NA PS+ Update for May

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

sleepingdogsscreenshotpsls1.jpg

On the PlayStation Blogcast today, which helped fill out our Next Week on the US/CA PSN article earlier, Morgan Haro confirmed the new entries for the May 2013 PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection in North America.

The biggest among them is Sleeping Dogs, which was confirmed for release on May 5th. The rest of the games, which weve placed below, currently dont have specific May dates:

• Pinball Arcade (Cross Buy) Free tables are Arabian Nights, Ripleys Believe it or Not, Theater of Magic, Black Hole
  • Knytt Underground (Cross Buy)
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PS Vita)

You can also expect a 25% discount on Papo & Yo starting on Tuesday, May 7th.

Playstation Lifestyle

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Sleeping Dogs is awesome. Great for those that haven't played it yet. Really excited for BlazBlue though. I almost bought it last week so I'm glad I held off. I've been wanting to get into a fighter on the Vita for a while now, and I loved BlazBlue on PS3 so this is perfect.
Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
Vita owners are starting to get tired of fighting game, fighting games, fighting games. I don't blame them, seems it's all they get. I've wanted to try Sleeping Dogs, and though I'm not too fond of the "free" games on Plus, (I have it for the discounts, which are just insane) I'll just look it as a free extended rental, so that I know what I'm getting into when the retail copy drops into the $19 range.
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Sleep dogs I already own it which is sad for me but good that every body else is going to get it,finally they start to bring good new titles for US ps plus memebers,I hope we can see mass effect 3 soon !

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Texas2089
Vita owners are starting to get tired of fighting game, fighting games, fighting games. I don't blame them, seems it's all they get.Buckhannah
Um, what? So far we've gotten Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Disgaea, Ninja Gaiden, and Wipeout from PS Plus. Where exactly are all these fighting games you're talking about? Cause I don't see it. I've been thoroughly pleased with the Vita offerings from PS Plus and the Vita games alone have made my subscription worth it.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Sleeping Dogs is a damn fine game, IMO, and I'm glad more will get to experience it.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Nothing that really interests me. :(
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nothing that really interests me. :(The-Apostle
Yeah, already got Sleeping Dogs, and both of my Vita memory cards are full already. :(

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Another crap month. NA PS+ is horrible unless you never buy games.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Ah, figures. Oh well, I couldn't wait that long to play Sleeping Dogs, it was a great game. I've already gotten my money's worth easily with my one year subscription, anything now is just an extra bonus.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

23Jarek23

Sony is not going to give you the newest games that are still $60 for free.  How are these games another crappy month?  I am pretty sure June will be stocked with games.  Infamous 2, LBP 2, and Ratchet: All 4 One will be replaced.  There will also be more games coming. 

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Really excited for Sleeping Dogs.  Good update!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Buckhannah"]Vita owners are starting to get tired of fighting game, fighting games, fighting games. I don't blame them, seems it's all they get.Texas2089
Um, what? So far we've gotten Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Disgaea, Ninja Gaiden, and Wipeout from PS Plus. Where exactly are all these fighting games you're talking about? Cause I don't see it. I've been thoroughly pleased with the Vita offerings from PS Plus and the Vita games alone have made my subscription worth it.

I think before this we had Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur BD for our last months and they were fighters. Still, I couldn't give a shit, more Sleeping Dogs is what I want!
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blabadon

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

gamenerd15

Sony is not going to give you the newest games that are still $60 for free.  How are these games another crappy month?  I am pretty sure June will be stocked with games.  Infamous 2, LBP 2, and Ratchet: All 4 One will be replaced.  There will also be more games coming. 

Well they gave EU Hitman and The Cave
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 23Jarek23

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

gamenerd15

I'm not asking for the newest games, but in comparison to EU PS+ it's awful. The majority of the games they give us are games I already have, or games I would never bother playing, thats why I said, it's great if you never buy games. And where do you get this info that they're replacing LBP2, I2 and A4O? I don't see that happening. 

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

I have Sleeping Dogs on PC, but Ill download it for PS3 (my new roommate will play it). Awesome game for free!

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Buckhannah"]Vita owners are starting to get tired of fighting game, fighting games, fighting games. I don't blame them, seems it's all they get.Blabadon

I think before this we had Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur BD for our last months and they were fighters. Still, I couldn't give a shit, more Sleeping Dogs is what I want!

Ok, so 2 dated PSP fighters over the course of 6 months. I would hardly classify that as 'all we get is fighting games, fighting games, fighting games'.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

23Jarek23

When Eu PS+ got Sleeping Dogs everyone was so stoked, when NA gets it people are like meh. 

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

Gxgear

When Eu PS+ got Sleeping Dogs everyone was so stoked, when NA gets it people are like meh. 

I agree with u ,people never like what they get even if they get day one release game then people would be like meh we already pre order it !

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
We've had SD for free for months now here in Australia :P
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Nice, wanted to play Sleeping Dogs for some time now. Nice update for May. :P

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

23Jarek23

I'm not asking for the newest games, but in comparison to EU PS+ it's awful. The majority of the games they give us are games I already have, or games I would never bother playing, thats why I said, it's great if you never buy games. And where do you get this info that they're replacing LBP2, I2 and A4O? I don't see that happening. 

When Infamous 2 LBP 2, A4O debuted, the PS blog said these games would be in then colllection year round back in June.  The year is almost up.  What has the EU store been getting that is so much better than the NA store.  You can get Hitman and Dead or alive for $20 or less.  April was a rather crappy month , but I would say NA had the better lineup for March.  Spec Ops the Line was great, and Joe Danger is awesome.  If you have not played the first two Mass Effect games, then playing the third one will make no sense.  Sony should made the first game free, and then continue made each sequel free for a few months afterward.  You make it out like EU is getting extremely awesome games and NA is getting nothing at all.  Half of the games for each service are about the same.  To each his own.   

