Oblivion PS3: Why won't witch in Vampire Cure quest take bloodgrass?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kirbyccamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kirbyccamp
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hey, everybody. New to this site and not sure if someone else already asked. Seems like several people having trouble with this quest.

I've done everything up to the point when I'm supposed to give the witch the ingredients and get a potion to cure vampirism. I have all ingredients, but the witch won't take my bloodgrass! She'll take everything else, but I can't get the cure because she won't take the last ingredient (bloodgrass). Has anyone else had this problem?

I completed the Main Quest. Could she be refusing to take the bloodgrass because all the oblivion gates are closed now? Could she be refusing to take bloodgrass because it comes mostly from Oblivion? Maybe she doesn't believe I have it because I closed the gates already. Talking to the Count doesn't help either. Please help.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
You're answers should be in here
kirbyccamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kirbyccamp
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Thank you!!!

ben77777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ben77777
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey, everybody. New to this site and not sure if someone else already asked. Seems like several people having trouble with this quest.

I've done everything up to the point when I'm supposed to give the witch the ingredients and get a potion to cure vampirism. I have all ingredients, but the witch won't take my bloodgrass! She'll take everything else, but I can't get the cure because she won't take the last ingredient (bloodgrass). Has anyone else had this problem?

I completed the Main Quest. Could she be refusing to take the bloodgrass because all the oblivion gates are closed now? Could she be refusing to take bloodgrass because it comes mostly from Oblivion? Maybe she doesn't believe I have it because I closed the gates already. Talking to the Count doesn't help either. Please help.

kirbyccamp
It wont work for me either.
rachaelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rachaelg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Boyfriend had this problem, found that if you change your ps3 language to something else (he did german) on the ps3 system menu and then go ask her with the bloodgrass she takes it off you and makes your cure........ problem solved. hope this helps!
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
Boyfriend had this problem, found that if you change your ps3 language to something else (he did german) on the ps3 system menu and then go ask her with the bloodgrass she takes it off you and makes your cure........ problem solved. hope this helps!rachaelg
Seriously?have never heard of that...and D= old thread
herbman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 herbman7
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
this was a massive pain in the bum for me - and all bethesda games seem to have their moments! easiest way to fix this, if you're playing GOTY edition: 1. in GOTY edition, make a new save when you are in the witches house in drakelowe (with 2 bloodgrass in your inventory) and fully exit the game 2. rent/buy non-GOTY edition and start oblivion from your current save using the rented disk. 3. Melisandre will now accept the bloodgrass (wont be greyed out in speech) and melisandre will ask you to wait 24 hours (do not get stuck in the basement!) 4. you can save now (in a new slot) and exit the game 5. put GOTY edition back in, and load the last save save again - and everything should be sorted! note: Melisandre will give you 2 vampirism potions, but only 1 will appear in potions for you to use.. the other (for the count in Skingrad) is under other inventory good luck - and thanks Bethesda for fixing this on every platform except PS3!!!! damnit
IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts
Wow... nice bump. I've encountered dozens of people with this problem, so it doesn't hurt to get it resurrected now and then. This is why I never even took the vampire path in my Oblivion save.
Avatar image for brownpriderider
brownpriderider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brownpriderider
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts

lol, i knew this was an old thread bump but i had to come in to get a laugh, wow i dont know why people bring up old crap all the time, lol

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Old thread, but ok. That doesn't always work. One of my friends had some problems with their GOTY edition and they had me bring over my regular version and she still wouldn't take it. Never heard of that language change though. hmm

IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts

lol, i knew this was an old thread bump but i had to come in to get a laugh, wow i dont know why people bring up old crap all the time, lol

brownpriderider

It's because people continue to discover Oblivion and enjoy it, almost 4 years after its release. It's a game that stands the test of time, and anyone playing it now may experience the same problems that others experienced years ago.

yannick256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yannick256
Member since 2010 • 292 Posts

some poeple said that do not ask melissande about blood glass and if you have all the ingredients give them all to her.it is suposed to work

jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts

[QUOTE="brownpriderider"]

IWAOlympus

It's because people continue to discover Oblivion and enjoy it, almost 4 years after its release. It's a game that stands the test of time, and anyone playing it now may experience the same problems that others experienced years ago.

Its actually been over 5 years now andddd.... THREAD NECROMANCY!!! :D
JuIcY_QuAcKz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuIcY_QuAcKz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
That changing your PS language stuff works, plus German tamriel sounds much better than English tamriel :P