonkers for an Onimusha Collection in HD w/ w/ trophies. I hope that Sony will extend those Collections to Third Partys. A new title would be nice too, but with 4 games already the story is about wrapped.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

I would absolutely go bonkers for an Onimusha Collection in HD w/ w/ trophies. I hope that Sony will extend those Collections to Third Partys. A new title would be nice too, but with 4 games already the story is about wrapped.

SNESMaster420
I second that. Sony and Capcom have a pretty good relationship, so who knows? Anyway, I only played the first two and really really liked them, so I'd love to play them all in HD.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts

SNESMaster420
Yes, that would be sweet and I'm glad Sony is letting 3rd party in. Onimusha would be my most wished for HD remaster.
schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

I remember Onimusha, was a fun game. Second play through I beat it in 1 hour though.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I remember Onimusha, was a fun game. Second play through I beat it in 1 hour though.

schizo_talon

Thats crazy talk.

cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
onimusha is great. i would love to see a new one.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I still never played the fourth one. The first three were great though.
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Onimusha series was one of the best last gen but I think there is still some story to be told in the series.Like whatever happened to Jubei yagyu(The hero from onimusha 2) or what happens to Samanosuke after he get backs the gauntlet in Onimusha 4.Lets just hope Capcom does make a new Onimusha game.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
Onimusha series was one of the best last gen but I think there is still some story to be told in the series.Like whatever happened to Jubei yagyu(The hero from onimusha 2) or what happens to Samanosuke after he get backs the gauntlet in Onimusha 4.Lets just hope Capcom does make a new Onimusha game.conistant
For some reason, I hated Samanosuke... i don't know why. I just wanted him to die.
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
[QUOTE="conistant"]Onimusha series was one of the best last gen but I think there is still some story to be told in the series.Like whatever happened to Jubei yagyu(The hero from onimusha 2) or what happens to Samanosuke after he get backs the gauntlet in Onimusha 4.Lets just hope Capcom does make a new Onimusha game.hxczuner
For some reason, I hated Samanosuke... i don't know why. I just wanted him to die.

He was an awesome character.I liked him.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="conistant"]Onimusha series was one of the best last gen but I think there is still some story to be told in the series.Like whatever happened to Jubei yagyu(The hero from onimusha 2) or what happens to Samanosuke after he get backs the gauntlet in Onimusha 4.Lets just hope Capcom does make a new Onimusha game.conistant

He was an awesome character.I liked him.

Yeah, I don't understand why I hated him. He was definitely a good character, I had every reason in the world to like him, I just didn't. Oh well, that's a little off topic. I definitely want a new game.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

SNESMaster420

I don't think 3rd parties would go for it. I could see 3rd parties that are close with Sony like Level 5 doing a Dark Cloud plus rogue galaxy collection, but capcom no way. They would multiplat that and the collection would have to be on multiple discs in order to be fair and all. The whole point of a collection is to put it all on one disc and have bonus content. That would not happen for a multiplat. I think the collections will just stay with first party. I would expect, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Team Ico games, Socom, that sort of thing. Criterion loves the PS3 and could make a burnout collection.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]They pretty much wrapped it all up with the 4th game...not much left to do or say -unless they start a new arc

Might as well reboot.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

buy genji if you want your omimusha fix.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

One of my favorite series...I would welcome another addition8)

schizo_talon

Sure you did:roll:

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Animatronic64

buy genji if you want your omimusha fix.

Santesyu
The one on PS3 is terrible. Do not recommend.
a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts

I just had this thought pop into my head - "Where the hell has the Onimusha series gone?!"

Anyone with me on this or have any insight on the discontinuation or future release of another Onimusha game?

LubiBaby
We can only hope, i loved all Onimusha games
PabloEscobar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PabloEscobar20
Member since 2009 • 837 Posts

It was one of the first Hack-N-Slash games out there, DMC was basically "inspired" by it. Then the rest if the genre copied from DMC. But many forget Onimusha was the first one.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Animatronic64

It was one of the first Hack-N-Slash games out there, DMC was basically "inspired" by it. Then the rest if the genre copied from DMC. But many forget Onimusha was the first one.

PabloEscobar20
Well, Devil May Cry completely kicked its ass, if you ask me, but regardless, Onimusha is still a wonderful game.
Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
it would be nice if they release the games in an HD Collection. I'd pick it up instantly.
canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 canoecamue
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]They pretty much wrapped it all up with the 4th game...not much left to do or say -unless they start a new arc

Oh, didnt know. Think I owned the first and potentially the second, I had sooo many ps2 games before I sold it.
canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 canoecamue

SNESMaster420
You are a smart cookie, I would def pick this up if produced. Sony should have a place where people could vote for ps2/1 games that will be produced in HD.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Onimusha went from cool, to good & then to OUTRAGEOUS. Let this series rest in peace.

raza3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#28 raza3
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

i am still waiting this game the story of onimusha isnt over yet

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 canoecamue

Onimusha went from cool, to good & then to OUTRAGEOUS. Let this series rest in peace.

MusashiSensi
Oh noes! A hater. ;) Nice nuke btw. :E
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MusashiSensi

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

canoecamue

No way, Bro. I was a big fan of the series;however, the last entry fell short to me. Lol. MY NUKE IS AWESOME! Lol. Your is cool, too.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="canoecamue"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

MusashiSensi

No way, Bro. I was a big fan of the series;however, the last entry fell short to me. Lol. MY NUKE IS AWESOME! Lol. Your is cool, too.

Why? It's essentially the same junk.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="canoecamue"] Oh noes! A hater. ;) Nice nuke btw. :E Animatronic64

Why? It's essentially the same junk.

I'm lost.
Nightrain76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nightrain76
Member since 2003 • 334 Posts

Onimusha 1 and 2 were some of my favorite PS2 games. They always had great graphics and were a lot of fun. And what about the Dark Realm??? Amazing game. Samonuske and Jubei were awesome. I hope they make one for PS3. Hopefully if they do, they spend several years on it and make it great.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#34 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Gah use to have Onimusha 2. It was a good game but didn't get far and ended up losing my place in the game, not knowing how to progress. It'd be cool if Sony added this to their HD collection list.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

IGN has a topic about this kind of thing. It mentions onimusha as a wanted collection.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103462p1.html

I don't think third parties will be jumping on the bandwagon, They will want to go multiplat and then decide it will cost too much money because of multiple discs. Plus Konami already did the MGS collection on PS2 and put MG1 on the PS store so I doubt we would see it.

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 canoecamue

IGN has a topic about this kind of thing. It mentions onimusha as a wanted collection.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103462p1.html

I don't think third parties will be jumping on the bandwagon, They will want to go multiplat and then decide it will cost too much money because of multiple discs. Plus Konami already did the MGS collection on PS2 and put MG1 on the PS store so I doubt we would see it.

gamenerd15
sadface..