Natural Doctrine?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Just wondering if anyone here has played the game Natural Doctrine, and what their opinions are on it. Is it really as bad as most review scores would have me believe?

I read the GS review for it, and it sounded like the reviewer knew their stuff. Still, I've always been a fan of all kinds of RPGs and strategy RPGs, so part of me is interested. Of course, I wouldn't want to pay a large sum of money for this game, and I don't want to waste my time if much better games are just around the corner on the system.

I haven't played my PS4 much in the past year, so I've been looking around at some of the games that look interesting on the catalog. Bloodborne is coming out soon, and I'm looking forward to trying that one day. Saw a couple of indies that look pretty decent, like Helldivers.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's a good game but it's one you have to meet halfway.

It's definitely in the style of old school games of it's genre but it requires you to play it's specific way. Play it like any other SRPG and you're going to hit a brick wall where you wont be able to go any further. Thing is, even if you follow it's style and play how it wants you'll die a lot early on as you learn enough how to balance skill and system.

It's hard for me to recommend because it was made for such a small section of players.

I would say watch some gameplay vids and see how it's different than normal SRPG's and then if it's to your liking I'd grab it.

The reason for the low scores is that it's low quality in some spots and that it's just not for everyone, heck it's not even for some, it's a really special player who this game is made for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Thanks for the reply, Jaysonguy.

I actually haven't gotten to check out any videos or streams for this game yet, it hadn't occurred to me even. I just discovered it was a thing yesterday, and saw some screenshots and read up on it some.

Still wonder what all will be familiar about the game, and what all will be different. I have seen it described as being a very specific kind of SRPG a few times now, but maybe I can't really grasp what people mean by that until I see the game in action or play it for myself.

Will have to find out more.