My Vita crashes every time I turn it off!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Leir_Bag
Member since 2010 • 314 Posts

It's weird.

I bought the Vita it's been a week and some days and it's been working fine untill today. This mourning, I was having a problem with the analog sticks, the character would walk automatically to the right after playing Unit 13 for some 5 minutes. After searching on the internet for a solution with no luck, I put the system on safe mode and restarted it, like I usually do when it crashes (had only crashed once). I actually solved the issue, it was playing fine, really fine. Then After playing the Unit 13 demos for some time close to an hour, I turned it off and it crashed (the blue light crash). I put it into safe mode, restarted, and tried turning off, it almost crashed (blue light blinked some three times, but it turned off). Now everytime I play, even if it's for 5 minutes, it crashes. I tried rebuilding the database, and nothing, I restaured the system, nothing. I'm afraid to format the memory card and not fix anything, thus deleting all my saves for nothing.

Has anyone ever had a problem like me? Or just happen to know a solution? I can't contact Sony, because I don't live in the US and they don't offer that kind of service here. I can however get another system as a last resource, since it's got a warranty. I just think I might get another one with the same problems, if it's not hardware but firmware or some software like demos or such.

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Leir_Bag

Seriously, nobody's got any tip to help?

Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

I bought a Vita at launch and had the same exact issue with it minus the analog stick issue. I thought they would have patched it by now. I don't know because I sold mine a week after because I got tired of it crashing and having to reset it.

Have you tried to hold the power button down for 30secs and messing with the options it gives you. I can't exactly remember what they were. If that doesn't work I would suggest returning it and trying another system. If not well sorry mate, it got nothing else for you other than maybe calling Sony directly.

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Leir_Bag

The good thing is... it kinda stoped. Still crashes a lot, now crashes when I put it in sleep mode as well, but it's not everytime. I guess It's a firmware thing if other people have it too.

Sony should address this issue quicky. Can't be too hard to fix. I hope they didn't fix it because they're busy making good games for it. That's the only excuse that will work for me.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
If you want to format memory card vita has a backup to pc option. If that doesn't work I would exchange it or send it to sony for repair.
Okamiiiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Okamiiiii
Member since 2010 • 161 Posts
The only time it crashed on me was when I was trying to shut off my Vita off while having my music playing. It shut off right after the song was done playing though, and I've had my vita for about 2 weeks. Only problem I've encountered with it.
Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Leir_Bag

Because I think it kinda stoped, I'll wait a bit. If it keeps happening, I'll backup the things on the PC to wipe the memoty card clean. And if that doesn't work, I'll just get another system through the 1 year warranty the store gave me. Glad I insisted on buying there because of the warranty.

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Leir_Bag

Yet, it did not stop.

It seems that it aways happens when I put it in sleep mode or turning it off right after turning on. If I lay a game, even if it's for 5/10 minutes, then try to turn off or put in sleep mode, then it doesn't crash. I have tried everything on the safe mode menu (or recovery menu, you know, the one you get after pressing the power button for 30 seconds). I even formated my memory card but that didn't solve enything. Seems to be something with the system or firmware, or who knows what.

If I'm right and it crashes everytime I turn off unless I use it for some 5 minutes, do you guys think I should replace it through warranty? It's possible, but I'm not the only one with crashes, at least that's what I found out on the internet.

buwiset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 buwiset
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

Just excahange it for a new one. I only experienced the blinking blue light hang/freeze twice or thrice when my Vita is still new, but after updating the firmware I've never experience any hang/freeze on any game. I can put it on stand by with any game and I don't have any problems on shutting down the device.

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Leir_Bag

Ohh god.

Now I can't find the warranty paper... Ohh god, ohh god. It's getting from bad to worse here. That goddamn paper looked so much like an advertising... Damn, I'm scared I might have thrown it away. I emaild the store and they didn't retur the email yet, sice it's sunday. Pray for the videogame gods for me to succeed...

Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Leir_Bag

Yesterday I spent a LONG time just trying to turn of the Vita... more than an hour. Everytime I tried it would crash and I would have to restart. I didn't succeed. I turned it off right now, it was crashed all night. there's just something wrong with it, and I'm desperate because I can't find the damn warranty paper.