Old School Games on Playstation Store

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by knicknut17 (1987 posts) -
IF, Sony would listen to us, the consumers, and put an "old school game" section on the Playstation Store, what would you have them put on? Final Fantasy VII- It's a real shame the graphics absolutely suck compared to what is out nowadays, but back then, the graphics were so ahead of its time. The story and characters were so memorable...Many people call this game overrated and they're entitled to their own opinion; my opinion is that those people are idiots. Everyone should play this game because it is the epitome of a classic game. Millions of people, myself included, played their first RPG when they played Final Fantasy VII for the first time. Now that prices for this game are ridiculously expensive nowadays, it would be smart for Square-Enix to make a downloadable copy for consumers to enjoy. Metal Gear Solid- If the Metal Gear series is going to come to an end on the PS3, then Sony should make it possible for gamers to experience the "beginning" of the series (3-D MGS that is). This is one of my favorite games of all-time and in my opinion, the best Metal Gear game to date. Chrono Trigger- Not everyone has their Super Nintendo readily available to them nowadays. This game is considered by many to be the best RPG of all-time (Final Fantasy VII included). After playing it, I can't help but agree with them. The size of this game is TINY...it would take a whole 2 minutes to download one of the best gaming experiences EVER! Revamp the graphics a little (progressive scan) and make it playable for widescreen TV's. I'd happily pay 10 bucks for that...Bubble Bobble Online- Playing this game with my cousins was one of the fondest memories of gaming I had as a child. I remember playing this game as a kid...Let me play it online with a friend....AWESOME! There are probably a million games we could come up with. Those are just a few examples. What kind of games would you like to see?
#2 Posted by abodaghee (207 posts) -
well, i let my GF play FFVII (which is in my top 3 list) and she didnt like it. She like 9 and 10 better. I am trying to convince her to play 4, but she says her eyes hurt cus the graphics are so bad. pssh yeah right!! METEO all the way you spoony bard! ps. i agree that they should bring back those titles on the PSN. i would love to play Einhander or Tactics or even Puzzle Fighter again in HD glory.
#3 Posted by acidBURN1942 (4897 posts) -
G-Police and Colony Wars
#4 Posted by abodaghee (207 posts) -
oh, i have colony wars, but i never played the sequels! were they any good? i love how james earl jones did the voice narrative in the 1st one! way cool! and the branching out story line!? next gen gameplay on last-last gen game!!
#5 Posted by acidBURN1942 (4897 posts) -
[QUOTE="abodaghee"]oh, i have colony wars, but i never played the sequels! were they any good? i love how james earl jones did the voice narrative in the 1st one! way cool! and the branching out story line!? next gen gameplay on last-last gen game!!

Yup! Colony Wars was an amazing game and i thought the sequels were good too. I would love to see a new Colony Wars, G-Police, Magic Carpet, or Wing Commander. Now that I look back on it the Playstation days were AMAZING!
#6 Posted by G-Legend (7294 posts) -
I'm pretty sure Sony will bring Old School Games for us to play, plus the PSS is getting revamped and so is PSN.
#7 Posted by anlpnatration69 (192 posts) -
I'm pretty sure Sony will bring Old School Games for us to play, plus the PSS is getting revamped and so is PSN.G-Legend
pitfall the original!!
#8 Posted by razzkazz (730 posts) -
Bruce Willis in "Apocalypse"
#9 Posted by farleybt (396 posts) -
[QUOTE="G-Legend"]I'm pretty sure Sony will bring Old School Games for us to play, plus the PSS is getting revamped and so is PSN.anlpnatration69
pitfall the original!!

Yes!!! I was actually just gonna say this. Might as well do Pitfall 2 also...
#10 Posted by UGAH (283 posts) -
man that's way too long I won't read
#11 Posted by TJSAGE (3537 posts) -
Street Fighter 2 Online
Contra (nes)
Narc (Arcade)
Bonks Adventure (turbo graphics)
Arkanoid (nes)
Russian Attack (nes)
Bayou Billy (nes)
Time Pilot (caleco vision)
Miner 2049er (caleco vision)
Zelda (nes)
The Univited (nes)
Bubble Bobble (nes)
Gun Smoke (nes)
Demlition Man (3D0)

I could go in forever

#12 Posted by -Sniper99- (8983 posts) -
The Arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! And The Arcade The Simpsons, and X-Men: The Arcade Game
#13 Posted by FlemmingM (308 posts) -
Metal Gear Solid of course...
Crash Team Racing
Soul Blade/Soul Egde
And Micro Machines V3
#14 Posted by warbmxjohn (6014 posts) -
The Arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! And The Arcade The Simpsons, and X-Men: The Arcade Game-Sniper99-
HELL YES!
#15 Posted by Teeth_Mummy (443 posts) -
anyone remember that game ONE? That would be cool. Also Crash Team Racing, Jumping Flash 2, Colony Wars, and Contra III: The Alien Wars.
#16 Posted by Loup_garouist (1 posts) -
They couldn't offer most of those games on PSN. The NES games wouldn't ever be on the list because the wii has those games cornered. That would be like halo for ps3. So while it would be awesome to have those games all on one console, never gonna happen.
#17 Posted by FinalFighters (1874 posts) -
i want some Zombies at my neighbors, The adventures of batman and robin and The lost vikings.