OMG Check THIS Out-KIllzone!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts

YAY FINALY I WAS BEGINING TO GET WORRIED http://ps3.ign.com/articles/763/763939p1.html

It has been rumored that Killzone 2 will be shown at GDC and that a demo is going to be released to counteract Microsoft's Halo 3 multiplayer beta this spring. Harrison would not comment on the Killzone speculation, but dismissed the idea that Sony had to focus its planning to counteract Halo 3. "I have a great deal of respect for Halo, I think it's a great piece of software, but it's one title," Harrison said. "I think that it's very dangerous to build an entire brand personality or platform around a single title. At PlayStation what we have done successfully... is to create tremendously varied entertainment opportunities on our platforms that cover a lot of different bases, a lot of different game forbidden>

pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts
sorry to say man but this is an old rumor... has been debunked... and GDC already passed. nice try though
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NooBAFIED
what are you talking about?
sorry to say man but this is an old rumor... has been debunked... and GDC already passed. nice try though
pridetwo
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

pridetwo

you didnt read the article did u?

chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chembro84
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
GDC hasn't passed yet, but that "screenshot" doesn't look like a screenshot to me, more like a teaser or concept art type of deal, who knows though maybe it is rendered in-engine cut-scene, I'd just hope it'd be more of a gameplay type than this.   Where's the HUD, the site, etc.?
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
What is the point of this thread ? Killzone probably won't get shown at GDC.

NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NooBAFIED
now im happy i got the ps3
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NooBAFIED
they keeping everything in the dark so it might be shown, the ps3 is so powerful we just have to wait
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
In the article he doesnt say a thing about a demo or showing at GDC.. all he was quoted saying was that they arent trying to compete with Halo (ya right :P).
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NooBAFIED
im not so exited for halo3
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
im not so exited for halo3NooBAFIED
yyour not "exited" about halo3? what is that supposed to mean.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
that interview barely mentions Killzone and the pic is from the E3 trailer, wth?
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NooBAFIED
welll it just like theres 1 and 2 now a 3 sure ill play it but im not gona be lik pissing my pants its a sik game but w.e
[QUOTE="NooBAFIED"]im not so exited for halo3SmoothBrother1

donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
The screenshot is from the infamous Killzone trailer.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NooBAFIED
man u all hating killzone cause it didnt make a trailer or anything for a long time well soon it will PATIENCE my young 1
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bitedcurbnow
Member since 2004 • 1065 Posts
I voted "yee", although I am not 100% sure what it means lol.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NooBAFIED
haha
I voted "yee", although I am not 100% sure what it means lol.bitedcurbnow
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
man u all hating killzone cause it didnt make a trailer or anything for a long time well soon it will PATIENCE my young 1NooBAFIED
I'm not hating on Killzone, I'm wondering why in the world you're starting a hype, there's no new info on the game. And the rumor about a Killzone demo at GDC is about a week old and has pretty much been debunked.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NooBAFIED
march is coming soon and i bet there gona make something new about killzone and talk about future games and the update
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
[QUOTE="NooBAFIED"]im not so exited for halo3SmoothBrother1

by looked at it, i can figure out he meant excited.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SmoothBrother1
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="NooBAFIED"]im not so exited for halo3zhuojloh

I know what he meant, I wanted to see if he would catch on after my comment, obviously he didn't but it's all good.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

YAY FINALY I WAS BEGINING TO GET WORRIED http://ps3.ign.com/articles/763/763939p1.html

It has been rumored that Killzone 2 will be shown at GDC and that a demo is going to be released to counteract Microsoft's Halo 3 multiplayer beta this spring. Harrison would not comment on the Killzone speculation, but dismissed the idea that Sony had to focus its planning to counteract Halo 3. "I have a great deal of respect for Halo, I think it's a great piece of software, but it's one title," Harrison said. "I think that it's very dangerous to build an entire brand personality or platform around a single title. At PlayStation what we have done successfully... is to create tremendously varied entertainment opportunities on our platforms that cover a lot of different bases, a lot of different game forbidden>

NooBAFIED
I hope it lives up the hype. I remember they hyped the first one as a halo 2 killer but the game was trash.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NooBAFIED
im not excited for it haha
[QUOTE="zhuojloh"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="NooBAFIED"]im not so exited for halo3SmoothBrother1

I know what he meant, I wanted to see if he would catch on after my comment, obviously he didn't but it's all good.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SmoothBrother1
I'm looking forward to halo 3 but i'm more excited about other games coming out on the 360 like mass effect and UT3. As far as killzone, I haven't seen anything that making me a little interested in it at this point and time and the silence about this game is making me less and less interested. I'm waiting for VF5 and Heavenly sword more than Killzone 2.
thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
I'll be honest. I just recently watched that Killzone 2 trailer again (you know, the one that was CG?), and it actually doesn't look AS impossible as it used to. After seeing gameplay footage for other games (Crysis for PC, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, etc...), I think that when the Killzone sequel is finally released it could actually look something like is displayed in the trailer. Yeah, when I saw the trailer when it was first released I thought it had the best graphics I'd ever seen, but with all these other amazing games coming out I don't think the computer-generated gameplay is as far away from reality as it once was... Just wondering if anybody else noticed this.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NooBAFIED
ill be more worried about a gears of war 2 then halo3 but hopefuly we can put somthing to match that
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

pridetwo

No, DICE just passed.  GDC is in March, and yes, Killzone is supposed to be shown, possibly in gameplay form but that has yet to be confirmed.

SOLIDUS_SNAKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 SOLIDUS_SNAKE
Member since 2005 • 3424 Posts
i think sony will have some semi-big announcements at GDC. they need to correct their errors and attract more players.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NooBAFIED
sony is fixing up
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
Phil Harrison is such a smooth talker compare to Peter Moore.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts
GDC hasn't passed yet, but that "screenshot" doesn't look like a screenshot to me, more like a teaser or concept art type of deal, who knows though maybe it is rendered in-engine cut-scene, I'd just hope it'd be more of a gameplay type than this.   Where's the HUD, the site, etc.?chembro84
:| That's from the '05 video.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TE_Lawrence
Like the first one.. it will probably only be mediocre. I truly believe most Sony fanboys only give a sh*t about this game cause its competition to Halo, and if it gets good reviews it will be something they can rub in Xbox fans face. From what I gather.. most people I know that played PS2 more than other consoles dont even like FPS games.. they want FF and other import Japenese games.Cellien
Yet again Cellien got the nerves to call other people fanboys.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TE_Lawrence
Phil Harrison is such a smooth talker compare to Peter Moore.Wii26
And Jack Tretton.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"]Like the first one.. it will probably only be mediocre. I truly believe most Sony fanboys only give a sh*t about this game cause its competition to Halo, and if it gets good reviews it will be something they can rub in Xbox fans face. From what I gather.. most people I know that played PS2 more than other consoles dont even like FPS games.. they want FF and other import Japenese games.TE_Lawrence

Ya people that like only one brand of consoles (or whatever it may be) .. fanboys. In this case I was saying Sony fanboys, as in, people that only like Sony consoles.
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
I knew little about the game when it first came out and I didnt read all the reviews or know about all this hype but I actually enjoyed it a lot.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NooBAFIED
i never played a killzone but i want to play this badly
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts
I'll be honest. I just recently watched that Killzone 2 trailer again (you know, the one that was CG?), and it actually doesn't look AS impossible as it used to. After seeing gameplay footage for other games (Crysis for PC, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, etc...), I think that when the Killzone sequel is finally released it could actually look something like is displayed in the trailer. Yeah, when I saw the trailer when it was first released I thought it had the best graphics I'd ever seen, but with all these other amazing games coming out I don't think the computer-generated gameplay is as far away from reality as it once was... Just wondering if anybody else noticed this.thestickman
The textures in the trailer aren't as impressive as previously thought. Sure its nothing like Crysis, but neither of the next gen systems have the hardware to handle it. And I thought that Brothers in Arms trailer was pre-rendered too... maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure. It was the animations/AI in that trailer that make it impossible. Every single movement made by everything on screen is soooo scripted... sure a game can be made to look like that, but itll have to play like time crisis to get those kind of pc/npc interactions.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="Cellien"]Like the first one.. it will probably only be mediocre. I truly believe most Sony fanboys only give a sh*t about this game cause its competition to Halo, and if it gets good reviews it will be something they can rub in Xbox fans face. From what I gather.. most people I know that played PS2 more than other consoles dont even like FPS games.. they want FF and other import Japenese games.Cellien

Ya people that like only one brand of consoles (or whatever it may be) .. fanboys. In this case I was saying Sony fanboys, as in, people that only like Sony consoles.

People with your posting history
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="Cellien"]Like the first one.. it will probably only be mediocre. I truly believe most Sony fanboys only give a sh*t about this game cause its competition to Halo, and if it gets good reviews it will be something they can rub in Xbox fans face. From what I gather.. most people I know that played PS2 more than other consoles dont even like FPS games.. they want FF and other import Japenese games.TE_Lawrence

People with your posting history

Have you even looked at my posting history? It spans from Xbox 360 to PSP, PS3, and DS... I own a current gen console from every brand, not to mention all the previous consoles I own, and enjoy them all. Dont just look at one page of the posting history, cause I can post in 10 threads within 10-20 min and it will have filled up the first page. I admit I dont frequent the DS forums as much anymore since I got a PSP.. but doesnt make me a fanboy brotha.
snaretrap745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 snaretrap745
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts

welll it just like theres 1 and 2 now a 3 sure ill play it but im not gona be lik pissing my pants its a sik game but w.e[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="NooBAFIED"]im not so exited for halo3NooBAFIED

"yyour"?  If you're going to be a spelling Nazi at least don't "fu(k" up your own spelling.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
i never played a killzone but i want to play this badlyNooBAFIED

I'd find a way to play the first one...you will see why so many are skeptical of Guerilla Games and the quality of work they've put out so far.

No reason to hype this game off of the trailer...if I recall, thats how the first one got so over hyped.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NooBAFIED
the offical thread