New to the playstation universe

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Just got a ps4. Never owned a ps2 or ps3. Owned a PS1 briefly. I got the last of us and the show right now. I will be getting Destiny on PS4 but the majority of 3rd party games I will get on my xbone because that is where a majority of my friends play on. So the question I wan't to ask is this, what are the key dates for PS4 this year? Exclusives? Also if you think a game will be way better on ps4 than on xbone then I am all ears.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Check in February for The Order: 1886 and Bloodborne, as those are the two major exclusives coming out with a set date.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Not really anything as far as exclusives for the rest of the year.. Drive Club is coming. BloodBorne looks amazing though, that is Feb 2015 I think.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Exclusives? Drive club and The Order

Multiplatform?

The evil within, Call of duty Advanced warfare, AC unity, Far cry 4, Dragon age Inquisition, The crew, Project cars - All come out in the remainder of 2014.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I've always found the Playstation Brand to be a great Single player Experience and I class the Xbox as being the multiplayer console, I know of course that's all changed slightly with this new era but I still find that Exclusive games are still aimed at the single player experience for a change, this year there isn't that much on the exclusive front, but that goes for both consoles really,

DriveClub and Little Big Planet 3 are the biggest ones, I think there a good few indies coming this year but on a AAA games front thats all were getting, it's still ok, next year is where it's at

The Order 1886
BloodBourne
Uncharted 4

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I said this in another thread:

Get PS+. That might help you find some fun games.

It works for me, and you get a better value if you own a PS3 and or PSVita.

I have an Xbone, but it's only for exclusives this generation due to performance.

----

To date the PS4 has gotten 16 free PS+ games. That's pretty good considering the service isn't a year old yet, but as I said above I still play my PS3/PC more since I always play my last gen consoles more than my new consoles that first launch year. Same for launch year SNES, I was playing my NES more. Same for launch 1995-1996 PS1, I played SNES more. Same for the launch year 2000-2001 PS2, I played the PS1 more. Same for launch year 2006-2007 PS3, I was still playing my PS2 more. Same now for launch year 2013-2014 PS4, I'm still playing my PS3 more. Eventually the new consoles take over of course, but this is the price I pay as a new console launch buyer every generation.

To give you an idea of the competition as I own an Xbone. To date the Xbone has gotten only 6 free GwG XBLG games. The PS4 having 10 more games to play over the competition seems pretty good all things considered with at least two games free a month on the PS4 side of things.

The 16 PS4 free PS+ games were:

1Contrast
2Resogun
3Don't Starve
4Outlast
5Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
6Mercenary Kings
7Stick It to the Man!
8PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
9Trine 2: Complete Story
10Doki-Doki Universe
11Strider
12TowerFall: Ascension
13Fez
14Road Not Taken
15Sportsfriends
16Velocity 2X
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Put_in_Kitna: If you never have owned a PS2 or PS3 you should check out Journey, and other exclusives to Sony. Also check out Driveclub if you like racing games. The Order and Bloodborne will be coming aswell as other titles in the near future

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I will be getting PS Plus. I figured most of the exclusive games will be out next year so not sure how much I will play my ps4 this year aside from Destiny.