Most overrated game in a decade

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3FanMan4Life
Member since 2012 • 131 Posts

Battlefield 3.  Not only is this game overrated, but it's not even a good game at all.  

Issues range from hit detection (worst part of the game), online matchmaking (teams uneven 99% of the time), hackers (aimbot, speed hacks, health hacks, etc), nonsensical (repair tool kills a tank in a few seconds?  WTF? That's like killing someone with lotion), hit detection (so bad it has to be mentioned twice), weapons damage (totally imbalanced and arbitrary).

What is your most overrated game this past decade?

mctelinde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mctelinde
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

BF3 is quite an addicting game for competitive online multiplayer gameplay if you ask me. Sure, there are some issues that you speak of that are present in the game, but it's not a bad game by any means. I'd be okay without the single player campaign; the multiplayer is enough to keep me occupied. 

I'm not sure I've noticed any hit detection issues in the game, though the recoil felt from weapons used in the game definitely make it harder to gun other players down. 

mctelinde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mctelinde
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm curious, how much time have you sunk into the multiplayer? It takes some time to get used to the MP; it's differnet from other competitive online experiences out there.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

Most overrated games in the last decade (I cannot just choose one)

MGS4

GoW series

Halo series

Clone of Duty series 

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS3FanMan4Life
Member since 2012 • 131 Posts

I'm curious, how much time have you sunk into the multiplayer? It takes some time to get used to the MP; it's differnet from other competitive online experiences out there.

mctelinde
Probably 40-50 hours. It's EXTREMELY addicting, but but too many inconsistencies on the PS3 version (can't speak for Xbox 360 or PC) have caused me to quit playing. The hit shot inconsistency has driven me crazy.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#6 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Of the games I have played, UC3. Not a bad game by any means, but it was a let down after the masterpiece that was Among Thieves. I had to watch more than a handful of the cutscenes via youtube because the game froze. It really did break the experience.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

PS3FanMan4Life

Demon's Souls

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Uncharted 2 for sure. It's mediocre and awful on several occations in every aspect that doesn't have to do with presentation. It deserved in te 70-80 range at best, but managed a 96 average some how. It's head scratching to say the least.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soundcellx

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"]

finalserenade75

Demon's Souls

That is a very funny answer, coming from someone with Lauren Craft as their avatar. The new Tomb Raider is just another one of those generic modern gen games, devoid of anything special that the classics contained. 

Demon's Souls is close to the best game in the past decade, but the game that takes the cake is Dark Souls, for best game of the last decade.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

The Walking Dead

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Call of Duty

This doesn't necessarly mean I think the games are bad, just not as good as everyone says they are.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Demon's Soulsfinalserenade75
Agreed. The gameplay was fun enough and I enjoyed the challenge, but the lack of story bored me to tears and I could never bring myself to finish the game. I'll also say LittleBigPlanet. It was cool for the first hour or 2 but after that I got bored with it very quickly.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

None. People generally mistake what they wanted out of a game versus judging what they actually got. 

Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

Definitely the Uncharted series. Sure the presentation, writing, an overall production values are top-notch, but I don't think the same can be said for the game play itself - which is very average in many aspects.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

For me it has to be GTA IV.  I had a great time playing Vice City and San Andreas, but IV was just kind of boring.  I'd also say Red Dead Redemption didn't do much for me.  I liked the characters a lot, but there were a lot of missions that seemed like they didn't do much (come on, how much cow herding and farm work can one person do for the first 4 hours of the game).  I also wish they took more advantage of the giant map (i.e. just like AC3, hunting doesn't serve that big of a point). 

Though, for both of these games I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel really gets me hooked (GTA V seems ambitious enough, I just hope it delivers and brings back some of the less serious moments of past games, and I do hope they make a new RDR, but with a new story all together and not a continuation of RDR).

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

[QUOTE="PS3FanMan4Life"]

soundcellx

Demon's Souls

That is a very funny answer, coming from someone with Lauren Craft as their avatar. The new Tomb Raider is just another one of those generic modern gen games, devoid of anything special that the classics contained. 

Demon's Souls is close to the best game in the past decade, but the game that takes the cake is Dark Souls, for best game of the last decade.

It's all opinion. I disagree with your list besides GoW. That being said, I think the Borderlands games are really overrated. Not bad games, but not at the level people make them out to be at.

Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

Uncharted 2 for sure. It's mediocre and awful on several occations in every aspect that doesn't have to do with presentation. It deserved in te 70-80 range at best, but managed a 96 average some how. It's head scratching to say the least.

Pikminmaniac

You truly have awful taste in games and your logic is just as flawed. You say Uncharted 2 is 'mediocre and awful on several occations in every aspect that doesn't have to do with presentation', yet still believe it deserves a score in 'te(sp) 70-80 range'.  I'd personally equate a game that is 'mediocre and awful', in all but presentation, to be no higher than a 50-60, at the very best.

Your lack of taste is certainly closely challenged by your lack of intelligence. It's head scratching to say the least.

On topic, in my opinion (not stating this as a fact, like our idiot above), the COD games, other than COD 4 - Modern Warfare (which I loved at the time), are extremely overrated and underserving of the relatively high review scores and gargantuan sales.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

MGS4 and Demon's Souls

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Azzurri22

You truly have awful taste in games and your logic is just as flawed. You say Uncharted 2 is 'mediocre and awful on several occations in every aspect that doesn't have to do with presentation', yet still believe it deserves a score in 'te(sp) 70-80 range'. I'd personally equate a game that is 'mediocre and awful', in all but presentation, to be no higher than a 50-60, at the very best.

Your lack of taste is certainly closely challenged by your lack of intelligence. It's head scratching to say the least.

On topic, in my opinion (not stating this as a fact, like our idiot above), the COD games, other than COD 4 - Modern Warfare (which I loved at the time), are extremely overrated and underserving of the relatively high review scores and gargantuan sales.

I said 70-80 at best. I gave the game a 60 personally. I can't believe your insulting me because I dislike a game... I could back my reasoning up quite well if you wanted me to, but that would take me some time. I have rather legitimate complaints about lack of player control, shoot-out segments, story, and "platforming" in Uncharted 2. I think a lot of why I dislike the game stems from it being a back seat driver experience when I would prefer being in the driver's seat myself.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
MGS4 and GTAIV
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soundcellx

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

BH14

They're the two best games this gen though, since they are the most unique and with the best smoothest most realistic sword/melee combat. Therefore, your post doesn't make any damned sense, except in the sense that I suspect that your taste in video games is awful.

It's all opinion. I disagree with your list besides GoW. That being said, I think the Borderlands games are really overrated. Not bad games, but not at the level people make them out to be at.

Canuck3000

Boredlands series is indeed crap since they're crappy PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Games). You don't think Clone of Doofies are overrated? Seriously??????????????????

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BH14

[QUOTE="BH14"]

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

soundcellx

They're the two best games this gen though, since they are the most unique and with the best smoothest most realistic sword/melee combat. Therefore, your post doesn't make any damned sense, except in the sense that I suspect that your taste in video games is awful.

U mad? Did I hit a nerve?...... GOOD

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA 4

Uncharted series

mass effect series

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="BH14"]

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

BH14

U mad? Did I hit a nerve?...... GOOD

No. You didn't hit a nerve. Trolls like you have no taste. 

Go play your Clone of Duty and other generic current gen crappy games, Mister Troll with horrible taste. 

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Dark Souls and especially Demon´s Souls,those two by far. Also Red Dead Redemption,GTA4,MGS4 and Uncharted 2.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Demon´s Souls. Heard so much about it only to find a game that without it´s slightly higher than average dificulty would be an average game at best,and in most ways it still is regardless.

And even the difficulty of that game is extremely exagerated by the fanboys,on the first playthrough only a couple of bosses are actually fairly challenging(such as Allant and Flamelurker and after that the Maneaters on NG+),everything else is for the most part almost pathetically easy(considering the expectations).

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BH14

Dark Souls and especially Demon´s Souls,those two by far. Also Red Dead Redemption,GTA4,MGS4 and Uncharted 2.MrYaotubo

Oh no. You as well as others said Dark Souls and Demon's Souls?! Soundcellx is in full panic mode and needs to use his inhaler. I kinda agree with you with Red Dead Redemption and GTA4. Something about open world mission based games that doesn't click with me. I have MGS4 but I haven't even tried it yet. RDR and GTA4 were very highly rated but after playing them for a bit, I sold them on ebay. Maybe I needed to play it more but I thought those got boring.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soundcellx

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]Dark Souls and especially Demon´s Souls,those two by far. Also Red Dead Redemption,GTA4,MGS4 and Uncharted 2.BH14

Oh no. You as well as others said Dark Souls and Demon's Souls?! Soundcellx is in full panic mode and needs to use his inhaler. I kinda agree with you with Red Dead Redemption and GTA4. Something about open world mission based games that doesn't click with me. I have MGS4 but I haven't even tried it yet. RDR and GTA4 were very highly rated but after playing them for a bit, I sold them on ebay. Maybe I needed to play it more but I thought those got boring.

I have come to accept that most people in the world are morons, and therefore, your opinions do not bother me in the slightest.

You guys also like WWE wrasslin', Justin Biever, country music, football, coors light, Twilight movies, Avatar, Michael Bay Transformers and Crap of Duty? Yeah, tons of people in the world with freaking awful taste such as yourselves. 

Oh, I have not had asthma since I was 18. Nice try though with the inhaler bit. I work out and body build now, so I have not needed an inhaler for years now.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="BH14"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]Dark Souls and especially Demon´s Souls,those two by far. Also Red Dead Redemption,GTA4,MGS4 and Uncharted 2.soundcellx

I have come to accept that most people in the world are morons, and therefore, your opinions do not bother me in the slightest.

You guys also like WWE wrasslin', Justin Biever, country music, football, coors light, Twilight movies, Avatar, Michael Bay Transformers and Crap of Duty? Yeah, tons of people in the world with freaking awful taste such as yourselves. 

Oh, I have not had asthma since I was 18. Nice try though with the inhaler bit. I work out and body build now, so I have not needed an inhaler for years now.

The fact that you call people morons for disliking a game(s) you like says quite a bit about you,not to mention that,even though you say you´re not bothered at all you seem to be agressively responding to people in this thread,wich clearly shows otherwise.

Learn to respect other people´s opinions.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soundcellx

Nanomage

How about, "no"? (examples below)

If a person has the opinion that country music is good then I should not respect that opinion.

If a person has the opinion that their religion is right and/or god is real then I should not respect that opinion.

If a person has the opinion that drugs are good then I should not respect that opinion. 

If a person thinks that Superman 64 or Clone of Duty is a good game then I should not respect that opinion. 

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Mass Effect series

GTA4

MGS4

Borderlands series

Call of Duty series

Batman: Arkham City

pauldaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pauldaddy
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts

god of war 3

NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts
GTA IV - it's not a bad game but more of the same as the previous games, GTA V? i'm not that excited, Rokstar really needs to change the cities.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
COD by far. That game is super generic and very boring imo. Half the people that buy the game just get it because their friends have it.
RPGAddict4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RPGAddict4Ever
Member since 2013 • 111 Posts
COD & Uncharted 3
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="Nanomage"]

soundcellx

If a person has the opinion that country music is good then I should not respect that opinion.

If a person has the opinion that their religion is right and/or god is real then I should not respect that opinion.

If a person has the opinion that drugs are good then I should not respect that opinion. 

If a person thinks that Superman 64 or Clone of Duty is a good game then I should not respect that opinion. 

Demons Souls and Dark souls 'in my opinion' are way overrated. Let the flaming begin.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="Nanomage"]

H_M_1

Demons Souls and Dark souls 'in my opinion' are way overrated. Let the flaming begin.

Ah man now you've gone and done it. You'll get a paragraph explanation soon on how everything you write is wrong if not agreed with by him.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

GTA IV - it's not a bad game but more of the same as the previous games, GTA V? i'm not that excited, Rokstar really needs to change the cities.NightStein

wait have you played previous gta's the whole point people dont like it is because it nothing like GTA of old,

My most overrated games are;

GTA 4 ~

after playing the original GTA all the way till san Andreas I loved the way GTA was going san Andreas was a step above the rest the RPG elements the great story customisation was brilliant it was a lot of fun I spent hours doing the police and ambulance side missions I enjoyed exploring and it was fun blowing things up. GTA 4 just never even came close to that game the story was boring, there was hardly anything interesting to do there wasn't much fun and I felt so bored and the characters were forgetable me personally felt like it was a step backwards and felt let down that a ps2 game had alot more to offer and so much better than a ps3 GTA seriously and that's not just me saying that's fact I mean they spent more time designing little silly tv channels and shows I mean I play games to play games not to watch game tv. I'm worried about GTA 5 I. Just not sure about it I mean seriously do we need to switch between 3characters dont we just want a good fun gangsta game like the fun of saints row.

Red Dead Redemption ~

O god where do I start o what a game that could of been I mean yea the story was alright hunting wasn't to bad and the map was a good size but o looking there's nothing in the god dam map its basicly made up of wilderness there's 1town and 1farm and a couple of ruins and hold Ups but seriously the town has hardly any one in it nthing really inter active within it o wait sorry it had poker and some other little games but nothing interesting I mean you get drunk and you couldn't even start a fight this is the wild west I've seen enough movies to tell me how we proceive the wild west and red dead redemption was just a wasteland even GUN had more interactive towns. It just could of been great rockstar need to realise we dont care for just how big the map is we'd rather have a small town/map but with more building open and more stuff to do in it than a large map with nothing to do than look at how pretty it looks but sorry you can't touch.

That's all I can think of right now, I mean I could say U3 was overrated but really yes it wasn't as good as the second but it was all apart of the same game so I class the uncharted series as one big game than 3individual games and then it isn't that bad itw just amazing

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

Valkyria Chronicles

GT5

These games are way overrated.

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="BH14"]

Dark Souls

Demon's Souls

soundcellx

Canuck3000

Boredlands series is indeed crap since they're crappy PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Games). You don't think Clone of Doofies are overrated? Seriously??????????????????

I haven't heard of 'Clone of Doofies', perhaps send me a link to the gamespot page? To me it sounds like something an 8 year old came up with...

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="H_M_1"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Venom_Raptor

Ah man now you've gone and done it. You'll get a paragraph explanation soon on how everything you write is wrong if not agreed with by him.

Dude I know soundcellx lol. I'm waiting for that. If soundcellx disagrees with others opinions I can too.
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Deus Ex HR. Not my kind of game. But that is my opinion.
Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

Deus Ex HR. Not my kind of game. But that is my opinion. Weenski

You did not just go there, bro! :evil:

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Weenski"]Deus Ex HR. Not my kind of game. But that is my opinion. Ace_of_Spades90

lol :P

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

Battlefield 3.  Not only is this game overrated, but it's not even a good game at all.  

Issues range from hit detection (worst part of the game), online matchmaking (teams uneven 99% of the time), hackers (aimbot, speed hacks, health hacks, etc), nonsensical (repair tool kills a tank in a few seconds?  WTF? That's like killing someone with lotion), hit detection (so bad it has to be mentioned twice), weapons damage (totally imbalanced and arbitrary).

PS3FanMan4Life
i dont think it was overrated. Many pointed out the crappy single player. its just the content of MP that it had. It was addicting. I played for 3 months though and moved on. i know longer enjoy fps right now.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="Weenski"]Deus Ex HR. Not my kind of game. But that is my opinion. Ace_of_Spades90

Hahaha, indeed!

But seriously, I can't believe some people are paying attention to soundcellx. I thought he's a well known troll on these forums by now. Just ignore him guys.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Most over rated is GTA4 geto a 10 and was really an 8.Most overrated system is the Wii which sold the most but is a motion controller gimmicky underpowered PoS. 

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pikminmaniac

Most over rated is GTA4 geto a 10 and was really an 8.Most overrated system is the Wii which sold the most but is a motion controller gimmicky underpowered PoS.

clr84651

But with the strongest 1st party in the industry producing some of the best games of the past generation, the Wii ended up alright. Whether or not those 10-15 awesome games are worth an entire console is, admittedly, questionable.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BH14

This is what happens to soundcellx when someone says "demon's souls is overrated."...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVhwlwHhY4