No picture for my PS3... help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Warrenshadow (70 posts) -
Hey I have had my PS3 for a year now, no problems but my friend just got a HDMI TV so I took it over and plugged it in by the HDMI to see what it looked like (it was great) but now that I have brought it back to my house I cant get a picture or sound to go on the old red white and yellow plugs, how to I tell my PS3 to stop using the HDMI and go the old way?
#2 Posted by pugs189 (316 posts) -
You have to hook it back up to an hdmi and change the settings back to your normal audio/video.
#3 Posted by Jrfanfreak88 (1776 posts) -
Hold the on button for 5 seconds, then it will reset to the default display mode. This happened to me too, so you should be good!
#4 Posted by pugs189 (316 posts) -
My bad Sony gave me some bad info when that happened to me.
#5 Posted by Warrenshadow (70 posts) -

all good now, I tried that b4 but didnt work, just found out you have to hold it when you turn it on for it to reset. Good work team

#6 Posted by nc_soldier (789 posts) -

Hold the on button for 5 seconds, then it will reset to the default display mode. This happened to me too, so you should be good!Jrfanfreak88

Ye do this, hold your finger on the "turn on" button for 5 secs when you turn it on, you will hear a second beep and it will then reset the settings..

#7 Posted by Jrfanfreak88 (1776 posts) -

all good now, I tried that b4 but didnt work, just found out you have to hold it when you turn it on for it to reset. Good work team

Warrenshadow

'

no prob capn!

#8 Posted by dru26 (5505 posts) -

The day the ps3 came out I played it at home in HD/ via HDMI. The next morning I had to go to Atlantic City, when I went to hook up my spankin new ps3 to the hotel tv, I couldn't get any video. We even had a hotel av guy come to the room to fix the tv. I thought I broke it in transit and was really pissed until I got home, and learned what I did wrong.

I have a friend that works for GameStop, of the 13 consoles they sold on day one, 3 were attempted to be returned because people thought there consoles were broken doing the same thing.

#9 Posted by Tiyrn (1 posts) -
I'm having a similar problem. My PS3 is connected to an HDTV via HDMI cable. I was playing it this morning for awhile, and then watched a DVD on it afterward. I turned it off and then I tried to play it again, about 7-8 hours later. The TV is on and on the correct input channel, and I'm getting a black screen(if there was no input source, it'd be blue). All the cables are properly connected, and I even put the HDMI cable into my Xbox 360 to make sure the cable was working, and it is.
#10 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

Hold the on button for 5 seconds, then it will reset to the default display mode. This happened to me too, so you should be good!Jrfanfreak88

yeah, i had to find this out from one of the employees at my local gamestop, you should hear a 2nd click when you do this

#11 Posted by Chick3344 (3 posts) -
i did that already and my ps3 is not having any picture and i heard the second beep and then i picked yes and still invalid format and then i picked no but i didnt get any picture. i could hear the clicks of the ps3 when im normally using it but i have not picture at all. can someone please help me!!???!!
#12 Posted by Chick3344 (3 posts) -
can someone please help me my boobs are too big. i need someone to help me carry them. i need someone to hold and grab em all day. help meee ;)
#13 Posted by Chick3344 (3 posts) -
can someone please help me my boobs are too big. i need someone to help me carry them. i need someone to hold and grab em all day. help meee ;)Chick3344
oh and i need someone to bite and suck on them too. i need a BIG boy
#14 Posted by OutlawThaRebel (1 posts) -
I had my ps3 for about a year now but......it only work 2 months out of the year.The same ting happen to my other ps3....it has no picture. The other day i bought a new tv,to upgrade from my standard tv,i soon as i arrived home i hooked up the tv and tested oout my ps3 hopping it would work but the time i get no picture or no sound. i tried resting it but nothing happen, and dont tell me to hook it up to my old tv and change the setting because i still get no picture and plus i have change the wire multiple times...Any suggestioms?