My PS4 just downloaded Child of Light?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Are they giving this game away? I ask, because I never selected this game to download, and I'm just afraid that someone may have hacked my PSN account and are downloading games on it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Child of Light was super cheap awhile back in a flash sale...

Perhaps you set up a queue using the Sony store on your PC or phone? It's strange it downloaded, but I don't know if you have roommates or what.

Check your download history on your PS4, that's odd.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JustPlainLucas

@SolidTy said:

Perhaps you set up a queue using the Sony store on your PC or phone? It's strange it downloaded, but I don't know if you have roommates or what.

Unless I did something wrong, I went to my PSN account, under Wallet and checked my transaction history, and it says "No content was found."

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@JustPlainLucas said:

@SolidTy said:

Unless I did something wrong, I went to my PSN account, under Wallet and checked my transaction history, and it says "No content was found."

That's strange. I've seen that before when Sony was updating PSN before though. I have even seen that before on my Xbox 360 when XBL was updating.

You'll have to investigate that further or maybe even call Sony as a last resort, but I would investigate it first before calling. Check your PS3, PS4, and Vita with those IDs. If they are fine, you should be fine, but if a bunch of games start popping up, someone is buying games.

Calling Sony before knowing could be a major hassle, especially if they temporarily lock down your account. It can be a real hassle to protect you, but I would sound the alarms until you feel confident someone is buying games and not you.

Strangely, that person buying games on sale and just that one game? That's peculiar.

Also, you should have an email from Sony sent to you everytime you make a purchase. I know I just bought Beyond Good and Evil HD for $2, and I get the emails within seconds. I even get emails for free games I download.

Check your emails to see the recent purchases.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JustPlainLucas

@SolidTy said:

That's strange. I've seen that before when Sony was updating PSN before though. I have even seen that before on my Xbox 360 when XBL was updating.

You'll have to investigate that further or maybe even call Sony as a last resort, but I would investigate it first before calling. Check your PS3, PS4, and Vita with those IDs. If they are fine, you should be fine, but if a bunch of games start popping up, someone is buying games.

Calling Sony before knowing could be a major hassle, especially if they temporarily lock down your account. It can be a real hassle to protect you, but I would sound the alarms until you feel confident someone is buying games and not you.

Strangely, that person buying games on sale and just that one game? That's peculiar.

Also, you should have an email from Sony sent to you everytime you make a purchase. I know I just bought Beyond Good and Evil HD for $2, and I get the emails within seconds. I even get emails for free games I download.

Checked my emails and nothing from Sony. Oh well.. I'm going to keep an eye on my account and make sure nothing else is downloaded. I'll call Sony if this keeps happening.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy

@JustPlainLucas said:

@SolidTy said:

Checked my emails and nothing from Sony. Oh well.. I'm going to keep an eye on my account and make sure nothing else is downloaded. I'll call Sony if this keeps happening.

That's strange. Check your Junkmail too.