NEW! Tekken 6 UPDATE! Here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts

Well, we finally got a proper update to Tekken 6. Some light has been shed upon the game.

There are 2 new charcaters called Zafina and Leo.

Some Info :

Shocker from the land of raw fish and tofu. Something big actually happened at one of those Japanese arcade shows where nothing big usually happens. How big? How about the proper debut of the sixth entry in a certain Namco fighting series?

That's right, Tekken 6 showed face at the AOU arcade expo in Japan today, ending a lengthy silence that followed the underwhelming trailer clip that introduced the game as a PlayStation 3 title back at last year's E3.

So is Tekken 6 a PlayStation 3 game, or an arcade game? The answer will likely be both! The game will debut sometime in 2007 as the first arcade game to use a new arcade board based off the PlayStation 3 hardware. News of a PS3-based arcade board is news in of itself, as it's the first time such a project has been mentioned. Presumably, ports to the PS3 itself will be simple, meaning Tekken 6 is as good as confirmed for home release.

The footage showed at AOU consisted of a trailer, followed by a brief interview with director Katsuhiro Hirada. Hirada was also director of Tekken 5, so this latest entry in the series appears to be in good hands.

Based on Hirada's comments during the interview, Team Tekken will be retaining for Tekken 6 the elements of Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection that were received well by players. Hirada promised the greatest character count the series has ever seen, along with heavily customizable character costumes. He also made mention of greater interactivity in the stages.

Two new characters were introduced in the AOU trailer. Zafina is a female character whose moves Hirada likened to that of a spider. Leo is a German character whom Hirada expects beginners and experienced players alike to enjoy.

The E3 Tekken 6 teasaer clip shocked many with how terrible it looked, especially compared to the pre-rendered teaser clip Namco had shown at the E3 before. The footage shown today, which we presume is represenative of how the final game will look, looks a lot better than the E3 clip, but doesn't stand up to Sega's Virtua Fighter 5 in terms of detail and lighting. The game does run in high definition, although we're not sure if that means 1080p or 720p.

But don't take our word for it. Namco has made the trailer available in streaming format at its website. Click here to start the Windows Media 9 stream. We've also uploaded our own version of the trailer, which we grabbed with the IGN spy cam off the show floor. The quality isn't the greatest, but you should get an idea of what the game will look like.

As to how it will play. Well, there is that little bonus footage at the end of the trailer showing one of the characters firing a gun. We're expecting a few surprises when Tekken 6 arrives in arcades later this year.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
It doesn't look quite as good as VF5 but it is getting there. Hopefully they will continue to improve on the graphics, but at the end of the day it always comes down to the gameplay and tekken has got that in spades. I'm just surprised that tekken doesn't look as good or better than VF5 as every tekken 3 and 5 both pushed the limits of the PS1 and PS2. Maybe we'll see the same if they make a Tekken 7(which they probably will)
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Is the game online multiplayer? If not I wouldn't want it.
masterchef1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 masterchef1000
Member since 2006 • 6279 Posts
Is the game online multiplayer? If not I wouldn't want it.Deihmos
why? it's still a good game
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deihmos
Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 onemic
Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.Deihmos
and that's why doa4 must be the best fighter ever created :roll:
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.onemic

I don't understand where that came from but OK.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
Is the game online multiplayer? If not I wouldn't want it.Deihmos
Not unless they change the gameplay mechanics.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T-Zone
Oh, and in my experience, a Tekken game never came close to the sheer, realistic visuals that Virtua fighter brought...
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 T-Zone
Another website : http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/index.html
azzuri09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 azzuri09
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts
the graphics of the game is good but it will defintly improve alot.Tekken tag tounament was gr8 in graphics but it was the first for ps2 and they improved it alot with tekken 4,5...
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 T-Zone
^ what he's saying is, Tekken 6 will be the first TRUE Tekken game for the Ps3. So of course, it's gon look not as good as you're expecting it to be. Namco Bandai is still gettin used to working with the Ps3. You'll see a true Visuals upgrade when TEKKEN TAG 2 or Tekken 7 comes out.
yohanjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 yohanjr
Member since 2005 • 1411 Posts
you now know that there were 2 new characters lol. the girl looks drunk(drunken fist)lol.
risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]T-Zone

Hes a guy
Ago77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ago77
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
There you go! Two threads for Tekken now.
kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kelindas02
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts
did anyone else get hype when at the end of the trailer, Bryan fury pulls out a shotty, and bucks his opponent down?

needless to say, i can't wait to see this game in the arcades.
Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts

In my opinion the jump in graphics isn't that big.

Tekken 3 to Tekken Tag Tournament you could see the jump in graphics immediately. Even on a low quality video.

