This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Willini
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/features/article.jsp?articleId=20070214154134589045&releaseId=20060726163237511007§ionId=1003&pageId=20070214154324604081

apparently better on ps3.  out to all the haters.

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
We all know it's going to have improvement, the game better since they've had nearly a year since the 360 version to improve some things. I wouldn't call any improvment worth having waited for the PS3 version compared to the 360 version. I plan to buy it anyway for the PS3, but I'm glad I got to play it when it came out on the 360 so long ago.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
or maybe do you think they spent the year recoding it for the Cell processor and the different graphics card, the better running and smoother gameplay are most likely due to those optimizations from the better processor
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
We all know it's going to have improvement, the game better since they've had nearly a year since the 360 version to improve some things. I wouldn't call any improvment worth having waited for the PS3 version compared to the 360 version. I plan to buy it anyway for the PS3, but I'm glad I got to play it when it came out on the 360 so long ago.TimothyB
Agreed. I do think that what PS3 is doing is pretty amazing though. You can look all the way down thru the forest!!! I mean no load times?!?! WTF?! Pretty sweet actually
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/features/article.jsp?articleId=20070214154134589045&releaseId=20060726163237511007§ionId=1003&pageId=20070214154324604081

apparently better on ps3.  out to all the haters.

Willini

I don't know how to elaborate on that any further. PS3  version > 360 version.

sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
Oblivion is going to be awesome. Don't listen to TimothyB. Some haters tough that the PS3 could not run Oblivion. 360 fanboys are very funny.:P
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TimothyB
or maybe do you think they spent the year recoding it for the Cell processor and the different graphics card, the better running and smoother gameplay are most likely due to those optimizations from the better processorGzus666

I think it can be that, or both. Though, considering the game was completed already they had plenty of time to optimize for the PS3 hardware compared to the limited time with all the work for the original development and release for both PC and the 360.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TimothyB
Oblivion is going to be awesome. Don't listen to TimothyB. Some haters tough that the PS3 could not run Oblivion. 360 fanboys are very funny.:P
sm66612

Don't listen to me? I said I was going to buy the PS3 version because it was going to be better, and I already own  a 360 version. I only commented that I'm glad I didn't skip the 360 version since no improvement the PS3 can have would have been worth the wait. but with the PS3 version around the corner, and you haven't bought the game, and you have both consoles, obviously I would say the PS3 version is the one to get.

I hope though the framerate and loading is atleast better than the 360 version. No point in better graphics if loading takes longer and the framerate chugs worse. The game already performed iffy on the 360 even when loading had nothing to do with it, so I hope this version runs smoother on top of better graphics. What I really will like though is how I read they blend the low detail distance better with the high detail areas, so it's not such a harsh transition.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gzus666
its already been reviewed and shown that the loading is about half the time on the ps3 compared to the 360, and a lot of the framerate issues and the sight distance problems were fixed
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
It's been reviewed? Link?
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gzus666
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762108p1.html
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
[QUOTE="sm66612"]Oblivion is going to be awesome. Don't listen to TimothyB. Some haters tough that the PS3 could not run Oblivion. 360 fanboys are very funny.:P
TimothyB

Don't listen to me? I said I was going to buy the PS3 version because it was going to be better, and I already own  a 360 version. I only commented that I'm glad I didn't skip the 360 version since no improvement the PS3 can have would have been worth the wait. but with the PS3 version around the corner, and you haven't bought the game, and you have both consoles, obviously I would say the PS3 version is the one to get.

I hope though the framerate and loading is atleast better than the 360 version. No point in better graphics if loading takes longer and the framerate chugs worse. The game already performed iffy on the 360 even when loading had nothing to do with it, so I hope this version runs smoother on top of better graphics. What I really will like though is how I read they blend the low detail distance better with the high detail areas, so it's not such a harsh transition.

I will inform you of this good friend and I mean it in a non-attack way. Games given the right time on PS3 don't chug. PLay Resistance and you will find a prime example or GENJI. It doesn't take forever to make a game either it's just that games were rushed cuz Blu-ray as we know it wasn't ready until a few months before launch. More and more you will see games on PS3 outperform 360 but it DOES NOT mean they will be better. Just that newer technology is better than older BUT as last gen shows that means VERY little. I'm rambling so I'll end witha statement to all. ALL SYSTEMS ROCK EQUALLY!!!
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
I thought you meant and official game review, not the hands on article.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
ill only buy oblivion if it scores 9.6 or More.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gzus666
your right, that makes a huge difference pertaining to the information that we were speaking about. it clearly explains the items that were spoken about, including the framerate, sight distance and load times on the PS3
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TimothyB
Well, I can't wait for the game. I already put 50+ hours on the 360, I can't wait to start over on the PS3 version.

Does anyone know how much HDD space it will use? I mean a game like Full Auto 2 instantly takes 2gigs from your HDD, so I wonder how much oblivion might install.
lennygundam14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lennygundam14
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

Well, I can't wait for the game. I already put 50+ hours on the 360, I can't wait to start over on the PS3 version.

Does anyone know how much HDD space it will use? I mean a game like Full Auto 2 instantly takes 2gigs from your HDD, so I wonder how much oblivion might install.
TimothyB

about 5gbs on the HDD

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TimothyB

[QUOTE="TimothyB"]Well, I can't wait for the game. I already put 50+ hours on the 360, I can't wait to start over on the PS3 version.

lennygundam14

about 5gbs on the HDD

ouch, I only have 9 gigs left on my 20gig. I may have to upgrade the drive sooner than I thought.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TimothyB
Also guys, wait to you see what happens to these forums when Oblivion comes out. You'll have thousands of threads. So many that people will just ask questions without even mentioning the game they are talking about in the thread title or post. There's just so much to cover in the game.

The mods will try to sticky an Oblivion thread. But so many questions are asked, before your question is answered it's already lost a page behind because of new questions or tons of "this game rocks" posts. So the sticky thread will pretty much be useless do to the overflow it will get.

Then, not many people know about the separate forums for each game, atleast when the 360 version comes out,

So for you guys that always seem annoyed when there is more than two threads on game at a time, wait to you see 10+ questions for oblivion on things like quests that one person might have wondered onto that another might not for another 40hrs of gameplay.

Then all the, "my character turned into a vampire, how do I undo it" when all the person needed to do was go to a church to heal or a simple potion, yet some how they saved over any way of getting back before they woke up as one and complain the game is ruined because it's too hard to fix after the fact. And so and so on. The forum will be choas for a while

:)
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts
Also guys, wait to you see what happens to these forums when Oblivion comes out. You'll have thousands of threads. So many that people will just ask questions without even mentioning the game they are talking about in the thread title or post. There's just so much to cover in the game.

The mods will try to sticky an Oblivion thread. But so many questions are asked, before your question is answered it's already lost a page behind because of new questions or tons of "this game rocks" posts. So the sticky thread will pretty much be useless do to the overflow it will get.

Then, not many people know about the separate forums for each game, atleast when the 360 version comes out,

So for you guys that always seem annoyed when there is more than two threads on game at a time, wait to you see 10+ questions for oblivion on things like quests that one person might have wondered onto that another might not for another 40hrs of gameplay.

Then all the, "my character turned into a vampire, how do I undo it" when all the person needed to do was go to a church to heal or a simple potion, yet some how they saved over any way of getting back before they woke up as one and complain the game is ruined because it's too hard to fix after the fact. And so and so on. The forum will be choas for a while

:)
TimothyB
lol you are right about that the people think when it go to other system its completely other game they are wrong.
Willini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Willini
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
i agree, fools will overrun the boards