This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tepni (3214 posts) -

Who has played the demo? What do you think of it?

I haven't yet! I am going to tonight! I am so excited for this game.

Ni No Kuni Trailer

I think it's going to become one of my favorites of ALL TIME. YEAH!

#2 Posted by Apocalypse324 (1486 posts) -

Havent played the demo yet, but this is definately my most anticipated game of next year...havent been this excited for a game since Demons Souls

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (29420 posts) -

Played the first part of the demo a few minutes ago. Nice visuals and the battle system is good once you get the hang of it. Took me two times to beat the guardian of the woods because I didn't know I could move around during battle the first time. I'd suggest not using your little fighter and just fight him yourself and use magic to heal and to use spells on him.

I was already sold on the game before even trying the demo.

#4 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -
Putting a command menu in a real-time battle is annoying. Overall the game feels very slow. The demo changed the status from preorder to waiting until very cheap.
#5 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

I played the demo at Eurogamer and loved it. I've got the Wizard's Edition pre-ordered, can't wait!

#6 Posted by skp_16 (3854 posts) -

Putting a command menu in a real-time battle is annoying. Overall the game feels very slow. The demo changed the status from preorder to waiting until very cheap.Reptylus

You can actually run around while maneuvering the commands by LR/R2.

I game is faster than I thought.

Day 1 buy for me!

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (22598 posts) -

I was 50/50 on the demo, the first part was actually boring while the second part of the demo I actually enjoyed.

#8 Posted by Renzokucant (3133 posts) -
FANTASTIC DEMO! go play now!
#9 Posted by pspitus (2396 posts) -

A lot of people have been telling me that the game, or at least the demo :P, is amazing! Plus, it's being co=developed with Studio Ghibli, same people who made Spirtied Away.. :o

This game is worth looking into :)

#10 Posted by tepni (3214 posts) -
FANTASTIC DEMO! go play now!Renzokucant
I just played it! I loved it! I loved hearing it in Japanese over Enligsh :p But yeah, fighting was confusing at first.
#11 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -

[QUOTE="Reptylus"]Putting a command menu in a real-time battle is annoying. Overall the game feels very slow. The demo changed the status from preorder to waiting until very cheap.skp_16

You can actually run around while maneuvering the commands by LR/R2.

I was well aware of that when I wrote my comment. Actually, if I were not able to move freely the combat system had been a little better, imo. Moving around while browsing the battle commands is exactly the part that annoys me that much. If they let me move in real time they should assign the copmmands to buttons that I can press in real time. It's not like they're occupied with something else.

BTW; when I said slow I didn't mean the battles. Everything else feels awefully slow.