Need help on using Vanilla Mastercard for PSN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -

Ok I just bought a Vanilla Mastercard giftcard to use on PSN. I registered it on the vanilla mastercard website and the info matches my PSN info perfectly.

Now I'm trying to register the card on PSN and now I have a few questions.

What do I put for cardholder's name? My name that I provided on PSN/Vanilla Mastercard or the name on the card itself which is, A GIFT FOR YOU.

Secondly it says valid through 07/12 is that month/day or month/year or what?

Thanks any help is appreciated i'm getting pretty frustrated.

#2 Posted by samuraiguns (11588 posts) -

Gift Cards dont work. (From My Experience)

Only Credit/Debit or PSN Cards.

So why did'nt you get a PSN card?

#3 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -

Because none of stores have them, i live in canada.

And people said the gift cards do work.

#4 Posted by samuraiguns (11588 posts) -

Crap you live in Canada....Mhmmm.....

Hold on until CanadianCR or QuebecSuperstar see this topic, they can help, I live in the U.S...

Sorry for wasting your time.

#6 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -
Ya no problem dude, I'm still contemplating why sony didn't give out PSN cards in canada.
#7 Posted by samuraiguns (11588 posts) -

Ok I just bought a Vanilla Mastercard giftcard to use on PSN. I registered it on the vanilla mastercard website and the info matches my PSN info perfectly.

Now I'm trying to register the card on PSN and now I have a few questions.

What do I put for cardholder's name? My name that I provided on PSN/Vanilla Mastercard or the name on the card itself which is, A GIFT FOR YOU.

Secondly it says valid through 07/12 is that month/day or month/year or what?

Thanks any help is appreciated i'm getting pretty frustrated.

Unethikal

That is month/year. ALWAYS.

#8 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -
Yeah that's what I figured but it still doesn't work. Everything matches perfectly, postal code, name, adress everything arghh!!!!!
#9 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -
bump
#10 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -
bubuubumopb
#11 Posted by 207103154018638488030416283915 (174 posts) -

Does any debit card work anyone know? IM from Canada too so im pretty much screwed when it comes to psn games...

#12 Posted by Unethikal (19 posts) -

Debiit cards do work only if you have the visa or mastercard logos on them and the card number is 16 digits.

I do not have one of these though.

Damn it SONY release the damn PSN cards in Canada!

#13 Posted by 207103154018638488030416283915 (174 posts) -
Wow what a big letdown 2 of my debit cards dont have the visa or mastercard logos lol -__-
#14 Posted by tparsons5150 (43 posts) -

Vanilla MasterCards Will/Do work in Canada. I'm in Ontario & I've used a $100 and $50 card with my PSN account b4. The only thing is Sony Charges $1 for verification however this will be returned to the account after a week or so.

Set your Billing Address to be exactly the same as your registered PSN address and use the Same name on your PSN account.

My only problem with the damn things is I got a 25mins drive just to get One when I want it. Sucks living in a god forsaken hick town

#15 Posted by killzone54 (122 posts) -

So if you are just trying to add funds using your mastercard giftcard all you have to do is go to account management, add funds to wallet. Then when it asks you to enter your credit card info. Choose credit card. Then say your name is A gift for you like it says on the card. enter the number pin on the back etc...and also the expiration date which is that valid until date. Then it should add like a normal card. You billing should be the same as your psn...Then you got money on psn like me. Or at least it worked for me...

#16 Posted by tparsons5150 (43 posts) -

So if you are just trying to add funds using your mastercard giftcard all you have to do is go to account management, add funds to wallet. Then when it asks you to enter your credit card info. Choose credit card. Then say your name is A gift for you like it says on the card. enter the number pin on the back etc...and also the expiration date which is that valid until date. Then it should add like a normal card. You billing should be the same as your psn...Then you got money on psn like me. Or at least it worked for me...

killzone54

you can use your own name as your registered it with your PSN account,. seriously you don't really put your name as A Gift For You ?,. do you?

Also for These Cards I don't put in any billing info I leave it blank, though actually I did put it in on one occassion but left it blankthe next time both works with these cards

#17 Posted by killzone54 (122 posts) -
[QUOTE="killzone54"]

tparsons5150

you can use your own name as your registered it with your PSN account,. seriously you don't really put your name as A Gift For You ?,. do you?

Also for These Cards I don't put in any billing info I leave it blank, though actually I did put it in on one occassion but left it blankthe next time both works with these cards

Yea I did, it was weird when I did so, but they still accept it and it didn't cost me that 1$ for Sony to verify cause it was actually under a gift for you lol They just added the funds

#18 Posted by tparsons5150 (43 posts) -
The $1 Verification charge is a Hidden charge done the moment you add the Card to your PSN you dont evne have to use it for it to occur, I'm gonna assume it was charged to you too you were just not aware of it