gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I got a PS3 controller back in late December, and it has recently started doing this annoying thing where if I'm walking or running, my character gets pushed to the left a little bit. Even if I'm driving, the vehicle gets pushed slightly to the left. It sometimes happens a few times in a row. It's damn irritating. Returning it to Target is a pipe dream considering the packaging is long gone and the last available return date was 1/29/2015.

I think it's a left analog stick problem. I've dropped the controller maybe one time, but the problem was there beforehand. I bought a new controller because the other one I have has the left stick pointing slightly up permanently from playing FPS games a lot, which makes my character move forward even if I'm not touching the controller. Yet this new controller problem is three times more annoying. Luckily I didn't trash my other one.

Has anyone here experienced this problem or a similar one? Any idea how it could be fixed? I'm scared to take it a part because I might screw it up even more, but if it can be fixed, I'll probably try it. Why PS3 controllers are still $55 is beyond me. Really annoyed right now. :(

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Sounds like the potentiometer is damaged just like in your other one, fixing it is easy, get the potentiometer, they cost about 3 dollars but you need to unweld the old one from the board and weld the new one, in theory any radio/ electronics technician can do the job.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

Don't you have a full warranty for that controller? Turn it in at the store you bought it from, they will probably fix it for you.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

Someone on Ebay can do the welding.