Benikari47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Benikari47
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well, so i'm a pretty big Uncharted fan and basically this is how i'd like the PS4 mock-up to look, i wanted it to stay true to the series and looks as official as possible. For more of my work visit: http://boldndelicious.tumblr.com/

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@benikari47:

Looks good but I would have preferred to see a jungle backdrop.

Benikari47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Benikari47

@GTR12 said:

@benikari47:

Looks good but I would have preferred to see a jungle backdrop.

Thank you! I actually thought of that but decided against in in the end, it would look too similar to Drake's Fortune and i like how all the game covers stand out.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

It's okay...is Drake a conduit now? xD Looks a bit too dark as a whole, doesn't really grab your attention. Maybe you could play around with the 'thief's end' aspect i.e. make the background brighter and more in keeping with what we expect of an Uncharted game and then leave the foreground darker, maybe have flowers and foliage gradually wither as they come into the foreground too. I think that contract would work well, possibly thematically too. Also the typeface is way too large and I'd middle-align and scrap the '4' personally. The letters kind of obtrude Drake's head. Perhaps you could play around with the shadowing underneath the title itself as well, making it brighter on the right and look like the glare of the sun.

Just some ideas.

Benikari47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Benikari47

@Star0 said:

It's okay...is Drake a conduit now? xD Looks a bit too dark as a whole, doesn't really grab your attention. Maybe you could play around with the 'thief's end' aspect i.e. make the background brighter and more in keeping with what we expect of an Uncharted game and then leave the foreground darker, maybe have flowers and foliage gradually wither as they come into the foreground too. I think that contract would work well, possibly thematically too. Also the typeface is way too large and I'd middle-align and scrap the '4' personally. The letters kind of obtrude Drake's head. Perhaps you could play around with the shadowing underneath the title itself as well, making it brighter on the right and look like the glare of the sun.

Just some ideas.

Really appreciate the criticism, thank you! And absolutely, the hottest conduit in town bb. However i disagree with it needing to be brighter, as it's been confirmed to be a darker game than the previous entries, so i really wanted to capture that essence. You seem like me though as in having really specific visual ideas and being critical of something until it's completely to your liking, are you a designer as well? ^^

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's well done to be sure. I personally would have lowered the main logo to be across Drake's mid section so that you're not cutting out a portion of his head. As the main character, usually the head is not something that should be blocked. Lastly, the way the lighting in the background vs the lighting on Drake is situated, it looks like the background should be flipped so that Drake's lit right side is being lit by the sun. As it is, a mirror would have to be angled reflecting the light from the source.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
Loading Video...