Moving over to Sony side..give me the dirty deets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

So I've always had a Nintendo console and last gen I went with the Xbox 360 and I built a gaming PC. This gen I just want to do Ps4 since I feel it has better exclusives and upgrading my PC/pretty much building another one isn't worth the extra cost for me since I only play console ports as is. Not into MMOs or RTS or too many Indie type games...

..anyways, before getting a PS4, I was hoping I could get some dirty deets on it. What do you think Sony can improve upon? For example, slow download speeds? bad experience with online multiplayer? etc

I just want to know what I am getting into this time.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@Glutenbob said:

So I've always had a Nintendo console and last gen I went with the Xbox 360 and I built a gaming PC. This gen I just want to do Ps4 since I feel it has better exclusives and upgrading my PC/pretty much building another one isn't worth the extra cost for me since I only play console ports as is. Not into MMOs or RTS or too many Indie type games...

..anyways, before getting a PS4, I was hoping I could get some dirty deets on it. What do you think Sony can improve upon? For example, slow download speeds? bad experience with online multiplayer? etc

You are joining the supreme gaming community of the gaming industry. Welcome to Playstation. What is your PSN name?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

if whatever you bought is downloading slow then its your own connection. my download speed on both my ps3 and ps4 is around 20mbps to 24mbps so my stuff downloads pretty fast. as for what they can improve upon, i have no complaints. i'm really happy with my ps4 but i won't have much to play on it until metal gear solid 5, infamous second son, destiny, dragon age inquisition, and everquest next release for the ps4. i've beaten killzone shadow fall, knack, tomb raider definitive edition, and outlast so now i'm playing some older games on my ps3 until the good ps4 excusives and muiltplats start coming out.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Coolyfett

PlayStation isnt perfect, but its definitely the best gaming brand out there of the main three companies that sell Consoles/Handhelds.

If Coolyfett could change anything, it would probably be the pricing for Vita memory cards, adding more PS2 games to the PS3 & Vita stores in PSN & supporting VITA as long as possible. Hopefully PlayStation doesn't replace the VITA when its time to launch the PlayStation 5. Handhelds are slowly dying off for many reasons & PlayStation shouldn't hurt the brand by creating new handheld hardware. PlayStation should make the Vita the handheld counterpart of the Playstation 5 as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c072abf2e969

@Coolyfett said:

@Glutenbob said:

You are joining the supreme gaming community of the gaming industry. Welcome to Playstation. What is your PSN name?

Haha thanks.

I dont have a PS4 yet, so sadly no Playstation name. Im holding out to see if they will do a watchdogs bundle for hopefully the same price. If not ill just buy when watchdogs comes out...or sooner if Infamous Second Son is really awesome.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Welcome!

Step 1: Subscribe to PlayStation Plus. Get games every month (free-ish, as part of the service). Get additional sales discounts. Get cloud storage for your game saves. (PS+ is required for online play on PS4, excluding most F2P games, and games with their own subs, such as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn).

Step 2: Get a Vita. Amazing handheld system. Remote Play with PS4 is incredible too.

Step 3: Bookmark the Official PlayStation blog for your region.

North America: http://blog.us.playstation.com/
Europe, UK, Australia, and more: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Store updates are posted weekly. PS Plus Instant Game Collection Updates are posted monthly. Previews for upcoming games and other stuff is posted almost daily.

Step 4: Also this: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Using the web store, you can make purchases and queue up downloads to your console, without having to be at your console, or without having to break from your game. There is also a mobile app you can find for this.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

We are the true Master race

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts
@Glutenbob said:

I suggest you keep your gaming PC alive. And, enjoy your PlayStation experience.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how fast the PS4 downloads, patches, and gets you into your game.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Dude, Sony as well as the other 2 gaming companies will NEVER make everybody happy....so there's going to be room for improvement in all areas! And that's a good thing because WE the gamers will always benefit from it.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#11 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

It would be easier to recommend the PS4 if they had made it backwards compatible with PS3 games. Every time someone says they're jumping on the PS4 bandwagon so early on makes me nervous. The PS3 really didn't hit its stride until about 2010 (4 years after it had released). The number of amazing exclusives for it simply blow one's mind.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Glutenbob: Sony games don't always come out in time, that's the only issue i can say so far

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Coolyfett

@Glutenbob said:

@Coolyfett said:

@Glutenbob said:

Haha thanks.

