NAT type failed!! HELP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

PLEASE HELP!

I forwarded all necessary ports:

80, 443, 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658, 28960 (COD4)

Everytime I run an internet connection check:

Obtain IP Address :successful

Internet :successful

PSN :successful

UPnP: Available

NAT type: Failed (error 80130203)

I am connected wirelessly using a Netgear WGR614 G router. Does anybody have any suggestions...I would greatly appreciate it. If additional information is required, please ask.

NAT type fail video

Thanks for the help!

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Go here: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26299126
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tryfe_lyn
I have the latest firmware for the router...the only notable difference in the setup is the DNS number...you have two numbers listed but when I prompt my pc for the IP addresses, I only get one DNS number...could that have something to do with it?
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Dan_K

I have the latest firmware for the router...the only notable difference in the setup is the DNS number...you have two numbers listed but when I prompt my pc for the IP addresses, I only get one DNS number...could that have something to do with it?tryfe_lyn

No, becasue when you put the DNS numbers in manually on the PS3, you can skip the second one and proceed no issue. Are all of the ports listed in the picture linked in my thread are the same as what you've done? You can also look in your router's setup in the "status" tab for the DNS addresses, see if its different there.

What affects have the non-Nat type had on you? Can you not chat? Does it disconnect you from PSN every so often? If not, and you don't have any issues, forget about it.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tryfe_lyn

No, becasue when you put the DNS numbers in manually on the PS3, you can skip the second one and proceed no issue. Are all of the ports listed in the picture linked in my thread are the same as what you've done? You can also look in your router's setup in the "status" tab for the DNS addresses, see if its different there.

What affects have the non-Nat type had on you? Can you not chat? Does it disconnect you from PSN every so often? If not, and you don't have any issues, forget about it.

The_Dan_K

Yes...I actually saw those ports listed on another site...they have all been included in my port forwarding on my router...

I have a netgear router so the setup may be slightly different, but the only thing I see in regards to DNS setup is Dynamic DNS...and I have not set that up...I think that may be different...

The effects are being disconnected from PSN ONLY after playing a few matches in COD4...I couldn't connect to any servers when playing Warhawk...other than that, everything seems fine...I can still chat!

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
If UpNp is available, shouldn't it just work on automatic settings?
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Dan_K

Actually, from what I've seen UPnP can be a bad thing.

Make sure you have it off on the router and on the PS3.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Actually, from what I've seen UPnP can be a bad thing.

Make sure you have it off on the router and on the PS3.

The_Dan_K

It usually is, because it is easier for hackers to get in. But it can make it easier to connect to people.

But if it doesn't work with UpnP, then turn it off. It may be causing some kind of error.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tryfe_lyn

I turned off the UPnP on the router and left it on on the PS3, but still the same results...NAT type failed :(

Any more solutions...please...and thank you guys for all the help!!

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tryfe_lyn

I also wanted to see if it was the PSN or COD4 patch, so I hardwired my PS3 to my modem and it's fine (as far as I can tell). I would like to believe that it's not the modem because it was working for the first few weeks that I've had it installed, but I'm not so sure :?

I though Netgear was a good router...

Ibzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ibzu
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
Is your ip static or dynamic?
rued2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rued2k6
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
try opening those same ports on your modem and a firewall if you have one on. for some odd reason att security was blocking all these ports.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tryfe_lyn

Is your ip static or dynamic?Ibzu

dynamic...I can try making it static, but I don't see how it will change things :?

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tryfe_lyn
I just created a static ip address for my pc and no dice :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#15 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I started to have problems when I got COD 4 and the new patch. This was this last week. On Monday I started having problems and none of my games would go online. All day tuesday I dinked around forwarding ports, updating the router;s firmware, and disabling upnp. The thing that finally made it work was resetting my router and PS3 to factory defaults. That did it for me, and everything works flawlessly now....
madaseyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madaseyer
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
go to your sttings for your wireless router (192.168.1.1)
type in the password(admin
and leave the username blank
go to Apps and gaming
then under apps and gaming click on DMZ
click the enable bubble and type
in the final 3 numbesr for
the IP Address from mthe Ps3 to the settings
Ibzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ibzu
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
My ip was static and I got NAT type failed, then i put it in dynamic and got NAT 3! try that if it didnt work, enable upnp on ur router an ps3, ppl say disable it put i think thats not rite, hope this helps :)
rued2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rued2k6
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

