Mutliplayer Games for 2013?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

So I know GTAV Is rolling out in the next few months but I was wondering what other games have active multiplayer. I do NOT want Call of Duty at ALL. A few Im looking at:

• The Last of Us - Im assuming this is an active game, yes?
  • Ghost Recon Future - tactical and looks fun. Is it active?
  • Starhawk - Is this game still alive?
  • Killzone 3 - I assume this was popular and fun. Is it alive and populated?

I dont know what else might be alive and kicking. I dont mind variety so its okay if I get another game before GTAV. I was thinking of getting it day one but I think that can be delayed for reviews and initial problem fixes. What do you say?

And yes, I checked the damn recommendation thread, its useless. I even posted in there asking for MP recommendations. Nobody said anything. 

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, and Destiny all look good for me

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

So I know GTAV Is rolling out in the next few months but I was wondering what other games have active multiplayer. I do NOT want Call of Duty at ALL. A few Im looking at:

• The Last of Us - Im assuming this is an active game, yes?
  • Ghost Recon Future - tactical and looks fun. Is it active?
  • Starhawk - Is this game still alive?
  • Killzone 3 - I assume this was popular and fun. Is it alive and populated?

I dont know what else might be alive and kicking. I dont mind variety so its okay if I get another game before GTAV. I was thinking of getting it day one but I think that can be delayed for reviews and initial problem fixes. What do you say?

And yes, I checked the damn recommendation thread, its useless. I even posted in there asking for MP recommendations. Nobody said anything.

Gamesterpheonix

The Last of us, Ghost recon future, and Killzone 3 are still very active and don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Not sure about starhawk.

BF4 will be the next big multiplayer game or cod ghosts if your a cod fan.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Well when next gen launches in Nov we'll have Killzone Shadow Fall and BF4... and that franchise you didn't want me to talk about. I didn't want to talk about it either, don't worry.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Battlefield 4 looks amazing.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I'm not huge into multiplayer anymore, but I have been playing some multiplayer in The Last of Us. It's surprisingly good and quite active due to the game's popularity. Granted, the single player is the main attraction, but you could easily spend a lot of time with the MP if you enjoy it.
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamesterpheonix
Im leaning towards the Last of Us quite a bit but $60 is pretty steep for me. Id pay maybe $35 since it includes a decent multiplayer. I was also thinking about KZ3 and GR:FS since they are still active. Both games seem really cool and are both relatively cheap.
EspaniaArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EspaniaArmada
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I just bought The Last of Us and the multiplayer is pretty good and active. You need to be close to your team members in order for you to be effective. I hate how some lil kids go running RAMBO style like its some Call of Duty, which leads to our team getting hammered and flanked.
MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I don't don't play co-op or multi-player.  It practically encourages a team player.  I'm playing it now and I don't think I've entered a solo campain that didn't have the co-op option. Multi-player missions also available to choose from.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts
I just bought The Last of Us and the multiplayer is pretty good and active. You need to be close to your team members in order for you to be effective. I hate how some lil kids go running RAMBO style like its some Call of Duty, which leads to our team getting hammered and flanked.EspaniaArmada
lol.. i hate that too
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gamesterpheonix

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I don't don't play co-op or multi-player.  It practically encourages a team player.  I'm playing it now and I don't think I've entered a solo campain that didn't have the co-op option. Multi-player missions also available to choose from.

MiguelNoche
Eh, gonna get that on PC. Looking more for PS3 or console exclusive titles.