With the Tekken 5/ Dark res. to Tekken 6, the jump isn't that big. Tekken 6 should look better than VF5, because it's PS3 exclusive and developed around the PS3 hardware.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
you now know that there were 2 new characters lol. the girl looks drunk(drunken fist)lol.yohanjr

That is not Druken Fist
sheddi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sheddi1
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
I love tekken, this game is like tekken tag wait till its like tekken 5...if u understand what i mean :P
l-town4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 l-town4l
Member since 2004 • 894 Posts
I hope this game is online, then it would truly be the greatest 3d fighter. For now i give it up to DOA4
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.Deihmos

I made that as there are very few fighters that are online and the only good current gen one is DOA(which isn't even close to being one of the best fighters in general) Games like VF5, tekken, soul calibur, etc. Are the best in their class and they don't have online play. It seems that you consider any fighting that doesn't have online to suck and any that does to be godly. This alone leaves very few fighters to choose from seeing as most don't have online play.(MK, DOA, and smaurai shodown V are the only current gen fighting games that come to mind that have online)
l-town4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 l-town4l
WOW THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING. IM SO HYPED FOR TEKKEN 6
Avatar image for Sugarcane_Spear
Sugarcane_Spear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sugarcane_Spear
Member since 2003 • 193 Posts
cant anyone have this as a downloaded version or put this on youtube coz streaming sucks with my inet,I cant see it clearly it keeps on glitching :(
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I cant wait to play it been a huge fan since Tekken 2
Final_Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Final_Infinity
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Here: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1673

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T-Zone
Actually, I was kinda caught off guard when I saw Bryan pull at a Shotgun...
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts
I think it looks better than VF5 ( which is a gorgeous game to begin with ), at least the characters don't shine excesively, they look much more realistic. And saying that it only looks a little better than Tekken 5 is pretty dumb given the high quality mapping and mind blowing enviromental geometry and poly count. Also the heavily tweaked animations make the action flow more realistically, which is the most important thing.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.Deihmos

He just has issues cause you obviously own a 360 ( your sig). He's so quick to get defensive.. I have had to deal with his comments too.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 T-Zone
Honestly, I don't like Zafina and Leo, although we dont know much about them. I want another Fighter (male). The question is, what will be this guy's fighting style?
hellscovern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hellscovern
Member since 2003 • 2872 Posts
looks ok.. i always found VF to have better graphics than Tekken but Tekken to have the better gameplay imo.. but there is still time to improve things. 
Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.CJMcDursty

I made that as there are very few fighters that are online and the only good current gen one is DOA(which isn't even close to being one of the best fighters in general) Games like VF5, tekken, soul calibur, etc. Are the best in their class and they don't have online play. It seems that you consider any fighting that doesn't have online to suck and any that does to be godly. This alone leaves very few fighters to choose from seeing as most don't have online play.(MK, DOA, and smaurai shodown V are the only current gen fighting games that come to mind that have online)

VF 5 on the 360 will have online:D why doesn't the PS3???

If you want to lie and make up facts, you can go to System Wars.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.Cellien

He just has issues cause you obviously own a 360 ( your sig). He's so quick to get defensive.. I have had to deal with his comments too.

No you had to deal with such comments due to the blind fanboyism in your posts and direct lies. It makes me puke when people use MGS as flameshield for their trolling, especially when it's people who never even played MGS.
kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kelindas02
Leo's fighting style is the same as Akira from Virtua fighter i believe...
Ago77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ago77
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
Leo's fighting style is the same as Akira from Virtua fighter i believe...kelindas02
Nahhh...
kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kelindas02
actually... yeah.. I believe it is.
l-town4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 l-town4l

actually... yeah.. I believe it is.kelindas02

I think your right

captainhowdy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 captainhowdy23
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

AHH this gamne looks horrible and the gameplay looks the same namco can do better than this :(. They better do something with this crap it dosen't look next-gen at all I'm very upset at this tekken games have always looked and played incredible and the new characters look uninteresting they can do alot better than this. If nothing changes or if they don't put the game back I won't be buying this :evil:.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

Is 2 new characters the only thing that is new about the game besides new stages?  I was hoping for online play with destructible environments.  I get tried of playing against the computer did that for about 7 or 8 months with Tekken 5. 

If Tekken 6 doesn't include more to the game like online play, I won't be buying the game brand new and will just simply wait for a price drop till it goes down to about $20 or $30.  Don't get me wrong I think Tekken is the best fighting game since street fighter but it would be very wise to include online play this time around with the series.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 onemic
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.Cellien

yaaa..... Too bad you've been embarrassed by me multiple times. Please don't make it happen again. And just for your information wiseguy I put up the reason I made that comment in the post above you.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 onemic

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]Playing against the computer is boring as hell and I don't have people over to play video games. Did that when I was in high school when we all lived close to each other. Most of my friends that play games live all over the world now. That's why online play is so important.CJMcDursty

VF 5 on the 360 will have online:D why doesn't the PS3???

uhhh the 360 veersion isn't getting online either. Why must you make up lies for?
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 T-Zone
Listen people, another new Tekken 6 character is Jack-6!
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 onemic
Listen people, another new Tekken 6 character is Jack-6!T-Zone
there will always be a new jack depending on the version of tekken. The way you can customize your characters in this game looks really interesting though.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Is it just me, or does Zafina looks like a certain X-Play host :?
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts

Is 2 new characters the only thing that is new about the game besides new stages?  I was hoping for online play with destructible environments.  I get tried of playing against the computer did that for about 7 or 8 months with Tekken 5. 

If Tekken 6 doesn't include more to the game like online play, I won't be buying the game brand new and will just simply wait for a price drop till it goes down to about $20 or $30.  Don't get me wrong I think Tekken is the best fighting game since street fighter but it would be very wise to include online play this time around with the series.

odin2019
I'd do the same thing if it didnt have on line.
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
Is it just me, or does Zafina looks like a certain X-Play host :?Sim_genius

I don't know but she look fine as heck. what do you guys think?
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 T-Zone
Is it just me, or does Zafina looks like a certain X-Play host :?Sim_genius
Would you be talkin about the Sess?