ninja theory get comfuse

This topic is locked from further discussion.

serph-1925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 serph-1925
Member since 2006 • 581 Posts
I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.serph-1925
yea id like a demo....september 07? where u hear that
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
didn't you hear what factor 5 said?? a game might be finish tomorrow but its sony that gets to pick a release date. so im sure that when ninja theory is done, sony will pick the right time to deliver it.:wink: but a demo wouldn't hurt either.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts
I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.serph-1925
You must be mistaken about the game having been planned to come out at the same data as PS3 because it's a European title so it won't be release before the European launch. But SCEE is already releasing two 1'st party titles, F1 and Motor Storm, for the European launch so adding Heavenly Sword would be overkill. You do not fire all your guns at once, you fire some wile letting the other reload so you get a constant rain of bullets. Also it makes ammunition destribution much easier. If you release all games at once you'll need more machines for printing discks and more trucks to bring out the games, plus all these things would be redundant in the time between destribution. A lean stream of games is to prefer over the games coming in waves. BTW, Ninja Theory gave Sony a demo quite some time ago but it haven't been shown yet, my bet goes that the demo will be released on the PS Store a little time after Motor Storm has been released.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.TE_Lawrence
You must be mistaken about the game having been planned to come out at the same data as PS3 because it's a European title so it won't be release before the European launch. But SCEE is already releasing two 1'st party titles, F1 and Motor Storm, for the European launch so adding Heavenly Sword would be overkill. You do not fire all your guns at once, you fire some wile letting the other reload so you get a constant rain of bullets. Also it makes ammunition destribution much easier. If you release all games at once you'll need more machines for printing discks and more trucks to bring out the games, plus all these things would be redundant in the time between destribution. A lean stream of games is to prefer over the games coming in waves. BTW, Ninja Theory gave Sony a demo quite some time ago but it haven't been shown yet, my bet goes that the demo will be released on the PS Store a little time after Motor Storm has been released.

f1 release in 2 weeks though...and yea i expect a demo around the euro launch
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
[QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.TE_Lawrence

Whats with the whole bit about...things being European titles...We (The United States) will have Motorstorm and F1 prior to the European launch and Japan has had both games for over a month now....It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a European title...
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.jwat4

Whats with the whole bit about...things being European titles...We (The United States) will have Motorstorm and F1 prior to the European launch and Japan has had both games for over a month now....It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a European title...

Temper temper. :| Japan had two unfinished games because Sony didn't have a single title directed at the Japanese audience. There's no doubt that the release of the European titles have been timed with the European launch. You should keep in mind that SCEA is created to make games for the American taste, SCEE is created to make games for the European audience and SCEI apart from the obvious handling of PS3 hardware makes games directed at the Japanese audience. But some times there's titles which finds markets outside their territory like GoW sells well in both America and Europe, another example would be Siren which sells I Japan and Europe.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.Miguel16

f1 release in 2 weeks though...and yea i expect a demo around the euro launch

Which is a rather smart move. North America for obvious reasons isn't a big F1 market so putting out F1 out at a time where the PS3 owners are starving for games makes a lot of sense. :)
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jwat4
[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.TE_Lawrence

Temper temper. :| Japan had two unfinished games because Sony didn't have a single title directed at the Japanese audience. There's no doubt that the release of the European titles have been timed with the European launch. You should keep in mind that SCEA is created to make games for the American taste, SCEE is created to make games for the European audience and SCEI apart from the obvious handling of PS3 hardware makes games directed at the Japanese audience. But some times there's titles which finds markets outside their territory like GoW sells well in both America and Europe, another example would be Siren which sells I Japan and Europe.

