Oh my GOD, What is WRONG with UBI?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Now Rainbow Six: Vegas doesn't come out until APRIL 27th?!?! If this is the truth, then this is just completley BOGUS and it GREATLY decreases my "urge" to buy this game. I was really stoked that it would be out march 20th, but if they are going to just keep pushing back these (probably crappy anyway) ports, then why should we keep patronising them?

I dunno, maybe my anger is misdirected, or maybe IGN is just wrong, which is also possible. But from what I've seen anyway, M$ appears to have Ubisoft in their back pocket, and its ticking me off.
Caimstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Caimstro
Member since 2004 • 232 Posts
in an interview with game informer a sony exec says that sony has never paid for an exclusive, that is probably why ubisoft could care less for the ps3
Caimstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Caimstro
Member since 2004 • 232 Posts
the dude is jack tretton, its on the latest game informer mag
lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
Ubisoft is putting out like 3 or 4 games for the ps3 in march and april.  Maybe they just need a bit more time to clean it up.  there's enough games coming out in march for the ps3 and GoW for the ps2 that I don't mind waiting.  I'd rather get a well made game than a rushed and glitchy one.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Ubisoft is putting out like 3 or 4 games for the ps3 in march and april. Maybe they just need a bit more time to clean it up. there's enough games coming out in march for the ps3 and GoW for the ps2 that I don't mind waiting. I'd rather get a well made game than a rushed and glitchy one.lokestar
and if its still glitchy, laggy, or otherwise insuperior to the other version, will it still have been "worth the wait"? Ubi has A LOT to prove to me.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
Now Rainbow Six: Vegas doesn't come out until APRIL 27th?!?! If this is the truth, then this is just completley BOGUS and it GREATLY decreases my "urge" to buy this game. I was really stoked that it would be out march 20th, but if they are going to just keep pushing back these (probably crappy anyway) ports, then why should we keep patronising them?

I dunno, maybe my anger is misdirected, or maybe IGN is just wrong, which is also possible. But from what I've seen anyway, M$ appears to have Ubisoft in their back pocket, and its ticking me off.
0rin

What are you talking about "M$ appears to have Ubisoft in their back pocket". Every time a bit of bad news come down the pipe about PS3 whoever is even remotely associated with it is instantly called some subdivision of the massive and evil conglomerate that is Microsoft. The fact is, the PS3 is harder to code for so the games take longer to port. Hopefully, since UBI appears to be taking their time with Vegas this will be a quality port that matches or exceeds the 360 release. I do wish that developers would realize this and set realistic goals in the first place so that we wouldn't have to keep hearing about delays all the time.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Yea, quality over quananty.  Nintendo's old slogan, which works well in this case.  Besides there are so many good games coming in a short while.  My personally game spending budget can't even keep up, since I keep my game purchases below $100 a month.  So all these hits all coming at the same time will just have to wait for when I'm even ready.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Ubi is kinda starting to smell of EA in it's earlier days of success.
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts

0rin
Fanboys always blaming the competition when something goes wrong for sony. you should be getting ticked off by the lack of support that sony gives their devs.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
be patient. i'm playing it now on my 360. It's GREAT>!!!!
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="0rin"]Now Rainbow Six: Vegas doesn't come out until APRIL 27th?!?! If this is the truth, then this is just completley BOGUS and it GREATLY decreases my "urge" to buy this game. I was really stoked that it would be out march 20th, but if they are going to just keep pushing back these (probably crappy anyway) ports, then why should we keep patronising them?

bballboy986
Fanboys always blaming the competition when something goes wrong for sony. you should be getting ticked off by the lack of support that sony gives their devs.

oh and your a dev right? THATS why you know!! (a hint of sarcasm)____(just a hint)_____(really)____(it has to be true)____(cuz your a dev right?)____WRONG.