Motion sickness from playing Killzone 2? Really blurry when I pan around

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Hey guys, I'm playing this game at my cousin's house today, but this game is making me feel dizzy or I'm getting some kind of motion sickness from this.

It's whenever I pan or move the screen left or right, there's so much blur and it really hurts my eyes. I've noticed that the blur is much more than other FPSs and it's really making me feel uneasy. I also played Resistance 2 at his house and I didn't have problems at all.

Is Killzone 2 just designed this way?

I was thinking about getting this once I get a PS3 someday, but I don't know if I want it anymore.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
pan slowly :) dunno if it does blur more than other FPSs lol...to me its the same :P
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Hey guys, I'm playing this game at my cousin's house today, but this game is making me feel dizzy or I'm getting some kind of motion sickness from this.

It's whenever I pan or move the screen left or right, there's so much blur and it really hurts my eyes. I've noticed that the blur is much more than other FPSs and it's really making me feel uneasy. I also played Resistance 2 at his house and I didn't have problems at all.

I was thinking about getting this once I get a PS3 someday, but I don't know if I want it anymore.

ASK_Story
Don't play it if you get motion sickness from it. I understand you completely. Many people I know get motion sickness from FPS games in general.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts

ASK_Story
I think I read somewhere that KZ2 uses the blur effect to get rid of Jaggies due to the lack of AA. The game is just naturally built like that.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
I didnt know it was possible to gett motion sickness, while playing a game, especially KZ2. KZ2 is a much more slow pace shooter
soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

It's also possible that it is because of the HDTV's slow response time (Result: Motion blurr).

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

well KZ2 is really heavy on the motion blur effect it makes things look really good in motion. pretty much every game chasing the graphics king title is heavy on it.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

It's also possible that it is because of the HDTV's slow response time (Result: Motion blurr).

soyt_llusala
Depends what tv, plasma - no, they are fast, LCD - yes, they are slow, LED - not sure. Also, its depends on fps (not firts person shooter, but frames per second). Motion sickness should be ok nowadays, i used to get it loads with old fps like doom, quake
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

it not common there are quite a few people that get motion sickness from some FPS's. i know a friend who can only play half life 2 for only a few hours before he gets sick. it something with KZ2 probably the combination of the turn speed and blur effect

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

well it has a pretty low framerate at times, and they cover it up with motion blur. So I could see this happening.

Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts
lol "motion sickness". more like inferior genetics.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
I think blur helps negate the motion sickness effects, actually.
lol "motion sickness". more like inferior genetics.DangerHiVoltage
Oh sorry, you, with your uber-mensch genetics...
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I'm pretty sure the blur is supposed to be theree to add realism. If Killzone gives you motion sickness I'd suggest staying away from some racing games. :?
GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts

Yeah, Killzone 2 uses a Blur effect to create quite a stunning FPS effect IMO. It actually does make me feel a bit dizzy after a couple of hours, but I get used to it. If you get motion sickness from it, I recommend staying away from KC2.

killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts

You're not alone, I used to get motion sickness/lightheaded whenever I played FPSs, most notably CoD 1, Halo: CE, and recently Bad Company 1. Simply play the game in short bursts and quit when you feel dizzy or your head starts hurting.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

soyt_llusala

Yea...you could have a low Hz on your TV if it is an HDTV.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

If you get that, just consider it "gone". Avoid it. Don't make yourself any worse.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

lol "motion sickness". more like inferior genetics.DangerHiVoltage

Pretty easy to say when you're not exposed to the worst of it. Why don't you go stare at a rapidly blinking red and yellow screen for about 10 minutes and get back to us about how you feel. Nobody's immune to this sort of thing, get a clue kiddo..

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

ASK_Story
Thought I was the only one that got a brain rattle when playing KZ2 while panning the camera. I HATE the blur in this game.