No news on Outlast: Whistleblower DLC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CashinControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 CashinControl
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

I've become increasingly obsessed with Outlast, as I've played it over 5 times already. Word came out a while ago that the DLC Whistleblower was to be released in April and then it was confirmed on the Outlast Wiki Page that it would be April 30th... but that is the only news. No trailer? No gameplay video sample? I think there has only been one photo I've seen of a naked man licking a knife. It only makes me begin to think that Red Barrels is going to make this a very short, unappealing DLC, which would be a shame considering the praise it has received for scaring the pants off the majority of it's players. Do you think they will release any type of info revealing more of the upcoming expansion title before it's release?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

wiki is a terrible place to get your info from. it can be edited by anyone. as for new info on the dlc, you do know gamespot isn't the only gaming website, right? because a quick google search would have given you this link http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/outlast-dlc-announced-coming-to-pc-and-ps4

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I really enjoyed the game as well and I'm a little worried also because there hasn't been any word since last month about the DLC.

CashinControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CashinControl

I actually knew both of those things. It wasnt wikipedia, it was the actual Outlast Wikia, the only place I've been able to find the accurate release date. But that ign link you sent me tells me what I already know, along with the video review for the original game. I want to see things about Whistleblower besides what we already know. Which is barely anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
@cashincontrol said:

I actually knew both of those things. It wasnt wikipedia, it was the actual Outlast Wikia, the only place I've been able to find the accurate release date. But that ign link you sent me tells me what I already know, along with the video review for the original game. I want to see things about Whistleblower besides what we already know. Which is barely anything.

wikia is no different. that website can be edited by anyone too so i stand by my statement. wiki sites are terrible places to get your info from. also, if you want new info, try searching google. if you can't find any new info by searching google then there isn't any new info.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@barry000: Barry no offense but you're not being of any help right now. He's already got ALL of that information that you linked him, he wants to see a new gameplay video or trailer, something NEW that we don't already know. As @MarcRecon said since last month there hasn't been any word about the DLC which is weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

@BattleSpectre said:

@barry000: Barry no offense but you're not being of any help right now. He's already got ALL of that information that you linked him, he wants to see a new gameplay video or trailer, something NEW that we don't already know. As @MarcRecon said since last month there hasn't been any word about the DLC which is weird.

which he can get by doing a google search. why does nobody understand what google is used for?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre

@barry000 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

which he can get by doing a google search. why does nobody understand what google is used for?

Obviously he has hence this thread. He obviously couldn't find anything on Google and wants to know if the good folks on Gamespot may have heard something new about the DLC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
@BattleSpectre said:

Obviously he has hence this thread. He obviously couldn't find anything on Google and wants to know if the good folks on Gamespot may have heard something new about the DLC.

which goes back to what i said earlier. if he doesn't find any new info on google then there isn't any new info. all we can do is tell him rumors (which are false a lot of the time anyway).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre

@barry000 said:

wiki is a terrible place to get your info from. it can be edited by anyone. as for new info on the dlc, you do know gamespot isn't the only gaming website, right? because a quick google search would have given you this link http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/outlast-dlc-announced-coming-to-pc-and-ps4

This was your first post to him, it sounded arrogant and rude. No offence but you came off as a bit of a dick, all you had to do was tell him there is no new information, not be all high and mighty about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

@BattleSpectre said:

This was your first post to him, it sounded arrogant and rude. No offence but you came off as a bit of a dick, all you had to do was tell him there is no new information, not be all high and mighty about it.

if you don't like the way i said it then too bad. calling me a dick isn't going to make me change my post.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre

@barry000 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

if you don't like the way i said it then too bad. calling me a dick isn't going to make me change my post.

I said you sounded like a bit of a dick, didn't call you one. You can continue to post however you like but no one will respect you with your cocky, arrogant responses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

@BattleSpectre said:

I said you sounded like a bit of a dick, didn't call you one. You can continue to post however you like but no one will respect you with your cocky, arrogant responses.

i don't even know any of the people on this forum outside of the computer. what does respect have to do with this? i was trying to get a point across. if my point makes me sound like a dick then so what. i don't care if you don't respect me because i don't know you.

CashinControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CashinControl

@barry000 If the Wikia is so useless how come it's the only site Google gave me that has the actual release date? Plus, GameSpot doesn't even have a page for Whistleblower. As if the game wasn't in existence. I know how to research information, my question was to the reader if they think that Red Barrels will release anything new before the release date. Just a simple question, no need to get upset. @BattleSpectre understands and I thank him for it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

@cashincontrol said:

@barry000 If the Wikia is so useless how come it's the only site Google gave me that has the actual release date? Plus, GameSpot doesn't even have a page for Whistleblower. As if the game wasn't in existence. I know how to research information, my question was to the reader if they think that Red Barrels will release anything new before the release date. Just a simple question, no need to get upset. @BattleSpectre understands and I thank him for it!

i said it was a bad place to get info from. i didn't say it was useless. i don't know how good it is for walkthroughs/guides but it is a bad site to use for release dates on up coming games. as for ign not having a page for the dlc, they usually post articles related to that game on that games main page so i can see why they don't have a separate page for the dlc

CashinControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CashinControl

I didn't say ign but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a page either. It seems weird though, when I had my Borderlands 2 season pass I had every DLC on lockdown when it came to pre-release information. This game is just going to be anonymous unless they are keeping it to themselves until a later date. I usually don't go by Wikis but it was the only site with an actual date so I'm assuming at this point given the lack of resources.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

i don't know if you saw it yet but here is the update you were looking for.

http://redbarrelsgames.com/games.php

the dlc isn't coming out this month