Who is your ISP? Can you access your modem?

i followed this http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=300492 after that i had to open those ports on my modem.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tryfe_lyn

Who is your ISP? Can you access your modem?

i followed this http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=300492 after that i had to open those ports on my modem.

rued2k6

Comcast is my ISP (cable, internet and phone bundle)...I don't think I can access the modem or know how..it's an Arris modem

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tryfe_lyn
I enabled DMZ and that seems to work...the only thing is I heard something about the possibility of hacking my PS3 by doing this...is this true??? I don't know too much about DMZ and what it is.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

I enabled DMZ and that seems to work...the only thing is I heard something about the possibility of hacking my PS3 by doing this...is this true??? I don't know too much about DMZ and what it is.tryfe_lyn
DMZ puts your system outside the firewall. While it is possible to hack a system (pc, laptop, game console) outside a firewall, it's not very likely that someone would hack a game system.

To be honest, you could have 5 firewalls, and if someone really wanted to hack them, I'm sure someone somewhere could. Simply put, hacking a game system isn't a big issue.

maddogg74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 maddogg74
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
Make sure UPnP is enabled even if the PS3 says its unavailable Enable it both on PS3 and Router also make sure no one else is using the routers connection.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

My ip was static and I got NAT type failed, then i put it in dynamic and got NAT 3! try that if it didnt work, enable upnp on ur router an ps3, ppl say disable it put i think thats not rite, hope this helps :)Ibzu

Sorry to break it to you man but you don't want NAT 3 either, unless you meant to type NAT 2 .. I have the dreaded NAT 3 and nothing has fixed it ..

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tryfe_lyn
Thanks for all the suggestion guys :D
rpgisforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 rpgisforme
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts
I keep getting NAT type failed as well and everything takes it back to the router, I bypassed the router completely and plugged my PS3 directly into the internet and still get NAT type failed ....... any suggestions???
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Have you tried connecting your PS3 directly to your cable or DSL or whatever modem?? Maybe it is the modem or ISP causing the problem and not the router at all.
phatbak35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 phatbak35
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hey...try going to www.absolute-playstation.com they seem to be pretty good
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I've been having trouble here myself. I tried getting into the router through putting those numbers into internet explorer, and it keeps saying unauthorized, I tried admin with password, admin with admin, no dice. Any suggestions?

dasfdada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dasfdada
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
it says for me every thing succeeded until unpn it says not available and nat failed wtf i can't play cod mw2 online i'm supper pissed off don't plz answer ps i'm dump at computers and stuff so be simple
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibzu"]My ip was static and I got NAT type failed, then i put it in dynamic and got NAT 3! try that if it didnt work, enable upnp on ur router an ps3, ppl say disable it put i think thats not rite, hope this helps :)420Token420

Sorry to break it to you man but you don't want NAT 3 either, unless you meant to type NAT 2 .. I have the dreaded NAT 3 and nothing has fixed it ..

I had the same problem for well over a year even after trying every possible thing in the router settings. Then one day I decided to connect the modem directly to the main PC in the house where the internet connection is set-up. After getting into the IP's modems settings I found the modem was set to run as a router. I changed the settings to a bridged connection and now I have a NAT 2 connection with no problem. It seemed that with the modem and router trying to work as the same type of connection was the problem. If you go to my page on here I have a forum link that has a ton of good information if you read far enough through the pages. That's where I found out how to make the modem changes.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Woo, old threads. Lots of pointless bumps this week :I
Gremmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gremmer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
you have to put in your routers ip and from there find your modems ip. then put the modems ip in on your internet search bar and there it will show you both primary and secondary.
Gremmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gremmer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
you have to put in your routers ip and from there find your modems ip. then put the modems ip in on your internet search bar and there it will show you both primary and secondary.