New store is horrible!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Mine just upgraded and I wish there was a way to downgrade. The new Playstation Store is the worst online store I've ever seen.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
For some reason I can't navigate through my PS Store. It gives me a connection error message even though my connection is fine since it lets me sign in and play online. Sony needs to learn to leave things alone because the original PS Store was awesome and just fine the way it was.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The-Apostle
For some reason I can't navigate through my PS Store. It gives me a connection error message even though my connection is fine since it lets me sign in and play online. Sony needs to learn to leave things alone because the original PS Store was awesome and just fine the way it was.flowersjf
Yup... If I didn't have a headache already it would've given me one. Plus, Resident Evil 5 appeared to be free for PS+ subscribers but when I went to download it it made me pay. WTF?!
nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
[QUOTE="flowersjf"]For some reason I can't navigate through my PS Store. It gives me a connection error message even though my connection is fine since it lets me sign in and play online. Sony needs to learn to leave things alone because the original PS Store was awesome and just fine the way it was.The-Apostle
Yup... If I didn't have a headache already it would've given me one. Plus, Resident Evil 5 appeared to be free for PS+ subscribers but when I went to download it it made me pay. WTF?!

You ended up paying money? I immediately knew it was gonna charge me after it still said 29.99$ when I selected it.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Yep :(

nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
That's a definite screw-up on Sony's end. I downloaded the trial so that I'll just be able to immediately play after I download it and install it. Of course, being able to play after I finish the 60 minutes.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="flowersjf"]For some reason I can't navigate through my PS Store. It gives me a connection error message even though my connection is fine since it lets me sign in and play online. Sony needs to learn to leave things alone because the original PS Store was awesome and just fine the way it was.nobodylive

You ended up paying money? I immediately knew it was gonna charge me after it still said 29.99$ when I selected it.

I'm on the phone with them now. They said it's an issue they're aware of, so when I asked for a refund they put me on hold. They came back, took my info and submitted a refund request. :D
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="nobodylive"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Yup... If I didn't have a headache already it would've given me one. Plus, Resident Evil 5 appeared to be free for PS+ subscribers but when I went to download it it made me pay. WTF?!

I'm on the phone with them now. They said it's an issue they're aware of, so when I asked for a refund they put me on hold. They came back, took my info and submitted a refund request. :D

Even though you got your refund, you still shouldn't have gone through all of that stress.
peace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peace69
Member since 2004 • 516 Posts
I don't mind the new store, I didn't think the old one was all that great so not a huge deal for me. I hope they fix the resident evil thing, I was just about to go download it.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Mine just upgraded and I wish there was a way to downgrade. The new Playstation Store is the worst online store I've ever seen.

The-Apostle

It's not horrible, all you need to do is spend little time and educate yourself with the new layout. I spent good hour looking into it and in all honesty it works fine.

Each to its own I guess but I don't mind it.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

It's even worse than the old store.....

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I don't care about the design but the store itself seems to move slowly from time to time even though I have an ethernet connection

peace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 peace69
Member since 2004 • 516 Posts
I just got error (80710D23) trying to go into it and it froze my ps3 =(
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="flowersjf"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="nobodylive"] You ended up paying money? I immediately knew it was gonna charge me after it still said 29.99$ when I selected it.

Even though you got your refund, you still shouldn't have gone through all of that stress.

The guy said there was no guarantee I'd get the refund. If I don't I call false advertising.
HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Sony really needs to hire someone who knows what the f*ck is going on, this is really a mess. The old layout was easier to navigate and more user friendly, who's idea was this?? It's absolutely terrible.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Not particularly fond of it either. I preferred the old layout and it just seems much more cumbersome to do something basic like download a free demo. You have to add it to the cart and then go through like 4-5 more menus before you can get to the download screen. I don't remember having to go through all that before. It also seems to load noticeably slower than before too. Hope this is something they can improve on, but I wish they gave us an option on the new store or old store.
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

I think the redesign was one of the best choices they've made. It's very compelling to visit now, everything feels exciting due to the slick background pictures and how they shift. It's like going into a store then seeing games on the shelf - maybe not ones you're going there specifically to purchase and being tempted to pick one up. This will help them profit and that's why it was designed this way. Pictures are worth thousands of words, that's why people generally prefer video reviews - it's more engaging. The search while I thought it odd at first, it's supposed to make it where you never have to choose more than 3 letters to find what you're looking for which has worked so far.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I love the new store design, for me it's a great improvement over the last store.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
It's slow and clunky :(
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I find it hard to find stuff myself and it loads slower...
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I don't mind it, really. The first time I loaded the new store it took a bit, but now it comes up just as fast as the old one, and I find the layout and print size/ magnification of art to be an improvement. Over-all, I think it's fine. You're just resistant to change (I'm guilty of it too)... Let it soak for a bit.