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

Blabadon

Well they gave EU Hitman and The Cave

NA had The Cave for free back in March.  Hitman costs less than $20.  I would rather have PSN games for PS Plus than full retail games.  It takes a lot longer for the price of a PSN game to down than it does for a retail game.   The only exception would be if a retail game stilll costs a pretty penny. 

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Um, what? So far we've gotten Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Disgaea, Ninja Gaiden, and Wipeout from PS Plus. Where exactly are all these fighting games you're talking about? Cause I don't see it. I've been thoroughly pleased with the Vita offerings from PS Plus and the Vita games alone have made my subscription worth it.

Ok, so 2 dated PSP fighters over the course of 6 months. I would hardly classify that as 'all we get is fighting games, fighting games, fighting games'.

I think those two PSP fighters came out in March and April actually.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 23Jarek23

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

When Infamous 2 LBP 2, A4O debuted, the PS blog said these games would be in then colllection year round back in June.  The year is almost up.  What has the EU store been getting that is so much better than the NA store.  You can get Hitman and Dead or alive for $20 or less.  April was a rather crappy month , but I would say NA had the better lineup for March.  Spec Ops the Line was great, and Joe Danger is awesome.  If you have not played the first two Mass Effect games, then playing the third one will make no sense.  Sony should made the first game free, and then continue made each sequel free for a few months afterward.  You make it out like EU is getting extremely awesome games and NA is getting nothing at all.  Half of the games for each service are about the same.  To each his own.   

Yeah, they'd be there for a year, which doesn't mean they'll get replaced with anything. 

Perhaps you don't pay attention to what they get every month, but nearly every single month they get far better games and more games. 

Let's take a look at the games EU got in the past 6 months.

• Batman: Arkham City
  • Bulletstorm
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
  • Knytt Underground
  • Bioshock 2
  • Guardians of Middle Earth
  • Mortal Kombat 
  • Gotham City Imposters 
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Pinball Arcade (PS Vita)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Vanquish
  • LIMBO
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • Puddle
  • Okami HD
  • F1 Race Stars
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Catherine
  • Malicious
  • Sine Mora
  • Velocity Ultra HD
optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

Wasn't there a rumor that the PS3 instant game collection was going to have a major update? Removing all the games that have been there since last E3? LBP 2,Infamous 2, Ratchet all for one... etc? Meaning we would be getting half a dozen new games in the upcoming month(plus that actually month's content! Overwhelming!)?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

23Jarek23

Yeah, they'd be there for a year, which doesn't mean they'll get replaced with anything. 

Perhaps you don't pay attention to what they get every month, but nearly every single month they get far better games and more games. 

Let's take a look at the games EU got in the past 6 months.

• Batman: Arkham City
  • Bulletstorm
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
  • Knytt Underground
  • Bioshock 2
  • Guardians of Middle Earth
  • Mortal Kombat 
  • Gotham City Imposters 
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Pinball Arcade (PS Vita)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Vanquish
  • LIMBO
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • Puddle
  • Okami HD
  • F1 Race Stars
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Catherine
  • Malicious
  • Sine Mora
  • Velocity Ultra HD

Half of those games, NA has also had.  My point still stands.  Having Mass Effect 3 is not a huge win if people have not played the first two.  The people that did play the first two titles probably played the third game when it released over a year ago.  Bulletstorm, Resident Evil 5 are not that great.  Jet Set Radio might have been cool 13 years, but that game has not aged well.  I never played the game before the PSN demo, and I did not like it at all.  The only game I would be jealous of from the EU store is Okami HD.  I was never a big fan of Dead or Alive, or the Hitman series.  Games such as Catherine and F1 Race Stars are dirt cheap at this point. 

The NA store has gotten games like Vanquish, Wipeout, Joe Danger, Melicious Quantum Conundrum, as well as a few of the other ones listed.  Are the Batman Arkham City and MK versions the complete/game of the year editions or not?  You can pick up for both of these editions for less than $20 each.  Like I told another poster.  I would rather have PSN digital titles that take forever to go down in price than retail games that I can buy for the same amount. 

EU did not get Spec Ops the Line or Blazblue for Vita.  It did not get Demon's Souls either.  I said it before, and I will say it again.  To each his own.  The games I want on PS plus are Dishonored, Doom BFG Edition, Sly 4, Twisted, Metal, Starhawk, Tales of Graces F, or Bayonetta.  Most of those are old enough to be part of PS Plus. 

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamenerd15

Wasn't there a rumor that the PS3 instant game collection was going to have a major update? Removing all the games that have been there since last E3? LBP 2,Infamous 2, Ratchet all for one... etc? Meaning we would be getting half a dozen new games in the upcoming month(plus that actually month's content! Overwhelming!)?

optiplex7

This is my exaclty my point.  Infamous 2, LBP 2, and Ratchet All 4 One, are going to be up until June.  Sony will then switch out these games with something else.  I have already gotten almost $200 worth of games since March 1st.  Most of the games offered have been pretty good except for a few. 

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
[QUOTE="Buckhannah"]Vita owners are starting to get tired of fighting game, fighting games, fighting games. I don't blame them, seems it's all they get.Texas2089

The last few games have been fighting games, I'm sure you saw Tekken 6 (PSP) and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP).
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I am happy to hear that ps+ will be adding sleeping dogs. I almost bought it when they had that sale a month ago. Im building a pretty big backlog of ps+ games even though i was lil disappointed the past couple weeks with ps+.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
...still no Okami (in the US). Damn
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Sleeping Dogs is a good game for Plus. Finally the US store has an interesting game.