need for speed most wanted cross buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kounterfeit (82 posts) -

any word yet if the ps3 version comes with a code for vita? i heard from a couple of places that it MIGHT happen. just want to know because if not i want to get it from the microsoft store on line because the have a good pre-order deal for it thanks

#2 Posted by MrBlobz (299 posts) -
I sure hope so, I probably won't buy it if its not cross buy. I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
#3 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Highly duobt it since it's 3rd party. Sony hasn't completely fleshed out cross-buy yet, if the recent TGS conference is any indication (free for some, discounted x-buy for others).

#4 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -

It sounds more like a diplomatic PR answer, but an EA rep told IGN, "We're taking it under consideration," and that they don't have any specific plans at this time.

#5 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

It sounds more like a diplomatic PR answer, but an EA rep told IGN, "We're taking it under consideration," and that they don't have any specific plans at this time.

Granpire

Coming from EA this literally means "HELL NO, what are you thinking stealing out profit?"

#6 Posted by rockydog1111 (2063 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that it will mainly be Sony 1st party doing this. EA giving something away for free is very rare.

#7 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
The way Sony's doing it with bigger titles is different than giving it away for free, though. PSASBR costs $50 on PS3(with a voucher for the Vita version), and $40 on the Vita. The difference is that the Vita game alone isn't cross-buy, so it's likely worth it to buy the game on PS3 for the extra $10. I don't see EA giving the game away for free, but I can see them going for the extra $10 to get both versions.