MW2 Prestige glitch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dhellwig (165 posts) -

Im sure everyone here knows about the glitch to get super XP on MW2, which is why there are some many "fake" 10th prestiges. I mean when I compare my stats as a level 65 1st prestige to that of a 10th prestige and my score is higher than his cmon. My question is why? Did the developers do this on purpose? I have a hard time believing they did. And why not fix it if possible? Answers or comments greatly appreciated!

#2 Posted by Guchari (60 posts) -

Never heard of this glitch, could you explain what it is?

#3 Posted by YelloHaze (59 posts) -

Why would they make glitches to make online play unfair on purpose? I don't understand why you would think that. Obviously if they see this as an issue they will address it accordingly as soon as possible.

#4 Posted by Duxsox56 (1186 posts) -

This guy doesn't want to fix it. He would rather just take your money.

#5 Posted by dhellwig (165 posts) -

Never heard of this glitch, could you explain what it is?

Guchari

Its hard to explain but i think it was first found on XBOX 360 but ive heard of people doing it on PS3. Theres videos how to do it on YouTube.

#6 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (256 posts) -

Im sure everyone here knows about the glitch to get super XP on MW2, which is why there are some many "fake" 10th prestiges. I mean when I compare my stats as a level 65 1st prestige to that of a 10th prestige and my score is higher than his cmon. My question is why? Did the developers do this on purpose? I have a hard time believing they did. And why not fix it if possible? Answers or comments greatly appreciated!

dhellwig

Have they fixed any of the other glitches or exploits? Only a minimum.

Truth is, IW is more interested right now in counting their new fat wallets than in helping their fanbase. Most will be ok with this, as the online, despite this massive flaws, is still exhilarating, but for those of us who are serious in this, it kind of stings.

Imagine being a PC user? Man that would suck

#7 Posted by M0wen10 (7555 posts) -

Yeah, I know what you mean. The top 1000 or so have ridiculous kills to deaths, experience and killstreaks. Infinity Ward should ban every hacker, orat least fix the leaderboards

#8 Posted by BostonDieNasty (742 posts) -

Yeah, I know what you mean. The top 1000 or so have ridiculous kills to deaths, experience and killstreaks. Infinity Ward should ban every hacker, orat least fix the leaderboards

M0wen10
wait so you telling me the top player really isnt 278,856,763 kills to 4581 deaths? with a 94789 streak?
#9 Posted by grand17 (2079 posts) -
[QUOTE="BostonDieNasty"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

wait so you telling me the top player really isnt 278,856,763 kills to 4581 deaths? with a 94789 streak?

um wait a sec, how are they doing this? nobody is explaining
#10 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

I know they have a patch coming out soon to fix some glitches like the package glitches and some others. but this one I didn't know about.

#11 Posted by jshaas (2409 posts) -

dhellwig

The last update fixed it for about two seconds... then somebody figured out a way around it. Here's video showing you how it's done.

#13 Posted by grand17 (2079 posts) -
meh, id rather just earn it. if there was some way to get extra points while playing, id do that, but this is just a nerdy way to pretend you did something
#14 Posted by zaphod_b (2201 posts) -

It's not really a glitch, it's a hack of the game files. I haven' heard specifically about IW patching it, either. I'm guessing that since it isn't really due to something they did wrong, and they are already swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck that they aren't going to.

#15 Posted by Ninja_Zombie83 (1893 posts) -
Nazi Zombies never got fixed, I don't expect this will either. I don't blame the glitches as I do the players using them though.
#16 Posted by XxNOSCOPER16xX (1 posts) -
any of you guys 10th prestige ill add you on ps3 and facebook
#17 Posted by StealthMonkey4 (7047 posts) -

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

BostonDieNasty

Are those really the stats of the number one person on the leaderboard? :lol:

#18 Posted by kramer_inc (1297 posts) -

I don't get the cheating. Why what have they really accomplished, but to prove they can't do it on their own.

#19 Posted by aka_Static (415 posts) -

Such a pointless thing to do. It means absoultely nothing to be 10th prestige, yet have no work to show for it. But you know what? Let the hackers do this, so they can get destroyed by the people who've played 100x more than they have. I'll gladly take on a ten year-old with no experience.

#20 Posted by Sloan360 (1449 posts) -

I don't see why people care so much about the prestige hack. You gain nothing by doing it, besides the 10 create a class slots, and if you are a poor player they won't matter. I will admit I did the prestige hack when it first came out because I was never going to put the amount of time into this game to truly earn it. I've played for 25 days so I can hold my own and it is satisfying to hear people call me a fake and that they will own me because I hacked and then get crushed.