Okay..so basically what your telling me..is that this is a "special case" in which Americans are "lucky" enough to get these titles because the target market is Europeans...not Americans? It just doesnt make sense and there really isnt a lot to back up your argument... There are zero titles I know of at this point that are coming to Europe prior to the United Sates or Japan...and currently it seems that Japan is the only country getting titles exclusive made for their audience...I just dont see the connection between them being developed in Europe and the release dates of those titles in other Countries... The bottom line is there is no reason to believe that these titles are being delayed because they were developed in Europe as there is no real proof of that being the case...Motorstorm, F1, and Heavenly Sword would be titles that are interesting to gamers in all regions...the exceptions...and both Motorstorm and F1 will be in the US...prior to Europe...
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
You do not fire all your guns at once, you fire some wile letting the other reload so you get a constant rain of bullets. Also it makes ammunition destribution much easier.TE_Lawrence
Ahh....now I know your tactics so I can defeat you in our next duel :P
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TE_Lawrence

[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.jwat4

Okay..so basically what your telling me..is that this is a "special case" in which Americans are "lucky" enough to get these titles because the target market is Europeans...not Americans? It just doesnt make sense and there really isnt a lot to back up your argument... There are zero titles I know of at this point that are coming to Europe prior to the United Sates or Japan...and currently it seems that Japan is the only country getting titles exclusive made for their audience...I just dont see the connection between them being developed in Europe and the release dates of those titles in other Countries... The bottom line is there is no reason to believe that these titles are being delayed because they were developed in Europe as there is no real proof of that being the case...Motorstorm, F1, and Heavenly Sword would be titles that are interesting to gamers in all regions...the exceptions...and both Motorstorm and F1 will be in the US...prior to Europe...

Calm down or I'm not going to waste my time on you, there's plenty of silly topics on the Internet for me to choose between and I'm also quite good at creating them. :P

My point is that the European release of PS3 was postponed and for that reason the release dates for SCEE titles were also pushed back because they are meant to conquer the European market for Sony (not to act like a fanboy but Microsoft's problem is that they think Halo can conquer North America, Europe and Japan instead of dedicating developers for each taste).

Now a game is never finished, it's released. There's always details which could be brushed up (ex. the mud textures which Evo constantly has been working on making better) and elements to add. Often games have content cut to reach a certain deadline but by pushing back the release the devs got more time to implement those elements.

It would be silly of SCEE to release their titles too early when SCEA already is supposed to have the North American market covered (which they had with R-FoM), especially when the titles aren't directed at conquering that market (unless you believe F1 and Rally to be major sports there, maybe Sony could put Indycar and NASCAR pictures on the boxes).

So with the European launch being delayed it only made sense for SCEE to delay the releases of its titles to add extra polish and postpone the final rush (where extra devs are called in and every one works around the clock to reach the deadline; no matter how well prepared they are this always happens) ensuring that the games will fare even better in Europe and there by shutting the doors for the competition in that region even more (a really well polished Motor Storm will sell more PS3s than a less polished version).
SCEE with its F1, WRC, Getaway, EyeToy, Buzz, SingStar, Soccer and so on is one of the main reasons MS and Nintendo never got a foot down in Europe last gen.

I know one may think that the SCEE game release dates got nothing to do with the European launch because North America gets the games before.
But games aren't released as soon as the game code has gone gold, the games are finished in time for them to be translated before the release. After all there's a lot of languages in Europe while in North America the games are released in English (which by pure accident also is the language of the two British studios making the games; Evo. and Psygnosis) allowing for an earlier release at a time where the North American audience is starved for PS3 games and is more willing to pick up titles it would in the other case never even consider (bigger chance to establish a fanbase).

Japan:
SCEI didn't manage to have any titles besides Ridge Racer (the Japanese invented drifting as a sport) and that really bad Gundam game directed at the Japanese audience in time for the release and for that reason we saw early releases of F1 and Motor Storm there to shut the hole up to Nintendo's Wii (Racing is a big sport in Japan, especially F1).

Sorry it took so long for me to reply but I had to ensure that my post couldn't be misinterpreted as an attack on Americans.
If I wanted do something like that then I would have had posted this image:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4783/eurovsamericagz6.jpg
NB: I do in no way endorse that image nor do I find it funny, it's soly meant as an example of what an anti American would do.
There's a difference.

TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TE_Lawrence
[QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"]You do not fire all your guns at once, you fire some wile letting the other reload so you get a constant rain of bullets. Also it makes ammunition destribution much easier.fuzzysquash
Ahh....now I know your tactics so I can defeat you in our next duel :P

Ah but you haven't heard about my main tactic, runaway.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jwat4

[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="TE_Lawrence"][QUOTE="serph-1925"]I had been hearing that this games was coming out same date as the ps3 now its march 6th 07 to june 1st 07 too september 07.Im comfuse if they can let us download the demo i would be very happy what do u guys think.TE_Lawrence

Calm down or I'm not going to waste my time on you, there's plenty of silly topics on the Internet for me to choose between and I'm also quite good at creating them. :P

My point is that the European release of PS3 was postponed and for that reason the release dates for SCEE titles were also pushed back because they are meant to conquer the European market for Sony (not to act like a fanboy but Microsoft's problem is that they think Halo can conquer North America, Europe and Japan instead of dedicating developers for each taste).

Now a game is never finished, it's released. There's always details which could be brushed up (ex. the mud textures which Evo constantly has been working on making better) and elements to add. Often games have content cut to reach a certain deadline but by pushing back the release the devs got more time to implement those elements.

It would be silly of SCEE to release their titles too early when SCEA already is supposed to have the North American market covered (which they had with R-FoM), especially when the titles aren't directed at conquering that market (unless you believe F1 and Rally to be major sports there, maybe Sony could put Indycar and NASCAR pictures on the boxes).

So with the European launch being delayed it only made sense for SCEE to delay the releases of its titles to add extra polish and postpone the final rush (where extra devs are called in and every one works around the clock to reach the deadline; no matter how well prepared they are this always happens) ensuring that the games will fare even better in Europe and there by shutting the doors for the competition in that region even more (a really well polished Motor Storm will sell more PS3s than a less polished version).
SCEE with its F1, WRC, Getaway, EyeToy, Buzz, SingStar, Soccer and so on is one of the main reasons MS and Nintendo never got a foot down in Europe last gen.

I know one may think that the SCEE game release dates got nothing to do with the European launch because North America gets the games before.
But games aren't released as soon as the game code has gone gold, the games are finished in time for them to be translated before the release. After all there's a lot of languages in Europe while in North America the games are released in English (which by pure accident also is the language of the two British studios making the games; Evo. and Psygnosis) allowing for an earlier release at a time where the North American audience is starved for PS3 games and is more willing to pick up titles it would in the other case never even consider (bigger chance to establish a fanbase).

Japan:
SCEI didn't manage to have any titles besides Ridge Racer (the Japanese invented drifting as a sport) and that really bad Gundam game directed at the Japanese audience in time for the release and for that reason we saw early releases of F1 and Motor Storm there to shut the hole up to Nintendo's Wii (Racing is a big sport in Japan, especially F1).

Sorry it took so long for me to reply but I had to ensure that my post couldn't be misinterpreted as an attack on Americans.
If I wanted do something like that then I would have had posted this image:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4783/eurovsamericagz6.jpg
NB: I do in no way endorse that image nor do I find it funny, it's soly meant as an example of what an anti American would do.
There's a difference.

Well despite the apparence that I maybe a little "fired up" over this topic I am not...Im just feel that the release dates have a lot less to do with the Location of the developer and a lot more to do with Business politics and Sony as a whole deciding when they want things to be released...

I understand your point...I get what your saying..I just dont think the argument about them being delayed as a result of them being developed in Europe is a very valid one...

And Yes with your "Attack on Americans" I see that difference all the time...we have our fair share of...things that are not so nice to look at...got to love McDonald's....but at the same time we also have Playboy Bunnies and Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders to make up for it...