My trip to Gamestop today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I don't usually trade in games but honestly I beat all these games and didn't see myself playing them anymore.

I traded in Far cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Tomb raider and Black ops 2 (Hated it).

I got The last of Us paid off and 40 dollars deposit on the ps4.

Basically I got 110 trade in value.

Not bad for games I never planned on using ever again. They had some promo going on. You guys should check it out.

Funny thing is the guy at the counter automatically assumed I wanted a ps4 and not the xbox one.

Anyways, Im really pumped to play the Last of us.

""As a side note""

I was going to buy a ps plus subscription today but wasn't sure if i register it today, if it will carry over till next June on the PS4. The guy at the counter didn't know either.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I don't usually trade in games but honestly I beat all these games and didn't see myself playing them anymore.

I traded in Far cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Tomb raider and Black ops 2 (Hated it).

Not bad for games I never planned on using ever again. They had some promo going on. You guys should check it out.

Funny thing is the guy at the counter automatically assumed I wanted a ps4 and not the xbox one.

""As a side note""

I was going to buy a ps plus subscription today but wasn't sure if i register it today, if it will carry over till next June on the PS4. The guy at the counter didn't know either.

marcheegsr

Sony Press Conference stated that PS Plus subscriptions will carry over. 

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr

Awesome thanks man.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
You can get some decent credit as long as you have the right games and work the system when they offer those special deals. That's about the only time it's ever worth trading back any games, honestly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm kind of thinking of following suit today and trading in some stuff.  I'm just hoping I get at least $200 for everything, or else it wouldn't be worth it.

StocktonK13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StocktonK13
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
How much did you get for Far Cry 3? I just bought it brand new from Walmart for $20 and I don't like it at. I want to trade in Uncharted 3 because I beat it and I want to trade in Far Cry. I hope a coupon for 50% more trade in value. Any idea how much I could get?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I dont trade in games anymore u get nothing for them.

Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

I dont trade in games anymore u get nothing for them.

sukraj
I kind of agree with you but there worth less sitting on you shelf collecting dust. I've had some that I thought I shouldn't trade in because they were great games, thinking I'd play them again. Well two months later they were still sitting there collecting dust so I just trade them in now. I rarely play a game twice, even masterpieces like The Last of Us. Don't know why either. I figure, been there done that, ya know.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

They had some promo going on. You guys should check it out.

marcheegsr
Did the trade-in promo apply to the PS4 pre-order or just for The Last of Us? I've been waiting to pre-order mine until they had a promotion for trade-ins towards it.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

The_Rick_14

Did the trade-in promo apply to the PS4 pre-order or just for The Last of Us? I've been waiting to pre-order mine until they had a promotion for trade-ins towards it.

It was for the ps4 and the last of us. The last of us promo is over but im not quite sure if they still have any promos for the ps4 preorder. I think it was only a one week thing.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

marcheegsr

It was for the ps4 and the last of us. The last of us promo is over but im not quite sure if they still have any promos for the ps4 preorder. I think it was only a one week thing.

I'll have to call my local store up and see. Thanks.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

""As a side note""

CommanderShiro

Sony Press Conference stated that PS Plus subscriptions will carry over. 

I'll be getting one very soon.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
I wouldn't trade in games even if I could get god money off of them. I like to keep a collection of what I've played.
S_ZV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 S_ZV2
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
You must have done "Ok" selling all those games. I wouldn't have traded them though.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Selling the games individually on Craigs list or Ebay is the way to go to get more for your games. Go below used game retail but well above what Gamestop will give you for trade ins.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I wouldn't trade in games even if I could get god money off of them. I like to keep a collection of what I've played.sagejonathan
god money??
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I don't trade in games, because I suffer greatly from trade in guilt.  

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

I normally don't trade in used games at gamestop since they often try to rip you off, but once in a while they do that "trade in games, and get a new game for $10" deal :).

And that's so freakin' hilarious that the gamestop employee automatically assumed you wanted a PS4 :P. 

