my ps3 keeps overheating

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by d0ubl3sh0t (454 posts) -

so after playing like for 3 or 4 hours. my ps3 overheats and shut itself down. it can be turn on again. its its just i cant play very long now. anyone know how to fix this ? thx

#2 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
Is your PS3 well-ventilated?,..also if i was you i would back up all my saved data now.
#3 Posted by d0ubl3sh0t (454 posts) -

it had quite a big space around the ps3.and i've already back my saved data just incase.

#4 Posted by moondoggey (544 posts) -

so after playing like for 3 or 4 hours. my ps3 overheats and shut itself down. it can be turn on again. its its just i cant play very long now. anyone know how to fix this ? thx

d0ubl3sh0t

samething use to happend to me i just put a portable floorfan on the back of the ps3 and it fixed the problem

if that dosent work you might have to buy a ps3 fan that you can just hook up to your ps3

#5 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
Is your PS3 sitting down or standing up? Because when its sitting down the bottom of the PS3 get extremely hot.
#7 Posted by atc-fanatic (973 posts) -

my slims bottom gets very hot! what i did was put 4 big dice 1 on each rubber tab on the bottom of the ps3. it raised the ps3 up around an inch now it's bottom is much cooler.

#8 Posted by erickb1983 (315 posts) -

checking sig

#9 Posted by erickb1983 (315 posts) -

checking sig

erickb1983

finally i got it working and edited lol

#10 Posted by JohnF111 (14048 posts) -
Ever heard of google? It has a hundred million of these posts with the same three answers in every single post....
#11 Posted by Lostboy1224 (3426 posts) -
Mine gets very warm/hot too so I use a simple stand alone fan and set it close to my PS3 and have it blow air right on it as long as I am playing. Makes a huge difference once your done playing after hours and the system is only a little bit warm. If I don't use the fan for a bit the PS3 starts making noises like the plastic is expanding and getting ready to break apart. The PS3 should not feel like I just took it out of the toaster once I am done playing after 2 hours.