Nothing will read my external hard drive anymore...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AriaCarmen222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AriaCarmen222
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Ok, first, I just bought a brand new Fat32 160GB External Hard drive this month to back up my ps3 data, and decided to finally use it today. I had already plugged it into my laptop to create ps3 folders and whatnot when I first received it, so that was already done. I went to back up my data on my ps3 and it gave me an error message. To fix that, I unplugged my controller charger, and then tried again, this time I did not receive that error message, instead it failed at 25% saying it could not access the storage device. Annoyed, I restarted my ps3 in safe mode and proceeded in doing a file restore, and it told me there was some corrupted data on there. When it finished and the corrupted data was deleted, I tried to back up again, and THIS time it says "Connect Storage Media Device To Save Destination" and I'm thinking "NOW what???". So I tried plugging the external hard drive back into my laptop, but now my laptop will not read the external hard drive anymore...so what's up? Could it be that some of the corrupted data from the ps3 got into the brand new external hard drive and now its destroyed or something?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ariacarmen222:

No, its DOA, just get it replaced.

AriaCarmen222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AriaCarmen222
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@GTR12: Its wasn't "DOA" as my computer read it when I first got it...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ariacarmen222:

Well its dead now, just get it replaced, surely there's 7 day warranty from the shop.