My ps3: NO picture, NO sound, controllers dont engage...HELP PLEASE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nicola762 (11 posts) -

my ps3 is a 60GB and i have had it for 3 months now and this is the first problem. when i turn on my ps3 it shows no picture and no sound, yet the green light is on, but the fan blows for only 2 sec and stops. also the controller does not engage with the ps3 but the controls on the ps3 still work. any suggestions please?

p.s. I've done input replacing and hooking it up to different TVs and pressing the power button for 5 sec to restart settings

#2 Posted by Lyphe2k (3385 posts) -

I'd tell you to plug in and plug out all wires and such but I'm sure you've done that. I'd just advise you to call Sony cuz they're the experts.

Sorry bud. Hopefully someone else can help you better than I tried.

#3 Posted by -Jashan- (401 posts) -

take hdmi out and power out turn it off

plug controller in with usb and try again

#4 Posted by Flatline304 (534 posts) -
Check your video output to make sure it's still connected.You have to find a way to do a system restore.Also I had a wierd problem like that.I acually had to make sure my PS3 was hooked into an outlet with nothing else. Seems like I wasn't getting enough power for some reason, but once I got a surge protecter hooked up to it everything was fine again.
#5 Posted by nicola762 (11 posts) -
That sounds like a really good idea. I think i messed up my power from turning it off from the back too much. what do u think?
#6 Posted by CessPool (398 posts) -
That sounds like a really good idea. I think i messed up my power from turning it off from the back too much. what do u think?nicola762
You turn it off by using the switch on the back?
#7 Posted by nicola762 (11 posts) -
yeah because it didnt want to turn off from the menu screen
#8 Posted by Veyronx (1 posts) -

hi nicola today i had the same trouble.

I turn on the console and had no picture no sound and the sixaxis didn't respond.

p.d. Before I turned on the ps3 I noticed that the switch in the back was in "turn off"

sorry for my bad english.:oops: