No Spyro and Crash Ps One Classics on Vita NA store

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I was checking today and noticed Spyro and Crash games were not in the ps one Classic section. I heard they are in other Regions. Is it because a legal issue of some sort with Activision? I would love to play these games again, i guess i will just have to buy a Ps1. Both great titles for the Ps1 and Spyro is my favorite.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

If you have a PS3 you can still download those onto the Vita using the usb cable. Not sure why they aren't on the Vita store but they're definitely playable on it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

you may be able to long into psn on your computer and download those games. what country do you live in? and i don't think Activision owns the licence to the first 3 Spyro games and the first 4 or so Crash games

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I'm in Australia, and all Crash Bandicoot and Spyro PSOne Classics are downloadable directly from the store on Vita.

If you have a PS3, you should be able to buy them from your country's store, download them to your PS3, then use the Vita's content manager to transfer them over.

Alternatively, original disc versions of these games will play on any PS3, PS2, or PS1 just fine.

If you don't have a PS3; don't buy a PS1 - buy a PS3.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

@Lhomity said:

I'm in Australia, and all Crash Bandicoot and Spyro PSOne Classics are downloadable directly from the store on Vita.

If you have a PS3, you should be able to buy them from your country's store, download them to your PS3, then use the Vita's content manager to transfer them over.

Alternatively, original disc versions of these games will play on any PS3, PS2, or PS1 just fine.

If you don't have a PS3; don't buy a PS1 - buy a PS3.

I just bought a Ps4 and a tv and also a vita, Im sure i dont need a ps3 and cant spend more money on another New PS console, The ps1 is only 20 dollars in my area store. I'll see what i can do. Thanks

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

In also having an issue with this :( Vita is my only sony console and I have no interest in a PS3 (or 4.. Yet) and would love to buy these games. Lame...