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
As stated above, your PS Plus subscription will carry over to the PS4. I wanted to add that if you apply and are approved for the Capital One "Playstation" credit card, you will receive a 1 year Plus subscription and $50 gift card to add to your PSN account. You'll receive the rewards after your first purchase with the card. For those of you interested.. check it out.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Sony stated PS+ will work on that account it is registered to across all 3 platforms, ps4, ps3 and vita.

Its tied to your PSN account name, not a system.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I traded in my 360 Slim today ( played everything I want to on it and everything coming out I'm interested in is on PS3. I had a coupon four 50% more for trade ins...so just for trading in the 250gb slim...I was able to pick up a new PS3 Controller, $20psn card, charging cable, Meatal Gear Rising, BioShock Infinite, metro Last Light and preorder and pay off Final Fantasy 14 and Diablo 3...so I'm not complaining

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 marcheegsr

I traded in my 360 Slim today ( played everything I want to on it and everything coming out I'm interested in is on PS3. I had a coupon four 50% more for trade ins...so just for trading in the 250gb slim...I was able to pick up a new PS3 Controller, $20psn card, charging cable, Meatal Gear Rising, BioShock Infinite, metro Last Light and preorder and pay off Final Fantasy 14 and Diablo 3...so I'm not complaining

Apocalypse324

Nice. Metro last light is a great game and bishock infinite is great also.

Sometimes gamestop has good trade in deals, you just have to keep checking the website.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#23 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

""As a side note""

marcheegsr
as stated earlier you should get the ps+. I also got the question on the PS4 when i preordered it :P. But sometimes they give you some good value
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 marcheegsr

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

""As a side note""

The_Last_Ride

as stated earlier you should get the ps+. I also got the question on the PS4 when i preordered it :P. But sometimes they give you some good value

Yea I ended up buying a few days ago. Got great value out of it already. Downloaded saints row 3 and deus ex. Im glad it carrys over so I dont have to worry about buying a new subscription when the ps4 comes out.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

""As a side note""

marcheegsr

Yea I ended up buying a few days ago. Got great value out of it already. Downloaded saints row 3 and deus ex. Im glad it carrys over so I dont have to worry about buying a new subscription when the ps4 comes out.

it's honestly a hell of a deal. 3 new games AND games for your vita? I really need to get one
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
That was good money, I usually get a lot less
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I normally dont trade back games. I like to have a collection for each system. I have about 40 games for ps2 and over 30 for ps3. When I buy the ps4, i will probably have 30-40 games for it by the end of its cycle too.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

marcheegsr

Nice. Metro last light is a great game and bishock infinite is great also.

Sometimes gamestop has good trade in deals, you just have to keep checking the website.

Yea I'm pretty happy with the deal. A system I haven't played ,much at all recently and no interest in anything else coming out for it for 5 games I haven't played, a new controller and a couple other things. I'm happy with it 

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Between now and PS4 launch, I'm going to start trading in all but my Top 10 or so. I'll be trading them in for the remaining big PS3 games. I also need to get Metro: Last Light and Dead Space 3 as they're the only big titles I've missed so far this year.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
[QUOTE="sagejonathan"]I wouldn't trade in games even if I could get god money off of them. I like to keep a collection of what I've played.MethodManFTW
god money??

*Good money*
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#31 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I don't trade in games, because I suffer greatly from trade in guilt.  

Samslayer
Right there with you, buddy. When I was a kid, I traded in many games & a couple handhelds and got crap for them. Now, I would do anything to get them back... :(
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I find if you go during promotions then you shouldn't be doing that bad with trade-ins.  And yeah, I usually go to the same two Gamestops and I don't think anyone working there is eager to promote the Xbox One (I went there the other day and the guy was still talking current gen for next year to play Dark Souls II, which I'm amazed is up for preorder almost a year in advance).  Though, I'd assume they want to sell the One since it's $100 more (I'm guessing that ends up helping out the stores if they can sell more of the One).Â