Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

As the title says, just curious, I had the blu-ray controller on the PS3 and liked it's use when watching blu-rays, I knew PS4 had on in the works and it just kinda faded away, i've seen 3rd party ones that have bad reviews, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an official blu-ray remote coming to the PS4?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Cant you just use your PS3 blu-ray remote on the PS4? it works via Bluetooth so it should work on both systems

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Prince_Denspion said:

As the title says, just curious, I had the blu-ray controller on the PS3 and liked it's use when watching blu-rays, I knew PS4 had on in the works and it just kinda faded away, i've seen 3rd party ones that have bad reviews, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an official blu-ray remote coming to the PS4?

The PS3 Bluetooth remote is great, isn't it? I've loved it for years. Hell, the PS2 DVD remote was great back in it's time.

I still use my PS3 for Blu-rays. Last I read (LINKY TO OFFICIAL SITE), the PS4 cannot use the PS3 official remote yet and there is no official remote for the PS4. I haven't fretted about it though.

Still, there is a workaround until Sony releases an official PS4 remote or until Sony updates the PS4 to accept the PS3 remote!

Here you go:

Loading Video...

albie446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 albie446
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I have a sony bravia smart tv and the tv remote works everything on my ps4 as pointed out in video just clicked enable hdmi device link and as my tv is sony didn't need to do anything there as sony devices instantly recognised still have to figure out some of the functions though as the remotes don't have the playstation symbols we all know wonder if this is ps4 way round this issue ?

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

my Samsung tv doesn't support that HDMI device link so my remote doesn't work on the PS4, just have to deal with using the dual shock.

liquidsuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By liquidsuns
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

It'd be great if the PS3 remote worked on the PS4, but it doesn't. Yeah, it's got the HDMI-CEC stuff, but it kinda sucks. I can move around the PS4 home screen and even play and pause stuff, but I can't exit video playback or exit apps, so it doesn't work well enough. HDMI-CEC is one of those things were no one worked together and all the TVs and receivers and consoles and everything in-between have their own protocol and control layout and it just doesn't work between different brands well enough to be passable.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I would want a remote that has a headphone jack like my ps4 remotes. I like to plug it my sennheisers and watch movies like that.