Next Mass Effect game to be a generational leap in graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The graphic seems to be even better than those of Dragon Age Inquisition. That seems insane to me, as the DA already looks amazing now from all the videos.

Link

Today I had a chance to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition at Gamescom, and to chat with BioWare Creative Development Senior Director Alistair McNally, who is also working on the nextMass Effect.

While Dragon Age: Inquisition definitely looked impressive running on PC (and you’ll learn all about it in a dedicated preview soon) McNally was very clear in mentioning that the nextMass Effect looks a generation beyond the upcoming fantasy game visuals-wise.

That’s because Dragon Age: Inquisition is still a cross-generation game, and there are a lot of factors limiting the current generation version due to the fact that the gameplay needs to be the same on old-gen consoles.

The next Mass Effect (unfortunately I could not convince McNally to reveal its actually title, to the surprise of no one, even if he did confirm that the previously leaked code name Mass Effect: Contact was indeed used by BioWare, but it’s not the official title) will not suffer from the same issue, so BioWare will be able to complete the generational leap.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

The last Mass Effect game was on last generation consoles so I'm glad to hear the Mass Effect on current generation consoles will be graphically better. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

The last Mass Effect game was on last generation consoles so I'm glad to hear the Mass Effect on current generation consoles will be graphically better. :P

Well the article was refering to Dragon Age, it's going to be a generational leap over Dragon Age

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride: Ah, well still not that surprising since it is a cross-gen game.. And a producer saying their next game is going to have stellar graphics is nothing new.

Anyhow, hope the next ME game is good, wonder if that will be a 2016 game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride: Ah, well still not that surprising since it is a cross-gen game.. And a produce saying their next game is going to have stellar graphics is nothing new.

Anyhow, hope the next ME game is good, wonder if that will be a 2016 game.

oh, i thought it was only coming for next gen

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW

To clarify I mean it's not surprising because Dragon Age is a cross-gen game.. But yeah, I really hope the next ME game is current gen only.. If it comes out 2015 I bet it's cross-gen, if it is 2016 I could see it be current gen only.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Just great Bioware... get me even more excited and then make me wait an eternity!!!

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Just great Bioware... get me even more excited and then make me wait an eternity!!!

thats Bioware, it felt like a decade waiting for Mass Effect 3 after I finished 2

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

If Bioware is abandoning PS360, then yeah, I believe they can do it.

That's what is holding games back, too many PS360 games ported to the hardware (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Rise of the Tomb Raider, etc).

I read in the link Bioware is not going to be shackled to 2005 old hardware for the next Mass Effect, so that's good news if true.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

To clarify I mean it's not surprising because Dragon Age is a cross-gen game.. But yeah, I really hope the next ME game is current gen only.. If it comes out 2015 I bet it's cross-gen, if it is 2016 I could see it be current gen only.

i think it's going to be 2015 fall at the earliest, so i expect 2016 release