No love for Call Of Duty 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gage_Creed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gage_Creed
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts
I dont see a lot of threads about this. What do the forums think about it?  Cuz i think this is the second best PS3 Launch title
sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts
yeah i agree wit u  
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I have the 360 version of this game and don't think it is all that hot. Call of Duty 2 was a much better game. People tend to say that Treyarch CoD games tend not to be that great. Good thing Infinity Ward is working on CoD4 right now.
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
CoD 3 was pretty good --- but it was not a major change from CoD 2, so it gets "shortchanged".
-=Mike
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Decent game, but online is where its at with most game.  And COD's lack of Headset talk hurts it and the ps3 version never got the new maps that 360 got.  But for story mode play, the game is very good compared to other ww2 games.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Personally I love the game....online has kept me satisfied.
gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamefan
Member since 2002 • 363 Posts

It was a good game but after you beat it, it's game over. The online wont keep you on with no headset support. I got it for the series though, not online. Still a good game though. I'll keep buying the series since I love WWII.

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
Ive got both systems, and would never buy a miltiplatform shooting game for the ps3 over 360. the 360s triggers makes it impossible to use ps3s shoulder buttons. i mean the triggers feel just like a real weapons trigger. who wants to shoot whilie pressing a button. if you dont think it matters pick up a real rifle and youll see what i mean.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
CoD3 is good but has a number of flaws preventing it from being all that great.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Cod3 is definetly under rated i've played it on 360 and PS3 and there isn't really any difference, just offline multiplayer.

Cod 4 should be a masterpiece, i can't wait!

kevass007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kevass007
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
great game, online is the best. personally it is the only good ps3 launch game..
bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
it is a good game, online is a lot of fun but nothing compared to RFOM
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
COD 3 is not a good game. I loved COD 2 but COD 3 was a disappointment and a total let down for me. 
Spider-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spider-X
Member since 2003 • 85 Posts
I agree thats it the 2nd best launch game, thats why I got it. IMO I like the online gameplay over Resistance, but everything else, Resistance takes the cake. No headset realllllly blows, but I can get over it for a while. I still haven't finished the single player, just playing online.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Ive got both systems, and would never buy a miltiplatform shooting game for the ps3 over 360. the 360s triggers makes it impossible to use ps3s shoulder buttons. i mean the triggers feel just like a real weapons trigger. who wants to shoot whilie pressing a button. if you dont think it matters pick up a real rifle and youll see what i mean.cLAssic_BLUE
you must have loved duck hunt huh?
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
I have the 360 version of this game and don't think it is all that hot. Call of Duty 2 was a much better game. People tend to say that Treyarch CoD games tend not to be that great. Good thing Infinity Ward is working on CoD4 right now.b11051973
CoD 4 hasnt even been announced yet as far as I know But I hope its Activision/Infinity Ward again because I think Treyarch didnt quite hit the jackpot with CoD 3
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
[QUOTE="b11051973"]I have the 360 version of this game and don't think it is all that hot. Call of Duty 2 was a much better game. People tend to say that Treyarch CoD games tend not to be that great. Good thing Infinity Ward is working on CoD4 right now.-L-U-I-S-
CoD 4 hasnt even been announced yet as far as I know But I hope its Activision/Infinity Ward again because I think Treyarch didnt quite hit the jackpot with CoD 3

People have been slinging around that COD4 is being made.

But I have this game and I can't wait to play it (getting PS3 next week)

I've seen tons of videos, screenshots and so and so on of this game, and I know I'm going to like it.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

you know im right, just too bad u dont have a 360, bum

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Meh, buttons vs triggers don't matter much to me, and I've used real guns before. As long as it's pushed, it shoots like it's susposed to on screen, I'm fine with it. Heck, mice don't have triggers, what's the difference? I play FPS all the time on PC, so it don't bug me in the slightest.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
The single player was JUST like big red one. It sucked, well i enjoyed big red ones singleplayer better but this i have no sorrow for. The online isnt that bad, but resistance is better.
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
I was very disappointed with the ps3 version of CoD 3. I thought that the Sixaxis made the game a lot more fun than its 360 counterpart. However, I was sorely disappointed in the appalling frame rate. There is absolutely no reason why the frame rate shouldn't be 60fps just like the 360 version. I feel the ps3 version was rushed and is incomplete. When I play CoD 3 on the 360 with its silky smooth frame rate and imagine using the the sixaxis along with that, I get a glimpse at what CoD 3 on the ps3 could have and should have been. I wish I could give the game back to the dev's and say "I'm not playing this until you finish it!"
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
I've been playing this game... I think it's good

It has the familiar Call of Duty gameplay that we love (if your a fan) and the sensitivity is adjustable so you don't have any problems.  The biggest issue with this game on PS3 is the inconsistent framerate - I personally feel that this title was rushed out on the PS3 platform for launch.

One interest aspect of the game is the motion minigames which are very simplistic but somewhat entertaining.  I have to admint, it is satisfying moving the SixAxis to place and detonate a charge and then watching it blow up....or manuevering the crane to drop a huge piece of scrap onto an enemy MG42 position crushing all the Nazis within..

Ahhhh victorious

Call of Duty 3 ...   8.0 / 10.0 for me

Because of the framerate I can't give it any higher... but I love my Call of Duty :) :)
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
I was very disappointed with the ps3 version of CoD 3. I thought that the Sixaxis made the game a lot more fun than its 360 counterpart. However, I was sorely disappointed in the appalling frame rate. There is absolutely no reason why the frame rate shouldn't be 60fps just like the 360 version. I feel the ps3 version was rushed and is incomplete. When I play CoD 3 on the 360 with its silky smooth frame rate and imagine using the the sixaxis along with that, I get a glimpse at what CoD 3 on the ps3 could have and should have been. I wish I could give the game back to the dev's and say "I'm not playing this until you finish it!"gruoch1
it probably was rushed for launch, along with most of the ps3's launch titles.