I dont have a PS4 yet, so sadly no Playstation name. Im holding out to see if they will do a watchdogs bundle for hopefully the same price. If not ill just buy when watchdogs comes out...or sooner if Infamous Second Son is really awesome.

Join US, Join the Playstation Nation. Be apart of the Playstation Massive. Be apart of the legend.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

It would be easier to recommend the PS4 if they had made it backwards compatible with PS3 games. Every time someone says they're jumping on the PS4 bandwagon so early on makes me nervous. The PS3 really didn't hit its stride until about 2010 (4 years after it had released). The number of amazing exclusives for it simply blow one's mind.

Would be hard to recommend what would have almost certainly been a US$600 system though, if PS4 was backwards compatible. Might as well recommend getting both consoles.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@Lhomity said:

Welcome!

Step 1: Subscribe to PlayStation Plus. Get games every month (free-ish, as part of the service). Get additional sales discounts. Get cloud storage for your game saves. (PS+ is required for online play on PS4, excluding most F2P games, and games with their own subs, such as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn).

Step 2: Get a Vita. Amazing handheld system. Remote Play with PS4 is incredible too.

Step 3: Bookmark the Official PlayStation blog for your region.

North America: Europe, UK, Australia, and more: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Store updates are posted weekly. PS Plus Instant Game Collection Updates are posted monthly. Previews for upcoming games and other stuff is posted almost daily.

Step 4: Also this: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Using the web store, you can make purchases and queue up downloads to your console, without having to be at your console, or without having to break from your game. There is also a mobile app you can find for this.

Don't forget Step 5: Troll all Xbox fanboy comments in Gamespot ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c072abf2e969

@pupp3t_mast3r,

LOL. I troll my Xbox fanboy friends a lot. They get salty when I mention framerates and resolutions.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

wow...so many fanboy in here. its sickening.

Black_Lizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Black_Lizard
Member since 2002 • 1296 Posts

worship this man with all your might... IN KAZ WE TRUST, our god, our saviour.

billy503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 billy503
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

@Glutenbob said:

@Coolyfett said:

@Glutenbob said:

Haha thanks.

im planning to do the same , either wait for a watchdogs bundle, or see what infamous has to offer , although im sure the second son will be awesome , since the last infamous games were very good in my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c072abf2e969

@Black_Lizard said:

OMG IM dying...lololol

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Nice thing I always liked since the PS1 days is Sony doesn't prioritize one gaming genre for their exclusives, they have shooters, platformers, brawlers, RPGs ... The online is as good as any other platform, you can play with no lag, with nice people, download games, music, movies ...

The PS new OS is not as good as the PS3 one, but I hope they'll imporve it or allow us to (like on PS3 we could create themes and icons) but it's infinitely better than the OS for XBOX and Wii.

Awesome games this year should be Infamous, The Order, F 14 and 15, Drive club ;I have more perosnal tastes as I'm waiting for Diablo 3 and Everquest next

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Glutenbob said:

@Black_Lizard said:

OMG IM dying...lololol

Lmfao that's gold, how could I put that as my sig?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

I agree too many haterz hating on xbox.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@sukraj said:

@starwarsjunky said:

fanboyism is something people need to get over. i'm a gamer, pure and simple. i play games that interest me. that's it. all this "LOLOLOL XBOX/PS/PC/WHATEVER" needs to end. its a cancer to the gaming community that does nothing but divide the community and create hostility. people need to grow up and get over this BS.

dukepliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 dukepliskin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Two things, The games right now are few and far between, I have no problem with this since I love me some killzone and metal gear solid. The lack of games is starting to fade with some titles beginning to drop, and combined with playstation now unlocking select titles from ps3 this will add even more to the library. Ps1/ps2 titles will also be available for purchase in the future, if you haven't had the chance to experience titles from this era you are in for a treat. Second, hard drive space, I have read articles talking about filling the hard drive quickly. I had an 80 gb ps3 so once again, I'll probably never run out of space, but if you are someone planning to digital for your go to format of game purchase you might want to think about upgrading the hard drive which is something that can be done on a ps4. --Download speed, I only download small size games not available on disc, and these finish fairly quickly, I was unhappy with the ps3 dl speed, but it has been improved with ps4 imo.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Seriously Fanboyism aside (I do it for a laugh in system wars so much more fun being a fanboy in there winds people up.)

- PS4 UI is super fast in game jumping in and out to check things is sleek and smooth and everything, the few things i'd say what need changing is maybe the customization side is non existent compared to the PS3 and it needs to at least for now allow us to categorize the games and other media's, you basicly have 2 bars which you navigate your top bar consisting of, friends messages, shop, settings etc, the second bar is where everything else is at, what is going on with your friends what there playing, live on playstation, tv iplayers and apps, game library button to see everything what you have downloaded in the past and then every single game you have installed is all on that bar so at the moment i have 14 games all in a row plus the rest and it's just a bit of a mess, and what ever you used last appears at the start and it's just all over the place it needs to be organized.

-PS4 Shop is basicly intergrated within your PS4 it's right there, and it's fast downloads operate in the background but installs still take abit of time but not much, aslong as you have a fast internet connection then your'll be playing quickly.

- As for games you need PS+ a free game a month, plus you can purchase them online from your phone tablet or pc, you can even order ps3 and vita games to be store for a later date if you ever get a ps3 or vita, it's great value for money and if your playing online anyway you need to pay for it, if you don't pay for online not to worry because there are at least 3 free to play games at your disposal.
With Infamous coming and more reveals coming soon then the exclusive range will grow, yes it's a bit slow now but thats how it is, the only reason we don't notice it in the middle of the gen because we have so many games floating around we forget it takes months for games to come out sometimes, but there coming,
Plus PS4 is more powerful than the xbox one thats just fact i'm not dissing dirt on XboxOne I think it will be a fine kinect game box for me in the future but multiplats are where it's at these days and they just play better on PS4 and by hardware limits this will always be the case.

I hope this helps, and i'm not bashing on the Xbox One there exclusives are good, but what i find with xbox is that chunks of AAA come and then theres long periods of time where they have nothing and ps4 is showing that AAA do matter but quality comes first and in the mean time we will get indie games onto our system steadily so we get a nice steady flow of games,

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

Let us celebrate you joining Playstation with the adding of chocolate to milk.

Agree with dipdish, keep the gaming PC alive for steam games and FPS. Definitely get PS+ as advised from another user, it really is worth the subscription and just kick back waiting for the PS exclusives. I find Xbone (which i also really enjoy and am playing more right now) focuses more on 3rd person and FPS for their exclusives and PS has more platformer and RPG driven games.

The big issue with PS right now is besides infamous a lot of their IP is being delayed.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

@sukraj said:

@starwarsjunky said:

fanboyism is something people need to get over. i'm a gamer, pure and simple. i play games that interest me. that's it. all this "LOLOLOL XBOX/PS/PC/WHATEVER" needs to end. its a cancer to the gaming community that does nothing but divide the community and create hostility. people need to grow up and get over this BS.

I agree lol I'm fed up of people saying the ps4 has better graphics and can do 1080p etc etc this crap needs to stop. I'm enjoying the games that are on the xbox one so I couldn't care less about graphics or resolution.