:)

biscuits3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 biscuits3
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

So far I'm really torn on it. Aesthetically, it is definitely nicer, but I have a few nagging complaints. I miss the old dedicated "PlayStation Plus" section, so I could immediately go to it and see what's new. Also, the new checkout and download system seems like far too many steps, and I miss the (relative) simplicity it had before. Further, the thing is sloooow for me. It takes longer to load and things don't pop up as smoothly as they used to. And, as much as I like the new search system, I wish there was still an option for using the digital keyboard rather than scrolling through letter by letter (that's just a niggling complaint, though). Overall I'm alright with the update, I just wish it was a bit smoother.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It's another matter of style over substance. I always prefer a clean and easy to navigate interface over one that looks sleek and gorgeous but is cluttered and moves slowly.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Yeah is sucks. Way more work for the same results.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I find it hard to find stuff myself and it loads slower...jordonj
Agree it's slower but it's even slower when trying to read everything on the page. They are not all inline or on the same line so I have look up down, left right bouncing all over the screen trying to read all the titles on the screen.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I have had an easier time finding add-ons. Maybe it will be okay after all...
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#27 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I wouldn't mind if there was a list option for added DLC and demos, instead it's just blaring advertisements. Not a fan, must admit.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The old one was simple to navigate and find things. The new one you have to search through pic after pic that are large. And it loads much slower.

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
Rioichi21Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Rioichi21Cooper
Member since 2012 • 246 Posts

It's really slow and hard to navigate, I hate it.

danielfadel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danielfadel
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I disagree. At the start it was hard to find new games, but now it is pretty good
JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

The more I go there and check it out, the better it gets for me.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#32 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I like how Sony made the new store layout even slower than it was before:roll:

Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
I like what they are going for but it will take time for them to polish it up.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I find it hard to find stuff myself and it loads slower...jordonj

Not to mention when you enter Online Pass Codes or similiar now you have to add the hyphens MANUALLY! o_O

And yeah, I absolutely agree with it's being horrible! The old was way better. At least they should bring back a normal search function.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#35 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

When I first loaded it up it seemed a lot slower and would give me an error messazge and not load some games within the navigation. I'm sure Sony is working on bug fixes for it.

Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

Haha,,yea, I don't feel like checking to see whats new anymore~

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

The new PS Store is awful. Its difficult to find all the new releases without ending up in a screen full of every unsorted possibility on the store. Then I went to the Vita channel and they dont appear to have a screen for just Vita games. The All Vita Games selection shows you Vita games plus every PSP, PS1, and Mini compatible with the Vita. I just want to see the Vita specific releases and couldnt figure it out haha.

The best way to navigate is to do a specific search for the item you want. That doesnt help though when just generically looking for new releases.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I like the look of it. It is, however, less than functional. It's much slower than the old store and there seem to be twice as many button presses required to buy/PS+ something.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#39 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I totally agree.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clr84651

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF FIXING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T BROKE. AND THE RESULT IS NOW IT IS WORSE!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clr84651

Why did Sony think people needed to see pics the size of playing cards scattered across the TV screen? And the time the store takes to load when you start it up is another issue. They tried to make it fancier and instead made it more encumber-some/difficultto use.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
am I the only one who likes the new interface?
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
the new store is so slow and hard to navigate. i hate it. i wonder how many hours ive wasted on sony loading screens
GT_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GT_33
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

New store is a POS - What is Sony thinking these days?

This combined with the horrible PS Vita support, the non-advertising of their exclusives, and no price decrease on the Super Slim makes me wonder what the h3ll is going on there...

Sony's digging its own grave

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Navigating through the store is more of a chore with the new one. The search wants to find every other title aside from the one I'm looking for. I was fine with "browse by letter".

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts
the new store is so slow and hard to navigate. i hate it. i wonder how many hours ive wasted on sony loading screensgrand17
lmao I know right.
Darkeroid2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darkeroid2212
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

I like it.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

ok so mines not the only one thats slow. i've got a pretty good internet connection and it still takes a minute, it reminds me of back in the day old school dsl / high speed dial up where the web page would pop up then a second or 2 later the pictures and text etc would start filling in.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

am I the only one who likes the new interface? Novotine

What the txt of this meme again? You're one among 6 billion people on the world. NO you're NOT the...

...though, wait a sec...in THIS case you MIGHT very well BE the only one O.O

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

works right for me, very glad you can choose a game or demo and go back to the main menu without waiting 20 seconds for nothing like before ; have just downloaded a demo so I haven't tried everything yet

ah and another nice thing is you can put more than one thing in your basket - having to buy things one by one was a pain